Shift 2: G27 Wheel Settings. ***PATCH v1.02*** Updated.

• Thread starter AWDwhite_2g
  • 260 comments
I noticed something that made me very curious. When I drive a car (test it) through the tuning menu, the force feedback I get through the wheel is extremely strong and feels great. But as soon as I change a setting in the tuning menu, the FFB seems to go back to the same old weak feeling that it has in career mode.

Has anyone else experienced this or know why that is the case? Obviously the programming is there for some great ffb, but it's too bad that I can't use it in races.

I noticed something that made me very curious. When I drive a car (test it) through the tuning menu, the force feedback I get through the wheel is extremely strong and feels great. But as soon as I change a setting in the tuning menu, the FFB seems to go back to the same old weak feeling that it has in career mode.

Has anyone else experienced this or know why that is the case? Obviously the programming is there for some great ffb, but it's too bad that I can't use it in races.

You should post this in the bugs report to see if they do something about it...

Is it odd that since I have discovered these wheel setting I tried them in Shift and it made THAT game drive better to the point that I put Shift 2 away and rediscovered the first one. Its easier to drift in the first. BTW, got both shift games the day it came out. Shift is now my 2009 racing game of the year(Sorry other one that came out that year).

Long story short Shift is a better handling game(with above settings) aside from that silly bounce effect.

okay so I have the same settings as the OP
my question is if the event gives you a car, how do you tune that individual steering lock to 100%?

I have been following this conversation for some time now and have tried a number of suggestions on this thread to increase/improve the force feedback on my G27. To be honest, I have seen sweet fa difference since that first drive on S2 so many weeks ago. I love the game and have not ejected it from the Fat since release day. The lack of ffb is the only gripe I have regarding this game.

I don't know if many of you have had a go at the Ferrari Challange, Grid or F1 2010. All of the above have what I would call Force Feedback! I recall having to actually turn down the ffb on Grid down to 80% or risk broken wrists.

It would seem that we are all playing the same game, yet the actuall experiance seems to be different for each individual. I don't know how this is possible but it appears to be the case. I just hope that someone from the studio is looking at this posts and comes up with a universal solution to the somewhat lacking ffb in S2. This would be the cherry on top of this fantastic game.

okay so I have the same settings as the OP
my question is if the event gives you a car, how do you tune that individual steering lock to 100%?

If it's one of the events that gives you a loaner car then you won't be able to change any steering lock on the car.You have to use it's default steering lock.

Check out inside sim racing video.

Can't post a link sorry. They give some tips for G27 users you might find useful.

v1.02 patch Update on original post.

I think its safe to say they fixed the problem.

FFB feels great. Lag seems to have been significantly reduced if not eliminated. Cars control is much more responsive and predictable.

What do you guys think?

it's not up in italy, i hope they fixed the ffb. However i think i'll need to reset the settings of the wheel to get it work properly because i messed up with the 1.01 to get back to the old feeling pre patch1.01, because with the 1.01 i had no ffb after the first race, so i followed romknight process and get back to the old fbb.

If they fixed all .. well i can sell gt5...a nd legend dlc will be the top of the cake.

No more lag and ffb is great. I reset the wheel settings after installing the new patch. imo s2u is now the best racing game for consoles.

No more lag and ffb is great. I reset the wheel settings after installing the new patch. imo s2u is now the best racing game for consoles.

I wish could feel the same but I'm enjoying my new found life in Shift 1. Using these very same setting has turned S1 into a beast. AS soon As hit lvl 50 and win the NFSW championship, get those golds and I will pop Shift 2 back in. Hopefully I can do this before PSN is back online so i can get the Legends pack.

G27 user on PS3...

Has someone seen WTH this patch changes, somewhere? C'mon, its good to have patches that fix things but I like to know WHAT?

I feel like when someone answers a "Why" with "because".

Someone posted the crash dynamics and AI "aggressiveness" was fixed, FFB and lag has gone, no one reported a crash with fast cars on the Ring or creating liveries. But this is what we "see".

Maybe something more was changed "under the hood"... I also happen to like lists... :D

PS: I'm talking about PS3 here

Has someone seen WTH this patch changes, somewhere? C'mon, its good to have patches that fix things but I like to know WHAT?

I feel like when someone answers a "Why" with "because".

Someone posted the crash dynamics and AI "aggressiveness" was fixed, FFB and lag has gone, no one reported a crash with fast cars on the Ring or creating liveries. But this is what we "see".

Maybe something more was changed "under the hood"... I also happen to like lists... :D

PS: I'm talking about PS3 here

All the sensativity seems different. (This could be a result of the lag elimination)

Wheel, Clutch and brake sensativity is extremely responsive. I turned steering sensativity down to 50%.

The lightest touch of the clutch pedal will engage/disengage. I have it at 100% I'm thingking of turning it down to 80%. Before the patch 100% sensativity still required half the pedal to be depressed for engagement/disengagment.

Also...on the AI subject...
AI is much more cautious of my moves, If I break hard or run wide...they tend to stay away. (Pre patch 1 and 2 they would just ram or push you off the track.)
If i give them a tap...were good.
If i give a hard bump...**** gets sketchy, but recoverable.
If I ram them we all go humpy dumpty.

This is a huge improvement over...a slight tap and death rolls.(pre patch 1 and 2)

No tuning menu glitches.
Game has yet to freeze.

