SHIFT 2: Unleashed - Official Car & Track Lists (FINAL+DLC)

• Thread starter paytonlow
  • 539 comments
Hmm....the birds eye shot of Hockenheim shows part of the new infield section created when they changed the track after demolishing the old run through the forest. Why are they showing this if they're bringing us the 1981 version (which by the way I whole heartedly approve of)?

I think so they can have the newer layouts too.

Whoever is updating their site has no idea about F1!
The description of Silverstone is hilarious:

Calling itself the ‘Home of British Motor Racing,’ Silverstone Circuit is one of the busiest tracks in the UK and has been the exclusive host of the Formula One British Grand Prix since 1987, with Donington Park set to take over for 2010.

Silverstone is five kilometers in length and twisty, with 17 total turns. The current lap record is still held by retired F-1 driver Michael Schumacher, who ran a lap of the track in one minute, 18 seconds back in 2004.

• The plans for a Donighton Grand Prix failed!
  • Michael Schumacher is back! He is no longer retired!!

:lol:

Anyway... great track selection! 👍
But get someone who cares about motorsport to update the site!!
They make so many mistakes, I am not sure which Hockenheim we will get!
The tilkedrome or the original circuit? The photos suggest the Tilkedrome, I hope not...

Last edited:
The true Hockenheim. They are going all out on classic layouts. Wonder if Spa will have the old bus stop.

To me it seems to be the 2002 version of hockenheim that is in the game.

«...»Overview of Track
Re-designed for the 2002 German Grand Prix – which was won by Michael Schumacher – Hockenheimring was shortened considerably, from 4.2-miles to a mere 2.8-mile track. This configuration appears in SHIFT 2 Unleashed and features a much tighter Turn 1 – known as the Nordkurve – and the formerly long forest straights section replaced with more tight curves, which was highly controversial, but you’ll love bombing around this track in any car – Bavarian or not «...»

Maybe Im not reading it properly :nervous:

So wich one is it????

To me it seems to be the 2002 version of hockenheim that is in the game.

«...»Overview of Track
Re-designed for the 2002 German Grand Prix – which was won by Michael Schumacher – Hockenheimring was shortened considerably, from 4.2-miles to a mere 2.8-mile track. This configuration appears in SHIFT 2 Unleashed and features a much tighter Turn 1 – known as the Nordkurve – and the formerly long forest straights section replaced with more tight curves, which was highly controversial, but you’ll love bombing around this track in any car – Bavarian or not «...»

Maybe Im not reading it properly :nervous:

So wich one is it????

They changed it, at first it was the description for the original track with a sentence about DLC, they than edited the DLC part out and a short while later replaced it with the current description.

So that means that we will get the new track? I hope so because I really like the new track (I never raced the old layout to be honest)

The write-ups for Hockenheim and Silverstone (whether deliberate or not) are both horribly confusing as to which layout is on the game.

As for the DLC-or not thing for Hockenheim, I would not be surprised to have one variation in the game (eg modern) and one as DLC (blast through the forest)

Silverstone is the pre-2010 version as it only has 17 turns(The new Arena layout has 18).

220px-Circuit_Silverstone.svg.png

Hockenheim is the current version and it appears the old version will be DLC at some point.

Current:
250px-Circuit_Hokenheimring.svg.png

Pre-2001(Possible DLC):
220px-Hockenheimring_prior_to_2002.svg.png

Hope that clears it up.👍

Update:

Track list - Hockenheim, Irwindale Speedway, Riviera & Silverstone

PS: I see EA having trouble to use the name "Circuit de Monaco" or anything related to "Monte Carlo" for the F1 track layout.

Last edited:
Update:

Track list - Hockenheim, Irwindale Speedway, Riviera & Silverstone

PS: I see EA having trouble to use the name "Circuit de Monaco" or anything related to "Monte Carlo" for the F1 track layout.

Meh. Same thing as GT does with "Cote d'Azure" or whatever they call it. It's public roads so they can use the layouts, they just can't use the name without forking over the cash.

what are peoples opinions about getting this when already owning gt5. i tend to buy racing games cause i like getting new ones but only play a little bit of them. ie. nfs hot pursuit, grid. shift 1 was fun. but not sure if i should get this or not. though i do like the racing modding.

