Serie s performance

• Thread starter les_expos
  • 7 comments
Canada
Canada
Hi everyone,

What would be the the performance of forza motorsport 8 on the xbox serie s ? Should I be worry that it would be very different from the serie x ?

Thank for your thought

Just my opinion but depends more on how good your TV is. If you have 4k@120hz, you probably should go with X. If 4k@60hz, Serie X isn't going to be a big difference versus S, picture wise that is. It's storage capacity/Disk and other additional options that make difference at that level. One small note I always found interesting is the Series S actually loads faster than the Series X.

I am on a Hisense U6G and a Series S btw. I have also had PS5 and Xbox One S on the the same TV. Afraid to upgrade TV cause then I will have to upgrade to Series X, which the package would cost me at least $1,500. I'd rather buy a large curved monitor and DD for that price.

I'd imagine series X will have a 120hz performance mode and a 60hz quality mode and the S will be locked to 60hz. But I don't think there will be lower than 60hz which has been the standard since FM2. There's no way MS/T10 would ship a FM game with poor performance on the series S console.

I'd imagine series X will have a 120hz performance mode and a 60hz quality mode and the S will be locked to 60hz. But I don't think there will be lower than 60hz which has been the standard since FM2. There's no way MS/T10 would ship a FM game with poor performance on the series S console.
Series S is 120hz capable but cannot run 4k @ 60fps. Best Series S can do is 1440p @ 60fps.

Hi,
I don’t even know what you are talking about about your 60hz 😂. My tv is a old hd.

So no stress for me but seeing dead space remake in 30 fps make me scare for the futur of this console.
Thank to your great respond.

Hi,
I don’t even know what you are talking about about your 60hz 😂. My tv is a old hd.

So no stress for me but seeing dead space remake in 30 fps make me scare for the futur of this console.
Thank to your great respond.
No Motorsports title has run lower than 60fps since Forza Motorsports 2. There is no reason to suspect that will change and, in fact, MS/T10 have already said it will run at 60fps on X-SS (with 1080p resolution).

Series S is 120hz capable but cannot run 4k @ 60fps. Best Series S can do is 1440p @ 60fps.

Series S can do up to 4K 120Hz output. Though rare, there are a few games that do run native 4K60FPS on the Series S.

Hades, Ori Will of the Wisps, and The Touryst for example do run Native 4K 60FPS on Series S.

A game like Forza Motorsport I suspect will be 1080-1440P with dynamic resolution scaling at 60FPS.

Hi everyone,

What would be the the performance of forza motorsport 8 on the xbox serie s ? Should I be worry that it would be very different from the serie x ?

Thank for your thought
Hi, the little series S performs great at FM8(and also on other racing games because of the strong cpu). No framerate issues. The series S performas even better than my pc version of fm8 while consume only 1/4 of the power.

Back