Senna's content on brazilian car magazine

He actually stated that somethings in the car look not that great, and the example he gave was the light reflections on the tires, making it seem more plastic-ish than rubber.

When he talks about the cockpit view and sound, he actually compliments it saying they are apparently very good and deserve your attention. He then says that those who are familiar with the great (finely tuned is the idiomatic expression he used) job Codemasters did with their classic Lotus in F1 2013 should feel right at home.

Are you fluent in Portugeuse or just guessing like me?:lol: The english interpretation could go either way, but I think you'd have to be fluent in Portuguese to figure out the subtleties.
Basically, he said in the Brasil Gamer (our Eurogamer site) that the Lotus has some amateur flaws in the replay view, like the rubber of tires reflecting like plastic - with a weird color and poor texturing BUT in general, this flaws are overshadow by the realistic sound, well with the handling and the level of details inside the car itself

edit: wprpalmeida made a better translation above :)

He actually stated that somethings in the car look not that great, and the example he gave was the light reflections on the tires, making it seem more plastic-ish than rubber.

When he talks about the cockpit view and sound, he actually compliments it saying they are apparently very good and deserve your attention. He then says that those who are familiar with the great (finely tuned is the idiomatic expression he used) job Codemasters did with their classic Lotus in F1 2013 should feel right at home.
So... the car sounds good? Cool.

That was my interpretation as well...thanks.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question about the tires in that picture. I began to wonder shortly after posting if it was a translation thing or not but it's nice to know what it truly meant.

ehm they stated you can buy the cars so... if you can't get a bronze grind lol
If that's the case it's lame. Everyone should get this content free. I'm thinking it's a mistake in translation.

I know Galician, which is closer to portuguese, and I think the article says that the sound is realistic. But when it talks about F1 2013 confuse me...
I posted a comparison vid of F1 2013 in the first Senna thread (probably 50 or so pages ago by now :D), and the general consensus was that it wasn't a spot on V6 there, but it was still heaps better than anything PD realized so far. So depending on how big of an engine expert this journalist is, it seems like an improvement for sure. How much of an improvement is yet to be seen (heard) though.

Do you guys also get a "Rico Suave" tire?

a2882389451_10.jpg
download (6).jpg

:lol:

Are you fluent in Portugeuse or just guessing like me?:lol: The english interpretation could go either way, but I think you'd have to be fluent in Portuguese to figure out the subtleties.

Thing is, in Portuguese, you could also understand it either way.

But sounds like the interiors and sounds are okay, in the F1 2013 levels.

Here's my humble interpretation - I don't know Portuguese.

See - he first say what is wrong - pointing out flaws. But then uses "mas no geral" - ("but overall") for us what important is the "BUT" ("mas")

He wouldn't use "but" to continue listing the flaws.

"This flower stinks but it's ugly" - you don't write like that.

So I say he's praising those game elements in that sentence.

Sounds like he is, but you could understand it like he is pointing that those elements needs more attention.

If that's the case it's lame. Everyone should get this content free. I'm thinking it's a mistake in translation.
Not a mistake. They said the Lotus 97T is 3,000,000Cr in-game.

So you can either win the vehicles from the events, or buy them in-game.

Thing is, in Portuguese, you could also understand it either way.

But sounds like the interiors and sounds are okay, in the F1 2013 levels.

Sounds like he is, but you could understand it like he is pointing that those elements needs more attention.

Well then he would use others words than "merecem atenção" - if something needs fixing it doesn't "deserve attention"

It would be "need attention" - in Portoguese "necessita atenção"

"merecem" means "deserve". ( I can also see a similarity with Italian "merita" )

Again - just humble opinion.

The more little bits I hear about this, the more intrigued (and nervous) I get.

Well then he would use others words than "merecem atenção" - if something needs fixing it doesn't "deserve attention"

"merecem" means "deserve". ( I can also see a similarity with Italian "merita" )

I know, and you are not wrong, but as it is, the text is ambiguous.

