Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
This might be new to some people.

From an older article Kudos to @Johnnypenso
https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-comments-on-interlagos-circuit-in-gt6/

From Kaz about Senna in GT6:

Kazunori Yamauchi acknowledged the track in comments to Brazilian news agency UOL Jogos, but stopped short of fully confirming it will appear in GT6: ”Interlagos is a racetrack that was important in the life of Senna, it is important that this circuit is present.”

He addressed further questions about the content, stating that “I still can not confirm whether we have the life of Senna after this period as the Instituto Ayrton Senna only owns the rights to his image until 1987.”

“First we will include the tracks that he used to race on kart and maybe the tracks and cars from Formula 3. Later, on Formula 1, the first races that he made a pole position. I hope to be able to include the majority of these events for the players to enjoy, or even racing against Ayrton”.

The article also says that all these content will be DLC, though it doesn’t say whether it will be paid or not.

I love Senna! He was an amazing talent, and a wonderful person. A true legend.

But....

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rats 🤬 about "Senna Content" being added to GT6?????

I mean, I would much rather see a fixed, functional GT6, including the missing features (track editor, shuffle, etc) way before seeing this "Senna content".

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anything "Senna related" actually adding value and content to the game. Aside from PD releasing Interlagos (possible, but much more likely for GT7), or enough Formula 1 cars from the same era to field a realistic 16 person grid....what can "Senna content" include that will increase my enjoyment of GT6 in the same way a track editor, shuffle races....or hell, how about just a stable online server, would?

I just don't see it. A couple racing suites....maybe one, possibly two (unlikely) of Senna's old F1 cars....a fancy 5 minute video....what else could this "Senna content" be?

Just my opinion, but this whole Senna business seems like another attempt by PD to gain publicity and hype without actually adding much to the game at all.

I love Senna! He was an amazing talent, and a wonderful person. A true legend.

But....

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rats 🤬 about "Senna Content" being added to GT6?????

I mean, I would much rather see a fixed, functional GT6, including the missing features (track editor, shuffle, etc) way before seeing this "Senna content".

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anything "Senna related" actually adding value and content to the game. Aside from PD releasing Interlagos (possible, but much more likely for GT7), or enough Formula 1 cars from the same era to field a realistic 16 person grid....what can "Senna content" include that will increase my enjoyment of GT6 in the same way a track editor, shuffle races....or hell, how about just a stable online server, would?

I just don't see it. A couple racing suites....maybe one, possibly two (unlikely) of Senna's old F1 cars....a fancy 5 minute video....what else could this "Senna content" be?

Just my opinion, but this whole Senna business seems like another attempt by PD to gain publicity and hype without actually adding much to the game at all.

I agree fully. I also don't see PD making more out of Senna than they did with Vetel or Andretti. Andretti being the biggest joke with one seasonal featuring the car. Watching the first-love trailer took longer than finishing the Andretti part.

I really hope they surprise us and make more out of Senna.

As usually I add some personal hope to see some content as the awesome track of Interlagos, Ayrton´s Senna kart track and some of his F1 cars (the Lotus and the Honda :drool:).

But since this is PD and common sense is not a term used by them so often, I´m crying in anticipation. :(

I agree fully. I also don't see PD making more out of Senna than they did with Vetel or Andretti. Andretti being the biggest joke with one seasonal featuring the car. Watching the first-love trailer took longer than finishing the Andretti part.

Well the good thing is that hopefully the rights and licencing of personalities like Andretti, Senna, Vettel, Loeb etc. can be carried over to GT7 and be implemented in a more meaningful and full fledged way. These things don't neccessarily have to stay reserved for PS3 which they clearly are having difficulty dropping content on.

Seems a shame to have missed out on releasing content for Ayrton's birthday. At least they've teased something. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we saw something by May, his birth > his death.

Here's hoping any Senna related content is more along the lines of what we got with Redbull /Vettel (fun, multiple series and prize cars) and not Andretti (single TT and a prize car).

Well the good thing is that hopefully the rights and licencing of personalities like Andretti, Senna, Vettel, Loeb etc. can be carried over to GT7 and be implemented in a more meaningful and full fledged way. These things don't neccessarily have to stay reserved for PS3 which they clearly are having difficulty dropping content on.

The difficulty doesn't come from the PS3. It is PD's lack of ideas what to do with those celebrities.

Oh man, that's a very, very good point. There is no way PD would let the Senna content just be a TT with a single new car?? :scared: I really hope they are working on something big for Senna.

