Senna's content on brazilian car magazine

I

im sorry but I believe they are lying to you as they did with the BMW release.
No company in his right mind would leave 'signatures and background stuff' for the last day. All the legal, dotted is and crossed ts would have been done long ago.
So that all smells and sound as a lame attempt to hide a bigger problem.

For someone who speaks Portuguese is not ambiguous. Making a literal translation usually doesn't work, and this one of those cases ;)

That's wrong.
It means that the sound and handling was done well and who played the f1 2013 will notice the similarity between them.

I'm Portuguese.

And I'm Brazilian. And it is ambiguous to brazilian speakers, specially because our gaming press is laughable, at best, when it comes to racing games. Nevermind proper use of the language.

Last edited:
A 1:25.084 for gold at Monza in the F1 car? Is that possible with a DS3? Reading the Brazil site you need to win, or bronze?, four races; a kart, F3 and two F1.

A 1:25.084 for gold at Monza in the F1 car? Is that possible with a DS3? Reading the Brazil site you need to win, or bronze?, four races; a kart, F3 and two F1.
Looks like Bronze gets you through to the next challenge. Let's hope it's attainable for 99% of players or the rage will be of historic proportions:lol:

At best, it'll likely be GT Academy hard for me to get gold, but I think I can manage.

Only question now though is will they force everyone to drive the cars without aids or leave them on?

And I'm Brazilian. And it is ambiguous to brazilian speakers, specially because our gaming press is laughable, at best, when it comes to racing games. Nevermind proper use of the language.

Yeah, the text is so poor it feels as if the reporter just google-translated some press release from english or japanese into portuguese, without checking for errors. Since this is obviously not the case, my conclusion is that his portuguese is much worse than many of the americans/british/spanish guys over here...:lol:

Anyway, it feels as he liked the sounds and driveability.

That you would have more experience than me :) I just know that there are expressions in our languages (ptPT and ptBR) that can be tricky for a non native speaker to translate ;)

So, dirigibility is a word I didn't know existed. I can't believe I managed without it for so long!

The Portuguese comments seem unambiguous to me (non-Lusophone), taken in a vacuum with no prior "loading"; what's always in question, no matter the source language, is the experience / expertise and "bias" (it's only natural to like some things more than others) of the person writing the comments. It could well be the guy has no idea what "good sounds" are, for instance.

Looks like Bronze gets you through to the next challenge. Let's hope it's attainable for 99% of players or the rage will be of historic proportions:lol:

I don't get this kind of thought, i mean.... it's a challenge right? It has to be a bit tough or it would loose his meaning...
I am not saying it has to be super tough, just 'challenging' enough for me to spend at least a good couple of hours and not getting gold straight away cause it would be just a waste of time in that case.

People nowadays ( not you i know :scared:) tends to play videogames and expect to succes everytime, they need to experiment the frustration of not being good enough for something ( and man up and being succesfull by trying and trying and trying )

I am too old maybe. Or maybe i'll be the one not getting gold and raging ( that would be a proper ending :embarrassed: )

I don't get this kind of thought, i mean.... it's a challenge right? It has to be a bit tough or it would loose his meaning...
I am not saying it has to be super tough, just 'challenging' enough for me to spend at least a good couple of hours and not getting gold straight away cause it would be just a waste of time in that case.

People nowadays ( not you i know :scared:) tends to play videogames and expect to succes everytime, they need to experiment the frustration of not being good enough for something ( and man up and being succesfull by trying and trying and trying )

I am too old maybe. Or maybe i'll be the one not getting gold and raging ( that would be a proper ending :embarrassed: )
A lot of people will only do the time trials for the cars, and don't care about the challenge itself necessarily, so that's why they can usually be completed with at least a bronze quite easily

I always thought F1 tires looked like shiny plastic when brand new.

With all due respect to the journalist who wrote the Brasilgamer article, his writing is sometimes unclear and confusing to say the least, even for portuguese speakers.

Last edited:
I always thought F1 tires looked like shiny plastic when brand new.
Those are the display tires. The tires intended for use on the track in F1 aren't quite shiny. They shave them before they're used anyways, so you would never really see a new actual tire. Just one that hasn't been worn down. New ones have a tiny gleam to them, so they can pop it out of the mold or cast or whatnot. But, nothing like thenplasticy looking show tires. Those look ridiculous. I think they're extra hard, though, so they don't pick up dirt and dust everywhere they roll it for pics.

Last edited:
Shiny tires?

3ZnmrCuwm0c.jpg

5ObNQs_IaI4.jpg

The Vettel content was a series of one-make tournaments with three final ultra car time trials. This is three time trials, a real go-kart and two real formula cars, at least two track remodels, some of Senna's racing suits and a mini-movie. I'd say they're quite different packages. Besides, as I said earlier, what else could they have done?

How about a series of one-make races where you chase a bunch of sexy black and gold rabbits? At least something more than driving around on an empty track by yourself, after all this is The Real Rabbit Chasing Simulator.

How about a series of one-make races where you chase a bunch of sexy black and gold rabbits? At least something more than driving around on an empty track by yourself, after all this is The Real Rabbit Chasing Simulator.

Anything else would be unrealistic to be honest, and would probably be complained about far more.

"Race seven/eleven/fifteen other Sennas in Lotus 97Ts around Monza!" would be ridiculous.
"Race against one of the X cars!" would be ridiculous and impossible.

There really isn't a lot you can do with one F1 car except time trials.

Anything else would be unrealistic to be honest, and would probably be complained about far more.

"Race seven/eleven/fifteen other Sennas in Lotus 97Ts around Monza!" would be ridiculous.
"Race against one of the X cars!" would be ridiculous and impossible.

There really isn't a lot you can do with one F1 car except time trials.

Hmm... maybe...

I think a Senna (97T) vs Vettel (X2014 standard) challenge would be glorious. And hard!

Why would that be ridiculous? That's exactly what I would want/expect from this content. We obviously can't race it against any other F1 cars since this isn't a licensed F1 game, so that's the best option we have. Racing it purely against the clock is boring, lame, and quite frankly a disservice to the man being honored who many consider to the be best RACER of all time. Sure, he was a good qualifier but he's best known for his RACING, so to honor him one would think it would involve some RACING. But, this is Gran Turismo, and if you want anything that resembles racing you have to go online with your friends and DIY.

Why would that be ridiculous? That's exactly what I would want/expect from this content. We obviously can't race it against any other F1 cars since this isn't a licensed F1 game, so that's the best option we have. Racing it purely against the clock is boring, lame, and quite frankly a disservice to the man being honored who many consider to the be best RACER of all time. Sure, he was a good qualifier but he's best known for his RACING, so to honor him one would think it would involve some RACING. But, this is Gran Turismo, and if you want anything that resembles racing you have to go online with your friends and DIY.

Because Senna didn't race clones of himself, he produced incredibly quick lap times. I'd find racing against a dozen other 97T's, knowing that fewer than that exist in real life, pretty tacky/silly.

The F3 would be so perfect as base model for one make championships.... I wish so hard for it!
My theory on every single race car in the game...if the car cannot be made to be unique in paint color or number, it is useless for actual racing unless it is the ONLY one of its kind in the field. Aesthetically speaking, racing a field of 10 of these online will make for a very poor production. I'd love to have the ability to paint them, but I know that it will never, ever happen.

Because Senna didn't race clones of himself, he produced incredibly quick lap times. I'd find racing against a dozen other 97T's, knowing that fewer than that exist in real life, pretty tacky/silly.

Given the option between racing 15 clones or racing nothing at all, I will always choose to race clones (and I'm sure I'm not in the minority there). 👍

Back