Shift 2: G27 Wheel Settings. ***PATCH v1.02*** Updated.

• Thread starter AWDwhite_2g
  • 260 comments
Once I get my steering wheel tuned, I'm coming after your scores:mischievous: (JEFF636)

and the G27 (like jeff said) is night and day. the DFGT is a great wheel, but I fell in love with the G27 and I haven't even got a chance to really use it.

Bring it.I'll be ready :)

Man i'm so glad that PSN is back.I've been missing the Autolog.

Dont feel bad because the DFGT is a pretty good wheel, not all that differente in terms of FFB and for the price its great...
The G27 will probably last longer, is a bit less noisy, has two motors, great materials and built and has a clutch, too bad that it doesnt have sequencial stick shifter like the G25 because I really like to pretend Im in a race car and they usualy have that...
But what really sets it apart from the DFGT is the great pedals... the DFGT pedals are quite dodgy... though I managed to mod mine pretty good.
I also have a DFGT and the G27 is on my buying list eventualy, but Im still trying to get a G25 because of the Shifter (6 speed+sequencial)

I really do enjoy my DFGT.Took me a bit to get used to it though.I played GT5P for many,many hours and crashed many,many times :lol:

The G25 sounds nice as well.I didn't know it had the sequential shifter.I too like to pretend i'm in a race car. 👍

You can mod the G27 shifter to make it sequential (search youtube) but you need the option to use it that way and S2U does not have that option.

What I do is change the clutch to auto and use the H shifter alone. Better than nothing...

Am I the only one who has the steering lock set to 270? I had a friend recommend that setting and have hardly tried anything else...

Dont feel bad because the DFGT is a pretty good wheel, not all that differente in terms of FFB and for the price its great...
The G27 will probably last longer, is a bit less noisy, has two motors, great materials and built and has a clutch, too bad that it doesnt have sequencial stick shifter like the G25 because I really like to pretend Im in a race car and they usualy have that...
But what really sets it apart from the DFGT is the great pedals... the DFGT pedals are quite dodgy... though I managed to mod mine pretty good.
I also have a DFGT and the G27 is on my buying list eventualy, but Im still trying to get a G25 because of the Shifter (6 speed+sequencial)

yea the pedals are great, it took me a few races to get used to the brake. I kept tapping it like I would with the DFGT and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't slowing down. then it hit me........the pedals take a lot more force. I'm 100% happy with the whole thing 👍 and one of my buddies is buying my DFGT
Bring it.I'll be ready :)

Man i'm so glad that PSN is back.I've been missing the Autolog.

I really do enjoy my DFGT.Took me a bit to get used to it though.I played GT5P for many,many hours and crashed many,many times :lol:

The G25 sounds nice as well.I didn't know it had the sequential shifter.I too like to pretend i'm in a race car. 👍

bring it, tuesday is my math final so I'll be done with school until July 5, so aside from work I have all the time in the world to knock you down a peg (literally) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One thing Ive been wondering how do you shift in a car like the Lexus IS (8 gears) in the G27?????

good question, but you would never never never get to that high of a gear in a race lol

One thing Ive been wondering how do you shift in a car like the Lexus IS (8 gears) in the G27?????

Paddle shifters on the back of the wheel for the last two, same for 7 speed cars. Bit of a pain but it works. Damn technology improvements!

I wonder if the T500RS shifter will be 7 or 8 speed (when it finally gets released)...

The simple modifications of G27 to have sequential shifter are mine ;)
Get a look:
G27 easy sequential shifter mod

G27 screws sequential shifter mod

You can use these mods in game where you can bind the controls like Shift and Dirt (no GT)

Once in awhile I try different steering lock settings and I keep going back to 540. Best so far.

In the tuning menu I'm usually between 18 and 27. But 20/23 is the most common setting for me.

i put it to 720 and steering lock for each car 30- 80 and it feels great.

I accepted the friend request from the "setting man" 2awd.., thanks for the setting.

@RomKnight check modern D times on autolog .. i'm giving you more gamaplay :)

However i have question: a friend with the g27 can't use the start button, so he can't pause the game. Any idea? Start and select are not in the button settin so he can't change it and they are not working in game.

Last edited:
On speed sensitivity: when running steering locks at lower than 900 degrees, you definitely want to increase this to something above 0. Increasing this means there is less sensitivity at high speeds, not more. If you are suffering from the weaving effect on the straights, it probably means you have set it too sensitive for the amount of steering lock you are using. So it might be a good idea to increase the setting (will decrease sensitivity at high speeds).

