Shift 2: G27 Wheel Settings. ***PATCH v1.02*** Updated.

• Thread starter AWDwhite_2g
  • 260 comments
Well we do know that this is the 1st of 2 patches.So maybe the 2nd one will fix these problems.

yes but this is incredible, they totally screwed up the dfgt.. even if i delete the patch there is nothing. Even if i reset the setting and play with them there is no fbb, 0% or 100% is the same. Just the first race of the game has ffb, then nothing.. it's crazy.

Also i restarted the game now and there is no more LE content. great..

Last edited:
Its not just the dfgt that this will happen to my g27 is:censored: now. Was working great last night today after first race garbage. I to reset to default.:banghead:

Guys,

Before I read the latest FFB news on this thread I went doing the reset. Everything was working but I had to FUP, obviously...

So, I ended with no FFB after the 1st race upon loading the game (pause/restart also "disables" FFB)

After cursing myself for stupidty, I had to solve the problem without a game install. Here's how I did it (I have a G27):

- boot the PS3 (with wheel already connected - maybe its important?)
- Uninstall the patch
- load the game
- ignore the patch warning
- reset/reconfigure/save your wheel settings
- exit the game without testing the setup
- load the game
- install patch
- DON'T reset the settings (just play)
- everything should be as it were
- go to settings and change a value (i.e., steer sensitivity from 100 to 99)
- exit the game
- load the game
- play a race just to make sure everything still as it should
- adjust steer sensitivity to 100 again (just to keep the example) and save

Although, If you guys think the patch solved the problem, you need to try GT1 races because FFB its awesome there. Let me explain.

I just unlocked GT1 and did 3 races in the 1st Single Events. I could not believe I was playing the same game when minutes earlier I just won the GT3 championship with half the FFB thinking its was WAY better than before patch

In GT1 Its like its always that 1st race after the patch no matter if I restarted, exit and come back. In GT1 Single Events I tried - Monza, Nurburgring GP and Road America - the FFB IS ALWAYS there.

I thought cool, lets go to time trial and do some hotlaps at Monza (WTC). What a disappointment. The Murcielago R SV GT1 has now HALF the FFB. Way better than none after the settings reset but still...

At least its playable and better than before the patch so one can enjoy the game but now I have the taste of what it can be...

My experience:
after changing everything i got back the ffb ( tried starting the game and pausing it 5 times and now there is FBB always for all cars.. even if i'm sure that i'm lucky enough to loose the ffb while studying and when i'll start up the game again the ffb won't be there anymore :) )

here what i've done and some conclusions:

- step 1 delete the patch--> this make me lose all the LE content i don't have any more the events and the 3 cars, don't know why but are gone. The strange thing is that if i choose the cars with triangle before the race the giulietta and other are still there while in the garage there is nothing.
- start the game
- if you try nothing has changed, the patch is no more there but the wheel is not working.. why? don't know
- reset the wheel settings with traingle and then put again your favorites and save, put it with 900^.
- exit the game
- restart the game and dowload the patch
- play and now ffb should be back.. why? don't know
- try to play a race, pause and restart.. if it's ok the ffb should be still there.. if not nothing is solved.. i tried 5 times and now i got it there all the 5 times. Before if you pause the game you lost the ffb.
- exit the game
-restart the game
- verify if evrything is still there.. however LE is gone.

An important thing that i verified, in my case, is that i had to put the degree to 900.. if i put something different the FFB vanish. Even after this process.

Now i'm asking you if do you have any idea to get back the LE content.

thanks

Last edited:
I'm risking losing the LE cars but what the hell. I'll try that later.

I think having the FFB as in the GT1 races all the time is worth the shot :D

I'm risking losing the LE cars but what the hell. I'll try that later.

