Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
Trees are more important than buildings, they would have been a bit smaller in the 80's.

Just paint the buildings mission brown and throw a few ghostbusters t-shirts on the spectators.

See? This is the crap I'm talking about. The trees are too big. They'd have definitely been smaller in the 80s. That's got to be a joke. The trees aren't to scale...Hahaha.

See? This is the crap I'm talking about. The trees are too big. They'd have definitely been smaller in the 80s. That's got to be a joke. The trees aren't to scale...Hahaha.

It clearly was a joke.

The scenery is not 'completely' different. Go look at pictures from '89.

Keep in mind they're 80s tracks, but that doesn't inherintly mean '80 or '81. The track surroundings did change in that decade. They DID put up a few buildings in the infield. Obviously, not to the extent it has by now, but I just don't expect them to model the surroundings incredibly. You guys want everything and more. It's absurd. Boohoo, the buildings and fences are not to spec. I want the track layout to be perfect and it is. That is what is important.

The only time you're going to notice the scenery inaccuracy is when you're driving, which seems silly to me. OMG...look at that cell tower...aaaannnnddd I'm in the sand trap. Look at that building that wasn't there in 1986! Aannndd I'm in the wall. Who cares. No johnny player special ad! No McLaren! The sounds!...which is subjective and you have the majority saying it sounds good, etc. Who cares. One thing at a time when it comes to sims. You can't get it all in one go. You can't get it all in general.

The only thing that annoys me is that you have to use sennas suit in the 97t by default, but not in the F3. That's it. I guess we all look for different things in games and sims.

You're making a bigger deal out of of criticising the original criticism. You also seem to have an 'I don't care so it doesn't matter' attitude.

Someone posted a video of 85 Brands Hatch, which is what they're called in game. They're very different.

You're making a bigger deal out of of criticising the original criticism. You also seem to have an 'I don't care so it doesn't matter' attitude.

Someone posted a video of 85 Brands Hatch, which is what they're called in game. They're very different.
Like I said, can't get every single thing 100%. You go get over million people looking at something and give them the internet - these are the sorts of tail ends of threads you get.

Look back at this thread. You're high, if you think I'm making a bigger deal of the criticism with a one somewhat lengthy post and couple short for the responses. To be honest, look at your own posts from the past couple days..

Like I said, can't get every single thing 100%. You go get over million people looking at something and give them the internet - these are the sorts of tail ends of threads you get.

If by 'sort of tail end' you mean reasonable and logical discussion, which is what this was before you got here, then I don't really see why you're annoyed. Nobody else is.

The point is they didn't even try, for whatever reason. Everything is identical to the 2013 versions. Look if you don't care that's your opinion, other people are however entitled to be bothered by it and discuss it without our opinion being called absurd or classed as moaning and bitching.

As @SCER says we were having a casual discussion until you came and starting calling names again as per a few pages ago.

Look back at this thread. You're high, if you think I'm making a bigger deal of the criticism with a one somewhat lengthy post and couple short for the responses. To be honest, look at your own posts from the past couple days..

Yes, do that. See how I simply posted my opinion in one short post and then everyone else exploded with vitriol towards me.

The point is they didn't even try, for whatever reason. Everything is identical to the 2013 versions. Look if you don't care that's your opinion, other people are however entitled to be bothered by it and discuss it without our opinion being called absurd or classed as moaning and bitching.

As @SCER says we were having a casual discussion until you came and starting calling names again as per a few pages ago.

My bad. I forgot this coming soon thread was for whining review and feedback. There may even be a whole subforum devoted to that on here.

Yes, do that. See how I simply posted my opinion in one short post and then everyone else exploded with vitriol towards me.
Please quote name calling.

I responded to your critiques? What has you bent out of shape. Quote what upset you. Where am I argumentative? Disagreeing ≠ argumentative.

Please quote name calling.