"A informação visual do Lotus nos replays poderia ser melhor, com algumas falhas amadoras, ao ver que o brilhos nos pneus descobertos do carro dão a impressão de um visual plástico, sem o capricho gráfico na cor e textura da borracha. Mas no geral, a realidade audível do motor, bem como a dirigibilidade e posicionamento gráfico dentro do carro merecem atenção. Quem conhece o trabalho afinado nos modelos clássicos na extensão de Fórmula 1 2013 (Codemasters), terão uma identificação imediata."

As @wowbaggerBR pointed out it is ambiguous in portuguese. I can not certainly say if the intent of the author was to praise or criticize: the engine sound, the manoeuvrability and the cockpit view. I can understand it either way. Even the last sentence, where he talks about the Codemasters game doesn't give us a clue.

I wouldn't try to go with the interpretation of @TurismoBad, because the verb is tricky. I guess the best clue is the "Mas" translated to "but". These words are used to express some sort of opposite to what was stated. In this case the previous sentence contains some critics unfavourable opinions. So my guess is that when the author says "mas" is to present some sort of contrary to what he stated previously. So I guess the author is praising the sounds and such. But one never knows.

Edit:

Here's my humble interpretation - I don't know Portuguese.

See - he first say what is wrong - pointing out flaws. But then uses "mas no geral" - ("but overall") for us what important is the "BUT" ("mas")

He wouldn't use "but" to continue listing the flaws.

"This flower stinks but it's ugly" - you don't write like that.

So I say he's praising those game elements in that sentence.

Afterall @TurismoBad had already given this explanation.

Last edited:
"A informação visual do Lotus nos replays poderia ser melhor, com algumas falhas amadoras, ao ver que o brilhos nos pneus descobertos do carro dão a impressão de um visual plástico, sem o capricho gráfico na cor e textura da borracha. Mas no geral, a realidade audível do motor, bem como a dirigibilidade e posicionamento gráfico dentro do carro merecem atenção. Quem conhece o trabalho afinado nos modelos clássicos na extensão de Fórmula 1 2013 (Codemasters), terão uma identificação imediata."

As @wowbaggerBR pointed out it is ambiguous in portuguese. I can not certainly say if the intent of the author was to praise or criticize: the engine sound, the manoeuvrability and the cockpit view. I can understand it either way. Even the last sentence, where he talks about the Codemasters game doesn't give us a clue.

I wouldn't try to go with the interpretation of @TurismoBad, because the verb is tricky. I guess the best clue is the "Mas" translated to "but". These words are used to express some sort of opposite to what was stated. In this case the previous sentence contains some critics unfavourable opinions. So my guess is that when the author says "mas" is to present some sort of contrary to what he stated previously. So I guess the author is praising the sounds and such. But one never knows.

Edit:

Afterall @TurismoBad had already given this explanation.
This 👍
That "mas" ~"but", is the intriguing part of the whole text. If we remove the "mas" he would be criticising the sounds for sure.

Last edited:
I
As mentioned in the article, I had a good chat with SCEA and PD today, who confirmed the new content will be here within the next few days. Although the delay is unfortunate, it takes a lot of signatures and approvals to release something like this simultaneously in different countries around the world; it's a lot of work that most of us don't realize is happening behind the scenes. :eek:
im sorry but I believe they are lying to you as they did with the BMW release.
No company in his right mind would leave 'signatures and background stuff' for the last day. All the legal, dotted is and crossed ts would have been done long ago.
So that all smells and sound as a lame attempt to hide a bigger problem.

I know, and you are not wrong, but as it is, the text is ambiguous.
For someone who speaks Portuguese is not ambiguous. Making a literal translation usually doesn't work, and this one of those cases ;)

From my interpretation, although through the translation which may not be perfect, the engine sounds and graphics inside the car "need attention" aka they need to be better. PD failing to deliver on the engine note is hardly a surprise to anyone, and from what I saw of the close screenshots in the cockpit, at least Senna's helmet had low textures. Without seeing the screenshot again, I don't remember how everything else looked, but GT interiors tend to look a little plasticky and not too detailed when it comes to texture and feeling.

And based on that, the second sentence is saying the F1 2013 version sounds and looks much better aka those who have driven the car in the game will notice the bad engine sounds and interior graphics inside the Lotus in GT6.
That's wrong.
It means that the sound and handling was done well and who played the f1 2013 will notice the similarity between them.

I'm Portuguese.

Last edited:
Back