Has anyone got a map of what all the buttons do on the G27? I cant find it in the options anywhere and also if anyone could explain how to program buttons on the shifter/wheel, if its even possible?

Has anyone got a map of what all the buttons do on the G27? I cant find it in the options anywhere and also if anyone could explain how to program buttons on the shifter/wheel, if its even possible?

In the options menu go to the right most sub menu and you should see the wheel with every explanation possible. But you must have your wheel connected to see it.

On the PS3 at least.

In the options menu go to the right most sub menu and you should see the wheel with every explanation possible. But you must have your wheel connected to see it.

On the PS3 at least.

Thanks. I am using a G27 on a PS3 btw.

I am having problems still, however. It seems that no matter what I do I just cant turn in in medium speed corners. It doesnt feel like understeer because the steering doesnt lighten and the tires dont squeal. The car just takes off straight ahead.

I have tried all sorts of crazy things to fix it. I started with my wheel on 900 and left the steering lock as it was on my car which did have a tune and handled really well on a controller. Then I kept my wheel at 900 but changed the steering lock to the max, around 45 I think. This made it better on some corners but it was still far from what I desired. I then changed my wheel down to 720, then 540 and finally to 360, But still I cant get the car to behave the way I want.

It seems like I have to turn the wheel so much to get the car to turn even a little bit. In real life race car drivers rarely turn the wheel more than 90 degrees and almost never more than 180, what settings do I need to do to replicate these sorts of inputs?

Just as an aside, the first time I played this game with a wheel i thought it was great, this was just after 1.01 patch, and I played a couple of races and didnt have the FFB issues that many others were reporting at that time. Then I played again and the game was horrible. Both times I was using the settings posted here. Then after 1.02 the game is bad again. I dont think it is down to lag as when I use the incar view, the movements I make correspond well to the movements on the screen, the car just doesnt turn.

If anyone can help me out on this it would be much appreciated, as I am getting very close to golding the Vettel challenges on GT, and thusly, things to do.

I got my G27 thursday and I started playing shift 2 again (did some changes to the wheel), should I select it back to default?

@Holidog Have you tried to increase steering lock in the car tuning menu?

I customized my G27. I don't like the defaults.

I have, I increased it to 45 (the max on the car i was using) when the wheel was on 900* and kept it like that for the remainder of my testing. Ill try it again later on tonight and see if I can improve on it.

After PS3 Firmware update of course 👍

Hey guys, new member here from the Netherlands.
So excuse me if my writing is a bit strange,just like to share my settings with all of you.

I"m on a ps3 and a g25 wheel and i've been doing a lot of racing with the porsches, like them a lot.
And my fav. circuit is Dubai gp,spend a lot of time on that track.
So here are my settings and let me if you like them or not...

Handling mode: Elite

0?? didn't try drifting yet

Gave the settings in this thread a go with my G25/PS3, very nice. 👍 In the end I found the original steering locks to be best for me though, so I put those back.

Gave the settings in this thread a go with my G25/PS3, very nice. 👍 In the end I found the original steering locks to be best for me though, so I put those back.

yea, 900 is just way too much. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to get used to it, but I'm happy with 500

Just got my G27 on Friday and made some changes from what I was using with the DFGT. I dropped the steering sensitivity down to 75%, and changed the steering lock to 540. After doing some testing with the steering sensitivity, I realized how twitchy the car was at 100%, especially when counter steering. 50% seemed to slow, but at 75% it's just about perfect for me.

Adjusting the steering lock on each individual car is key. It seems like no 2 cars in my garage share the same individual steering lock to fit my driving style.

If anyone is considering the upgrade to a G27 from a DFGT, do it. It's a night and day difference, and having the h-gate shifter and clutch just adds to the immersion.

Just got my G27 on Friday and made some changes from what I was using with the DFGT. I dropped the steering sensitivity down to 75%, and changed the steering lock to 540. After doing some testing with the steering sensitivity, I realized how twitchy the car was at 100%, especially when counter steering. 50% seemed to slow, but at 75% it's just about perfect for me.

Adjusting the steering lock on each individual car is key. It seems like no 2 cars in my garage share the same individual steering lock to fit my driving style.

If anyone is considering the upgrade to a G27 from a DFGT, do it. It's a night and day difference, and having the h-gate shifter and clutch just adds to the immersion.

I wish i had the money to get a G27 as they do sound nice.Looks as though i'm stuck with my DFGT for a while.

I wish i had the money to get a G27 as they do sound nice.Looks as though i'm stuck with my DFGT for a while.

Once I get my steering wheel tuned, I'm coming after your scores:mischievous: (JEFF636)

and the G27 (like jeff said) is night and day. the DFGT is a great wheel, but I fell in love with the G27 and I haven't even got a chance to really use it.

Dont feel bad because the DFGT is a pretty good wheel, not all that differente in terms of FFB and for the price its great...
The G27 will probably last longer, is a bit less noisy, has two motors, great materials and built and has a clutch, too bad that it doesnt have sequencial stick shifter like the G25 because I really like to pretend Im in a race car and they usualy have that...
But what really sets it apart from the DFGT is the great pedals... the DFGT pedals are quite dodgy... though I managed to mod mine pretty good.
I also have a DFGT and the G27 is on my buying list eventualy, but Im still trying to get a G25 because of the Shifter (6 speed+sequencial)

Back