I responded to your critiques? What has you bent out of shape. Quote what upset you. Where am I argumentative? Disagreeing ≠ argumentative.

I take that back, you didn't use name calling. You did however claim that people were bitching and that our opinion was absurd. That is what has me 'bent out of shape', because valid critisism is not bitching or absurd, it's an opinion that I/we are entitled to just as you are entitled to not be bothered by it.

The point was discussion had returned to a civil nature and then you came in being rude towards those who had a different opinion to you.

Apart of the wrong things on the scenery, I like the old layout of Monza, it's way better.

I have to say having not driven this layout before I did enjoy it. The first chicane is a bit finicky although still better than the current one. The only slight downside is that the white blocks are solid so any genuine mistake is met with a sudden stop. The more open Lesmo's were nice though, with all the camber to ease you round.

I have to say having not driven this layout before I did enjoy it. The first chicane is a bit finicky although still better than the current one. The only slight downside is that the white blocks are solid so any genuine mistake is met with a sudden stop. The more open Lesmo's were nice though, with all the camber to ease you round.

The consensus is that camber isn't actually programmed properly in GT6. 0 camber actually offers the most grip.

It's as if gtplanet/GT is a totalitarian state led by Kim Jong-Yamauchi, where any opinions, no matter how constructive, must be attacked.
I have not been here long and you seem to be pretty good at what you're condemning here, but ok. Will duck out of this one.

I also didn't attack opinions, I just disagreed. Apparently disagreement = attack, when you don't sugar coat it.

But, I have nothing decent left to say.

Some older layouts are just so much fun. I also miss the old layouts of Fuji on GT4.

Sorry I meant the camber of the track itself, the corners are almost banked.

My mistake

Some older layouts are just so much fun. I also miss the old layouts of Fuji on GT4.

Agee with you on this. A lot of the modern layouts have slowed down the circuits too much, they feel a lot more disjointed than the older circuits and layouts. The double hairpin halfway through Fuji Speedway F for instance is basically a brake test halfway through the lap.

Some of them are certainly more suited to lower grip cars and you can see why they changed some of them but generally, yeah. Classic Spa is great in lower grip cars.

Agee with you on this. A lot of the modern layouts have slowed down the circuits too much, they feel a lot more disjointed than the older circuits and layouts. The double hairpin halfway through Fuji Speedway F for instance is basically a brake test halfway through the lap.

I cannot put into words how much I hate the modern Fuji track. It used to be fast and flowing, now it's got no flow and the last section is just awful. It was absolutely butchered and I'd be happy if that incarnation never appeared in a video game again.

I cannot put into words how much I hate the modern Fuji track. It used to be fast and flowing, now it's got no flow and the last section is just awful. It was absolutely butchered and I'd be happy if that incarnation never appeared in a video game again.

It really is a shadow of what it was, but I'll leave it at theat, getting kinda off-topic here.

With the Lotus do the hands look like they clip into the wheel to anyone else, especially when in the airbox view or whatever it would be classed as? Also for some reason the readout screen stops working in that view over cockpit, even though it's still visible.

(disclaimer: This is an obversation, not a complaint. It doesn't really matter)
I have seen this in hood/TV pod view.

Any tip on Brands Hatch with the Lotus? I'm only like 1.8 seconds to silver
For me the biggest difference was made in the first two corners, paying special attention to the first, as long as you keep good speed through the back corners.

I also didn't attack opinions, I just disagreed. Apparently disagreement = attack, when you don't sugar coat it.
Umm...
Yeah... Plus:
The only thing that annoys me is that you have to use sennas suit in the 97t by default, but not in the F3. That's it. I guess we all look for different things in games and sims.
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure you can use any suit in any car.

I like modern Fuji. Of course the banking had to go away, the track had many accidents. What Gran Turismo doesnt convey so much is the huge elevation change. At the end of 100r and 300r for instance.

My mistake

Most all modern tracks have been Tilke'd to death.

Back