The video doesn't mention anything of GT6 and it's hard to be in a tizzy for some videogame content watching such a somber video speaking in reverence of such a great man. Makes the whole videogame part seem a bit.. insignificant. :(

I'm cautiously cautious about what to expect from PD at this point. They really have to get this right.
Great comment.

I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if there was never a mention of another celebrity driver in GT again. They add nothing to the game, IMO. And I can't imagine the costs involved with obtaining licensing. I'm just speculating, but I'm willing to bet that money could be put to better use...such as obtaining more car and/or track licenses...or here's one...to hire a few more staff!! Maybe a programmer or two, or maybe a PR manager. Just an idea.

The difficulty doesn't come from the PS3. It is PD's lack of ideas what to do with those celebrities.

You may be right about that. At least 50%, I'm still going to hang on to the glimmer of hope that PD as a team isn't that uncreative and simply are struggling with the basic core of the game on the CELL processor with no time to make creative fun offline events. And with everything from the technical to the promotional side of things and the impressive collaborations in the automotive world I find it really difficult to believe that we're talking about not knowing how to spawn ideas for creative events.

Clearly people are frustrated, I'm an online guy so the intense frustration in this regard for me isn't that much of a concern. I just want 100% unlocked cars that I can fairly easily buy one at a time and get the heck online and race them in a great online enviroment with tons of pre-created daily lobbies with some unique events where ALL content PD has worked so many years on is actually being used by thousands and thousands of people.

Last edited:

I actually feel bad for Mario, such a gentleman and a legendary racer, and his legacy on the game is a Youtube Video and one Seasonal race with the car he started racing with. I hope they do something better and more involved with Senna, although with the terrible AI in the game, any offline content is only going to suffer from lack of true competitiveness anyway. .

I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if there was never a mention of another celebrity driver in GT again. They add nothing to the game, IMO. And I can't imagine the costs involved with obtaining licensing. I'm just speculating, but I'm willing to bet that money could be put to better use...such as obtaining more car and/or track licenses...or here's one...to hire a few more staff!! Maybe a programmer or two, or maybe a PR manager. Just an idea.

I wouldn't say celebreties don't add to the game.. as I said above they obviously just need to make more use of them online.. that's where it counts. Hiring staff is something I have always been pro for.. PR manager, meh it is what it is as they say, when the content is finished PD will drop the dowloadable update.

I wouldn't say celebreties don't add to the game.. as I said above they obviously just need to make more use of them online.. that's where it counts. Hiring staff is something I have always been pro for.. PR manager, meh it is what it is as they say, when the content is finished PD will drop the dowloadable update.

What would be your idea for an online involvement? I can imagine a couple of things in offline but it never crossed my mind to use celebrities in the online part. Not trying to poke holes, I am genuinely curious what your idea is.

I actually feel bad for Mario, such a gentleman and a legendary racer, and his legacy on the game is a Youtube Video and one Seasonal race with the car he started racing with. I hope they do something better and more involved with Senna, although with the terrible AI in the game, any offline content is only going to suffer from lack of true competitiveness anyway. .

Yeah, it's not like they actually built a Hudson Hornet and presented it to him in real life.

Mario's first love, digitally immortalised, and recreated for real. And you feel bad for him?

I feel bad for you now Johnny.

What puzzled me the most about the MA Seasonal TT "exercise" is what appears to be the fully modeled banked dirt oval (Walt James Stadium) on the periphery of GT6's Streets of Willow.
That is the kind of track the Hudson was run on, not pavement. :odd:

Yeah, it's not like they actually built a Hudson Hornet and presented it to him in real life.

Mario's first love, digitally immortalised, and recreated for real. And you feel bad for him?

I guess if they build a Formula Ford for Bruno and then throw out a Senna TT with SRF on, that'll also be a great tribute to Ayrton's memory in GT6 for you and those that think like you. I wonder how many other GT fans would be as happy as you with something as lame as that. I guess if your standards are low enough, any bone they throw you is good enough.

I "personally" would have preferred a dlc with someone like lauda, Prost, jackie steward ... Pref jackie as senna was a reckless idiot in my eyes and over rated , but that's just my opinion , least in gt6 I can don his race suit and drive sensible and safe ...

I don't know exactly what the agreement between PD and Mario was but I would feel slightly duped. You make a beautiful long trailer where you tell the story of your humble beginnings as a race driver and they re-create your first race car. So you would assume the story would somehow be told and extended upon in the actual game. Then it turns out that players who didn't get the game soon enough for the Hudson seasonal won't even have any context for the car except the car description.

I am sure it won't break Mario's heart but it sure as hell does feel like his good name was used to create a hype for something that doesn't deliver. For me that's pretty disrespectful.

Back