Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
I'm reffering to the license of the F1 cars as those are the ones that aren't making an appearance in anything outside of Codemaster's official F1 license games. I doubt the McLaren Automotive cars have the same going on otherwise GT6 shouldn't even have the F1 GTRs or the MP4-12C and likewise, Forza 5 shouldn't have the P1. Someone here said they talked to the person in charge and they said they were not going to sublicense the cars (I'll need to look for that post just to make sure that's correct). That's interesting to hear that there are rumours of finanacial troubles. When did these start and how bad is it (assuming its true)?

That's what I was alluding to, supposedly any title that doesn't have the F1 license aren't allowed to have more then one F1 car, otherwise it constitutes as an "F1 race".

But how do we know that Polyphony Digital doesn't have F1 license for Gran Turismo 6?
In Gran Turismo 5 it was 3 Formula one cars, Ferrari F2007, Ferrari F10 2010 and Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo car.
Did they have a special license for those cars and for the Formula GT world championship?

But how do we know that Polyphony Digital doesn't have F1 license for Gran Turismo 6?
In Gran Turismo 5 it was 3 Formula one cars, Ferrari F2007, Ferrari F10 2010 and Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo car.
Did they have a special license for those cars and for the Formula GT world championship?
well F2007 and F10 2010 count's not PDI fourmla...

Because it an exclusive license with Codemasters.

Special in the sense that they could only race each other, yes. When people found a glitch to race the Ferrari against the FGT PD quickly moved to stop it, as it probably broke their license agreement, even though the FGT is fictional.

Ok, thank you for sorting this out for me.

Do you know what license they have?

NASCAR?
Japanese Touring Car Championship?
Le Mans?
American Le Mans?
FIA GT Championship?
Formula 3000?
French Supertouring Championship?
FIA WRC?
German Touring Car Championship?
Swedish Touring Car Championship?

And many more.

But one thing is for sure, they have license to have japanese cars in Gran Turismo ;) (especially Nissan)

Who, PD? I've no idea what they still hold but as far as I know most of those you list are 'open' licenses, in that PD could acquire them if they wanted, they're not exclusively held down by anyone else like F1.

I must be missing something, because it seems to me that the number of fanboys here is pretty heavily outnumbered by grouchers.
Let's see; overall quality of the GT series has been going backwards in the last years -> people that are complaining start to outnumber the dedicated fans on the forum.. Coincidence?
💡

I do agree it's more fun reading about the subject at hand, than people going at it against eachother the whole time (better skip that page there), but sadly it's a byproduct of a popular series not delivering the goods anymore.
I do think we can all agree that the Senna content was nicely handed, and they actually made an effort to get the Lotus sound on par with it's looks (finally one car sounds like it should!), but apart from that the game itself isn't very appealing anymore to most that loved it from the start, due to the outdated gameplay / features and the lack of options to have a good race offline, even though the content is clearly there.

Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. A gaggle of people who frequent the boards and for which PD can't even walk a straight line without mommy holding their hand, and who will often make things up to bolster their arguments. "All cars sound like ice crushers or something" comes to mind, or whatever the meme of the month is.
I must be missing something, because it seems to me that the number of fanboys here is pretty heavily outnumbered by grouchers. Checked out the sounds threads lately?
So what does repeatedly referring to the poor arguments put forth in the sound threads have to do with a person who pointed out that a game delivering nonspecific content advertised as part of the game is not the same thing as giving free new DLC?

Last edited:
Who, PD? I've no idea what they still hold but as far as I know most of those you list are 'open' licenses, in that PD could acquire them if they wanted, they're not exclusively held down by anyone else like F1.

Ok, so it is F1 license that is a little bit (maybe very complicated) complicated and very strict.
:( That's pitty, i would really like to drive this Lotus 97T in a A-Spec Formula GT championship event, with at least 6 races. Not just two time trails :grumpy:

I hear there is an update you can install on your playstation that allows you to play with lots more F1 cars, on more F1 tracks, with pretty accurate F1 rules...

You guys should check it out..

F12013-302x350.jpg

Seriously why do you want GT to become something it's not when F1 is probably one of the most readily available gaming options out there??

Ok, so it is F1 license that is a little bit (maybe very complicated) complicated and very strict.
:( That's pitty, i would really like to drive this Lotus 97T in a A-Spec Formula GT championship event, with at least 6 races. Not just two time trails :grumpy:

Nothing stopping them do that as far as I know, as long as the 97T only raced against clones of itself.

I hear there is an update you can install on your playstation that allows you to play with lots more F1 cars, on more F1 tracks, with pretty accurate F1 rules...

You guys should check it out..

F12013-302x350.jpg

Seriously why do you want GT to become something it's not when F1 is probably one of the most readily available gaming options out there??
Because people like choice?

And which title do you think offers the best choice to those looking for a Formula 1 fix?
Currently Codies, because they happen to have an exclusive license that lets them do all the things with F1. Still no reason for F1 to not be in GT. Although my interest doesn't lie in current F1, I have more of a soft spot for 80's and prior F1.

