Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
It has ground effects.

Odd. Must be the difference in driving style or something.. Either way I agree, the car is awesome!
Negative. Rt3 = flat floor. Rt5 = tunneled floor with affect. Was told this by an ex Jordan gp mech. He was restoring an rt3, if I recall correctly.

It finished uploading quickly so here's my terrible video of the Lotus 97T.
I'm at the office now so had to do it discretely, took my smartphone, held it against my ear and listened to your vid :cool:

It sounds pretty descent i have to say, the low grunt of the real engine is replicated quite nicely 👍

People are saying that the sounds are good.

Is this real life?

@Griffith500 please do your technical research!

The 97T sounds fantastic. I'm quite surprised. I mean, it's not completely spot on to the real car (I've never heard any game that close to classic F1 cars really), but it's pretty close and it's extremely impressive considering PD's past. Job well done here for sure. The F3 car also sounds pretty nice.

Anyway, just completed everything and damn, that was the most fun I've ever had in GT6. Particularly the 97T parts were just so fun. Can't believe the speed and handling of that monster... I absolutely loved driving on 80s Monza. I already liked that version better just based on the chicane itself despite having never driven it, but wow is that chicane complex ever fun... Can't believe they changed that. New Monza's first chicane is terrible... Such a shame. The lesmos as well flow much more nicely in the 80s version. I don't know if I'll ever purposely drive on new Monza again now that we have this version...

The 97T sounds fantastic. I'm quite surprised. I mean, it's not completely spot on to the real car (I've never heard any game that close to classic F1 cars really), but it's pretty close and it's extremely impressive considering PD's past. Job well done here for sure. The F3 car also sounds pretty nice.

Anyway, just completed everything and damn, that was the most fun I've ever had in GT6. Particularly the 97T parts were just so fun. Can't believe the speed and handling of that monster... I absolutely loved driving on 80s Monza. I already liked that version better just based on the chicane itself despite having never driven it, but wow is that chicane complex ever fun... Can't believe they changed that. New Monza's first chicane is terrible... Such a shame. The lesmos as well flow much more nicely in the 80s version. I don't know if I'll ever purposely drive on new Monza again now that we have this version...
Totally agree about 80's monza, it's soooo much better than the newer one

gonna take about 9hours for me to download & im using a high-speed connection for my country
using my regular connection update with this size will take 2-3days if im lucky not to get any error during downloading / power outage
only solution for me is to buy ps+ everymonth & keep running my ps3 and wait forever just because pd decided to include HD videos for everyvision car & there is 20 more to come
not im not grateful for free content i know im gonna LOVE this senna update ,, but unwanted HD Videos in huge sizes are taking the fun out of it..
anyone else having same problem as me?

Thanks for all the videos. I listened to them also and it seems like they definitely re used the red bull samples for both the F3 and the Lotus, which is a good thing as those come close to the real thing and are miles better than what was on offer before, so at least the immersion isn't destroyed. I do find the downshifts a bit too digitalized and high pitched still in that typical GT way, but they did their best this time to make it sound descent enough.

I had my expectations set to the lowest regarding the sounds, but I do have to say that I'm for once actually pleasantly suprised.

gonna take about 9hours for me to download & im using a high-speed connection for my country
using my regular connection update with this size will take 2-3days if im lucky not to get any error during downloading / power outage
only solution for me is to buy ps+ everymonth & keep running my ps3 and wait forever just because pd decided to include HD videos for everyvision car & there is 20 more to come
not im not grateful for free content i know im gonna LOVE this senna update ,, but unwanted HD Videos in huge sizes are taking the fun out of it..
anyone else having same problem as me?
Why do you need PS+?

Anyone thinking the 97t sounds like any of the red bull x cars has not listened to an in-car cam from a 97t. They nailed it and I've been watching F1 for a long time.

But, it now appears that PD has been using the new sound engine with the RBs.

The new sound engine just seems to give any of the cars testing it a similar type of sound, not note. In audio recording involving processed digital sound, it is referred to as "dry". It's usually due to the recording setup, if not always.

Last edited:
So glad I hooked up the wheel for this one. Right away even the karting was great. Was way off at first but once you realize how to brake and corner with the kart it's easy to chop off seconds and seconds. F3 was even more fun, felt great already and my time in that car was too short but I was too anxious to get to the Lotus and wow, I was not disappointed. Monza wasn't that difficult but took a bunch of runs. My first impressions were complete excitement with the new layout, the car itself and just how fast and fun it was to drive. Brands was much harder and took me quite a bit, but it was also very fun. The layout is much more different than I thought. Have to say I also like that Brands better, just like Monza.

Overall the tribute feels a bit too short but I'm not disappointed at all. It was thoroughly fun and I'm going to have a lot more fun playing on the 80s tracks and even on normal Spa which I just did a multi lap run on -- extremely fun for anyone looking for suggestions. Spa just flows perfectly for this car. Also going to have a lot of fun with that F3 car.

I really hope that's not it though. In fact, I'm certain it isn't. Getting Interlagos seems fairly certain at this point. I'm not naive enough to expect any McLarens, but if we get even one... What a treat that would be. Give us the MP4/4, MP4/5(A) and the MP4/6 and I'll be absolutely golden... If not, another Lotus would be great (preferably the 99T for variance, but why not both it and the 98T? :D), and the Toleman as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 6
Why do you need PS+?
because you can pause/resume updates with PS+ , that way if due to slow connection i get any error during downloading [ which most likely i will ] i dont have to start again from 0% its gonna be an endless cycle of trial & error [ according to Einstein its insanity! ]

because you can pause/resume updates with PS+ , that way if due to slow connection i get any error during downloading [ which most likely i will ] i dont have to start again from 0% its gonna be an endless cycle of trial & error [ according to Einstein its insanity! ]
I had no idea you could pause and resume updates with plus. That's a pretty nice feature. Hopefully yours moves quickly.

Back