I own GT5 (and the other GTs) but I'm really looking forward to playing Shift Unleashed and Dirt 3. Why? Because GT5 offers few circuits (and in particular no such classics as Spa or Bathurst) while all the great tracks from GT4 had been announced. Because the AI in Shift is aggressive and it's a real challenge to win a race. Because all cars in Shift and Dirt have cockpit view. Because, despite Sébastien Loeb's endorsement, rally is neglected in GT5 and the famous Group B cars are all standard. Because Shift 1 and Dirt 1 & 2 are fun games while GT5 is the first in the Gran Turismo series I sometimes get bored with. And I could go on forever: GT5 is a great game but it's not the only great racing game around now. The competition is tough. GT titles used to set the trend but despite being graphically superb, the fifth installment doesn't compare in terms of prestige and utter pleasure. There's too much of everything in it: it's lost focus. Just my two cents though...

Oh Dirt 3 im definately getting. snow tracks, gymkhana woot. I bought dirt 2 on steam for $10 and was a great purchase. I love offroad racing, and while it is good in GT5, dirt 2 just has a lot more variety.

New cars on the official site:

Aston Martin:
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
- Aston Martin Racing DBR9 GT1
- Aston Martin Racing DBRS9 GT3
- ASTON MARTIN V8 VANTAGE N400

Subaru:
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Radical:
- Radical SR3 RS

Renault:
- Renault Mégane RS

Scion:
- SCION tC

SEAT:
- SEAT Leon CUPRA

Shelby:
- 1967 SHELBY GT500
- Need For Speed SHELBY Terlingua Ford Mustang
- SHELBY COBRA 427
- Ford Shelby GT500

The cobra included in the announced shelby cars is a welcomed surprise.

Last edited:
Awesome, brilliant car list so far and it just gets better and better :)

I wonder what helmet cam will be like in the old Cobra/older cars, will it just be the player in racing suit with full helmet or will it represent the old style gear?

Awesome, brilliant car list so far and it just gets better and better :)

I wonder what helmet cam will be like in the old Cobra/older cars, will it just be the player in racing suit with full helmet or will it represent the old style gear?

What, like a balaclava and aviator goggles?

Actually, I started off being sarcastic but that would be pretty cool now that I think about it...

:scared::crazy::drool:
35 locations - almost 100 diferent race track layouts
GT1 and GT3 cars
The RADICAL SR3 RS
and I sure Ive seen an open wheel race car in a video
almost the same amont of premium cars GT5 has and all fully works convertible (and new (race) cars (with diferent liverys) not old dated machines)
Livery editor
Telemetry

Damn Im starting to feel that even if the physics are the same from Shift 1 Im still getting this game.:dopey:

Agreed! As far as the choice of cars and tracks is concerned, it's already a great achievement per se. I hope that's not it for good surprises with this game! :)

New cars on the official site:

Aston Martin:
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
- Aston Martin Racing DBR9 GT1
- Aston Martin Racing DBRS9 GT3
- ASTON MARTIN V8 VANTAGE N400

Subaru:
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Radical:
- Radical SR3 RS

Renault:
- Renault Mégane RS

Scion:
- SCION tC

SEAT:
- SEAT Leon CUPRA

Shelby:
- 1967 SHELBY GT500
- Need For Speed SHELBY Terlingua Ford Mustang
- SHELBY COBRA 427
- Ford Shelby GT500

The cobra included in the announced shelby cars is a welcomed surprise.

Updated
:)

Finallt! Another game to include a sixties racing corvette! Well, a C2 anyway... but, yet again, another racer to ignore, totally, the r33 skyline... why does it only show in gt?

Finallt! Another game to include a sixties racing corvette! Well, a C2 anyway... but, yet again, another racer to ignore, totally, the r33 skyline... why does it only show in gt?

I think it runs into the problem of lacking a reason FOR it's inclusion, instead of reasons to exclude it. The R32 was the big comeback for the GTR name for Nissan, so gets in for the fame factor. The R34 is the most technologically advanced of the three, so gets in for being the quickest (I'm ignoring the R35 here, as it's sort of not in the same boat as the R32/33/34). The R33 is just sort of just an inbetweener, it doesn't have anything to commend it's inclusion other than completeness.

I'm guessing that's what they're thinking anyway. I'd like it included too, but if you were going to skip any of them, I'd say skip the R33.

Because not everyone wants another game full of Skylines. I'd prefer variety if I'm honest than every form of Skyline available.

To be honest thats a skyline I really dont like. That one and the R32 on the other hand I love the R34

Back