I think having the FFB as in the GT1 races all the time is worth the shot :D

wait, i'll give another run this afteroon with more cars and post a comment to verify if it's still there.. however now it's there but it's simply out of logic what is happening. I don't want to be the cause of any problems to others :)

g27 first race after patch , beautiful ffb. second race ffb gone except rumble strips.
went back to initial track to see if it was the track, nope still very little ffb .
all with same car ???

g27 first race after patch , beautiful ffb. second race ffb gone except rumble strips.
went back to initial track to see if it was the track, nope still very little ffb .
all with same car ???

yes you 've the problem that i've described above, now you're ****, to get back to the ffb it's a lucky process and maybe you'll lost LE content ( i'm not lucky and i lost it). This patch is a big crap for logitech wheels.. it fixes my ass..

however i tried again the process above and i can confirm this:

- all cars i have, 12 cars, all have the ffb
- restarting or making a second race now won't erase ffb
- i have really strong ffb, stronger than before the patch but to get i've hd to put degree to 900, other than 900 won't work
- ffb is really strong, almost as strong as gt5'one at low speed ( when i'm stopped on track i almost can't turn the wheel).
- al medium speed is there , less strong than low speed but stronger than before the patch
- at high speed corners, like 1st on hockenheim i have ffb losses in the middle of the turn if i takee it really fast, almost to the edge.. like before tha patch.
- curbs and rumble have ffb
- sand trap are now like glue, get in them and turning the wheel is like try to turning you head 360.

The FFB is better than before, i solved the problem of ffb loss after the first race but the ffb losses during fast turns are still there.. however i won't change it anyway cause having again truble with a total loss of ffb like many are experimentig is terrible.

Price paid: lost LE content and a lot of time.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your posts guys. Think I'll still hold off on resetting anything till the issue is resolved. I've been able to play the game just fine up to this point without the patch, so I don't really wanna go messing things up.

Thanks paulpg87 , I will probably use your solution . I will just wait a bit incase
some other solutions come up. Still great game though.

No problems here. I wonder whats causing the issue?

Just curious....what are you all using for Steering lock Degree?

What handling mode are you using?

No problems here. I wonder whats causing the issue?

Just curious....what are you all using for Steering lock Degree?

What handling mode are you using?

i was using elite with abs and 720 degree and ffb was gone.. i was using all your setting and also change lock for each car.

after all the process i put the same but wiht 900 degree and ffb is back but only with 900.. if i put something different from 900 ffb vanishes... however LE was gone in the process. Just mad.

This is really odd.

I have spent hours playing the last few days. Drifting, racing, quick or career...restarting, tryed multiple cars with no changes. I've even changed my wheel settings multiple times with no ill effects to FFB.

How many of you that lost FFB have(had) the Legends DLC?

I haven't purchased the DLC...I wonder if it has anything to do with these problems?

This is really odd.

I have spent hours playing the last few days. Drifting, racing, quick or career...restarting, tryed multiple cars with no changes. I've even changed my wheel settings multiple times with no ill effects to FFB.

How many of you that lost FFB have(had) the Legends DLC?

I haven't purchased the DLC...I wonder if it has anything to do with these problems?

i don't have it cause psn is down.

I installed the patch, the wheel was the same as without patch, now way you can identify a change.. so i read here and reset.. after reset no more ffb after first race. I unistalled the patch and so lost LE content (and i don't get why), make that process and now i got back a different ffb from the original, surely stronger, but with ffb losses ( it goes and came back in a second during fast corners like ovals) in high speed turns. off course i don't have any of the new feature of the patch described in front page, just FFB stronger.

wheel DFGT.

Last edited:
Yeah Paul and I seem to be in the same boat. Was fine untill i reset. Havent tried anything else since last night. :nervous:

to get back to the ffb you might want to try the process i wrote in the previous page.. but i tell you, deleting the patch make me lose LE content but at least i got back the FBB stronger than before but with the same problems.

Just a thought, but perhaps the LE will reappear when PSN and autolog is back.