I am running at the default 360 degrees, and you definitely don't want to use 0 at that setting. :lol: Set it to something between 75-100 and watch the weaving disappear. 👍

Damn' I love this game. :D

The simple modifications of G27 to have sequential shifter are mine ;))

Those are the ones I've seen. Didn't know it was you at the time. Nice work 👍

But how do you do it in shift 2? Don't you need to emulate the G25 or something?

@RomKnight check modern D times on autolog .. i'm giving you more gamaplay :)
(...)
However i have question: a friend with the g27 can't use the start button, so he can't pause the game. Any idea? Start and select are not in the button settin so he can't change it and they are not working in game.

It is time to try that S3 then... One question, you used Nitro? Just to make sure we're on the same level.

He might have a broken unit then. The select/start buttons are the to middle red ones on the shifter unit. To pause the game you use the red left down button on the wheel.

KDW
The setting dont do **** until the input lag is fixed WHICH IT ISN'T the game is still unplayable.

Sorry to hear that. Its not an easy game but its far from *unplayable* now.

^ small nitro and i use almost all at the start, to pass all and avoid traffic during the lap. However i read that the best car to set times in modern D is the honda s2000.

the shiftner it's not broken, the buttons works in the menu or in other games, just in race they don't work.

But how do you do it in shift 2? Don't you need to emulate the G25 or something?
In the binding menù set the forth gear for "gear up" and the Third gear for "gear down".
the shiftner it's not broken, the buttons works in the menu or in other games, just in race they don't work.
During race the button to pause the game with G27 is the third red button from the top on the left side of the wheel.
The four red button on the gear shifter are from left to right:
reset car, traction control, stability control, ABS

Last edited:
I still have ****** force feedback. I mean it's there but it is not very strong. the one down fall of this game.

Last edited:
tribolik
But do you have to return the stick to the center position every time you shift or does it have some kind of center spring?

No. That's why he uses rubber bands; to emulate a center spring

See the 1st video he posted

I still have ****** force feedback. I mean it's there but it is not very strong. the one down fall of this game.

Have you noticed that also before a race that has a rolling start, the steering goes incredibly light, like there is absolutely no FFB. Quite annoying, especially when you have to be turning when the race starts.

Check this out its a bit more work but very easy and clean
Yes but if you want use again the gear in H configuration you have to disassemble, keep away the rubbers and reassemble.... and so again every time you want change from seuquential to h configuration and vice versa.

With my mods to change from one configuration to the other you spend just some seconds ;)

Yes but if you want use again the gear in H configuration you have to disassemble, keep away the rubbers and reassemble.... and so again every time you want change from seuquential to h configuration and vice versa.

With my mods to change from one configuration to the other you spend just some seconds ;)

That is very true but If I had the money I would buy two shifters one with the mod and the other stock :D

That is very true but If I had the money I would buy two shifters one with the mod and the other stock :D
You are right, but you need to do anothers mod otherwise every time that you need to change shifter you have to unlock the wheel, unplug the gear cable to plug the gear cable of the other shifter and lock again the wheel........ so I suggest to you to cut the cable to add a socket out of the wheel basement to change the shifter connection on the fly ;)

Have you noticed that also before a race that has a rolling start, the steering goes incredibly light, like there is absolutely no FFB. Quite annoying, especially when you have to be turning when the race starts.

Yea I can't stand that. The force feedback is really the only thing I don't like about this game.

Everything about this game I love, but the lack of force feedback makes me wanna throw something out the window lol

Some things I just don't get. Help me out!

1. There is a "dead-zone" on my G25 at idle. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is intentional to prevent the FFB motors "fighting" each other. However, the same zone seems to exist in game. Why? The lack of resistance in the middle of the wheel could well be contributing to.............

2. Weaving. I have tried many variations of the controller settings, most with the same (non) result. Also worked on some set-ups which also did not fix the issue. Seems to be particularly bad with the 911 GT3 RS. What is causing this weaving effect? Does anyone have a definative answer/cure?

I am using OP's settings with 720 lock (PS3).

Some things I just don't get. Help me out!

1. There is a "dead-zone" on my G25 at idle. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is intentional to prevent the FFB motors "fighting" each other. However, the same zone seems to exist in game. Why? The lack of resistance in the middle of the wheel could well be contributing to.............

2. Weaving. I have tried many variations of the controller settings, most with the same (non) result. Also worked on some set-ups which also did not fix the issue. Seems to be particularly bad with the 911 GT3 RS. What is causing this weaving effect? Does anyone have a definative answer/cure?

I am using OP's settings with 720 lock (PS3).

tuning with the cars suspension can make or break the car. The last car I did was the WORKS civic, and it was pretty bad. I made some adjustments and it got worse then I messed around with it a little more and it is a lot better (not perfect, but a lot better).

you just have to take your time are mess with the suspension, it makes a BIG difference..........if you do it right of course.

Back