Nothing stopping them do that as far as I know, as long as the 97T only raced against clones of itself.

I don't think you could have a serious Senna tribute, reflecting on his career, in which he races clones of himself. It'd remove all the seriousness and accuracy from the event.

I don't think you could have a serious Senna tribute, reflecting on his career, in which he races clones of himself. It'd remove all the seriousness and accuracy from the events in my opinion, and become a gimmick.

Well I meant the cars, the drivers in them could have been different with only one Senna.

Well I meant the cars, the drivers in them could have been different with only one Senna.

Even still, for an event so accurate that the aim is to beat his exact lap times in two formula cars he drove, on three different circuits, it'd feel seem a bit too light-hearted and silly to suddenly have twelve identical 97Ts racing eachother.

I feel like they can't really win on this issue: they're accused by some people of making the 97T unusable because there are no races for it to enter but on the other hand they'd be mocked by other people for having twelve identical Lotus 97Ts racing each other.

That might be true, I was just saying they could have done it if they wanted to. They could have even possibly done something like the Vettel challenge, with just 'Senna' on the track.

I think there's a subtle, but important, difference between racing "Vettel", a current, live F1 driver, and one who is neither.

Heres a tip for those struggling, low rpm will save you from spinning mostly. Try taking turns 1 gear higher than suggested (if you have suggested gear indicator turned on). High speed turns especially are a good place to try light braking and coasting instead of flying in hot and braking hard then flooring the throttle out of turn.
I was doing this with the DS3, using it as a crutch, really. Changing up and flooring it once I was settled in the corner, the "lag" carrying me safely past the apex.

Best I got was silver, because I couldn't be bothered to adapt to the ridiculous exponential axis on the sticks, compounded by the tangential nature of the input from your thumb. And no, don't say "use the triggers", because the DS2 was infinitely better in this respect. I'll be investing in one of those adapters shortly.

The other option is to fix my brake pedal and try again with the wheel, but the procrastination effect is 16 times greater given the problem is twice as hard to fix. :D

That might be true, I was just saying they could have done it if they wanted to. They could have even possibly done something like the Vettel challenge, with just 'Senna' on the track.

True, a one-on-one race against Senna in cars with alternate liveries and a somehow-super AI driver could have been fun.

There could be a bit of awkwardness/controversy about the opportunity to crash into his car and 're-kill' him though.

Pretty sure Kaz wants to be there if a new track is coming to the game, to capture the essence of it or something like that (as he said on the Willow Springs video). Also I dont think you visit a track "for the lulz" and you do nothing in it.
Because...?
The flaws in your logic are pretty apparent. You seem to think that: because Kaz it must be GT related. I'm simply stating that's only ONE possibility.

Ok, thank you for sorting this out for me.

Do you know what license they have?

NASCAR?
Japanese Touring Car Championship?
Le Mans?
American Le Mans?
FIA GT Championship?
Formula 3000?
French Supertouring Championship?
FIA WRC?
German Touring Car Championship?
Swedish Touring Car Championship?

And many more.

But one thing is for sure, they have license to have japanese cars in Gran Turismo ;) (especially Nissan)

I remember reading about the Nomad Diablo in the Japanese GT3 years ago. The Licence for the car was obtained through the team and had nothing to do with JGTC or Lamborghini. It's quite possible that many of the racing cars have been obtained in a similar way.

...exclusive license...... Still no reason for F1 to not be in GT.

Seems to be a pretty good reason to me!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really anti-F1 cars at all, and its easy for me.to say this, since I'm more of a hot-lapper, but we've now had more cars related to an F1 driver than we've had normal cars (I'm obviously discounting VGT because despite beingfun and cool, they are still kinda fake). Take a look at the suggestions thread, those are the assets people want... And I don't see so many F1 cars on there.

I may now know a little more about Ayrton Senna than I did 6 months ago, but he untouchable hype machine surrounding this 3 car update, has done his memory no favours for me.

I pray GT7 Leaves out personalities.

Seems to be a pretty good reason to me!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really anti-F1 cars at all, and its easy for me.to say this, since I'm more of a hot-lapper, but we've now had more cars related to an F1 driver than we've had normal cars (I'm obviously discounting VGT because despite beingfun and cool, they are still kinda fake). Take a look at the suggestions thread, those are the assets people want... And I don't see so many F1 cars on there.

I may now know a little more about Ayrton Senna than I did 6 months ago, but he untouchable hype machine surrounding this 3 car update, has done his memory no favours for me.

I pray GT7 Leaves out personalities.
I pray GT7 improves racing. Then we can have a good base for all sorts of disciplines and finally find a good use for all those cars beyond drooling. Online can't be the only way to have fun, but that's another subject for another debate.

I think that by July we'll finally have a regular premium DLC schedule that adds new cars of all sorts. Rumour also has it that they're not done with Senna.

Back