I have a DFGT and the FFB does seem to have changed - more subtle and varies depending on FWD/RWD/AWD and car set-up it seems to me. It does though seem less strong than it was and harder to gauge when the car is at its limit - but maybe its just a case of readjusting my sensitivity!

Well lost all settings on my DFGT wheel after the patch, done what was suggested by Romknight which i would like to thank, worked like a charm, and my LE cars are still there??

Well lost all settings on my DFGT wheel after the patch, done what was suggested by Romknight which i would like to thank, worked like a charm, and my LE cars are still there??

good for you. I solved also my issue with the ffb and is working well wiht 900 degree.

However my madness post patch is keep going.. you know that i lost all LE content.. well i bought an alfa 8c and in my garage appear a giuletta .. so i bought a nissan and a silvia s15 appear and so for the lambo. I got back the cars buying other cars..(if i sell the 8c i sell also the giulietta) and i got back them upgraded and with liveries they had when i lost them. But the events in the career are gone. Just hoping in psn to get fast online and verify if i can dowload them again.

good for you. I solved also my issue with the ffb and is working well wiht 900 degree.

However my madness post patch is keep going.. you know that i lost all LE content.. well i bought an alfa 8c and in my garage appear a giuletta .. so i bought a nissan and a silvia s15 appear and so for the lambo. I got back the cars buying other cars..(if i sell the 8c i sell also the giulietta) and i got back them upgraded and with liveries they had when i lost them. But the events in the career are gone. Just hoping in psn to get fast online and verify if i can dowload them again.

Damn that is bad luck, i should imagine you will be able to DL them again form the PSN.

I did what romknight said fixed ffb, but no le content. Sucks but that should get fixed. What i did notice though was when i deleted first patch it was 34 mb now it is 36 mb. What is the patch size supposed to be? Huury up PSN.

I installed the patch and either I got use to the pre patch feel of S2U or the patch actually fells pretty good at just defaults. I am not willing to lose my LE content though. So I will not be uninstalling anything. The LE was the main reason for pre-ordering for me. I don't have many complaints about Shift 2 like some. A strong and always present FFB is all I needed along with a little bit more stick when hitting corners with speed. I am still having tons more fun than GT5 hands down.

Damn that is bad luck, i should imagine you will be able to DL them again form the PSN.

yes bad luck and crazyness because i don't get the logic of this operations, i'm getting and loosing stuffs everytime i start the game..:ouch:

About the steering lock I use 540 and no ffb loss. I'd say between me and paulpg87 methods one might work for you.

Bear in mind one might lose the LE tracks doing whatever method you use. The workaround to have the LE cars back is buying another car form Alfa Romeo, Nissan and Lamborghini.

ALSO, if you buy at least one or all of the cars PRIOR executing one of the aforementioned methods might solve the LE content loss for both cars AND tracks because I have not lost anything.

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I installed the patch and didnt notice any difference then I reset to default (wich turn out to be pretty much the setting I was using) and voila, FFB is much improved (fixed) and works like a charm, its a diferent game (better). But I dont have the LE edition.

I like the new ffb ( after patch ) so much , I didn't want to lose it. So I decided to put my
career on hold till 2nd patch . Im able to get 1 good race with great ffb so I just do quick
race and make it long - 20 laps spa ect...- after which I need a break anyways . This way
no lost content ect... Its not really a fix but I thought I would throw it out there for any
more victims of this crazy crap. Hopefully 2nd patch will fix this.

Last edited:
After the patch i did notice a small difference in the feel of the ffb then i reset the advanced settings as posted on this site and now ffb is much weeker while driving but i have noticed that the ffb when touching a ripple strip is greatly increased so to me it seems the ffb strength is higher than before but only when you touch the ripple strips the rest of the time it is far to weak ,i think the base amount of ffb needs to be increased a bit to improve the overall feel through the wheel, the loss of ffb seem to have been fixed but that seems to be because it isn't there to loose i the first place (ffb can't drop out if it isn't there to start with).

Back