SHIFT 2: Unleashed - Official Car & Track Lists (FINAL+DLC)

• Thread starter paytonlow
  • 539 comments
Care to address this to those that STARTED the flame war...? No, probably too much bother to read the whole thread, eh? đź‘Ž

Care to address this to those that STARTED the flame war...? No, probably too much bother to read the whole thread, eh? đź‘Ž

First part addressed that, 2nd part was for you.

Probably too much bother to read the whole post, eh?:rolleyes:

Now, can we please get back to actually discussing the car/track list!!!

@ Justin, Yes, this is not strictly related to the OP but it's an important issue and we all should care about that. I mean what's the reason you are here? Why you are here at gtplanet? Flamming against who want clean racing? No I don't think this is your target, it was just a misunderstanding. We all should be looking for sim related threads, clean racing and discuss if something doesn't work, bad lobby regulations and things like that... this should be the sense of this forum, of this comunity. Ok so, now back on topic everytime you want but I hope all of you will keep in mind this because it is IMPORTANT đź‘Ť

If it's an important issue to you create a thread regarding it or search and posting in one of the hundreds of existing ones. No need to discuss it in a thread devoted to a car and track list đź‘Ť.

Track cutting DOES relate to the track list.

Shift 1's track list was marred by it. Just hoping that Shift 2's isn't. I grew up a few miles from the Silverstone track. It grinds my gears that SMS's laziness turned it into a demolition derby.

The fiasco with GT5's GT Academy might have raised consciousness a bit for this issue. And, after all, what's the POINT in rejoicing that a particular favorite track of yours might have got selected to be in Shift, if they don't police corner cutting? Because, in the end, it WON'T be your favorite track any more! :ill:

You can't cut down track cutting without adding invisible walls and that makes for an annoying experience. Honestly course cutting happens in all racing, whether intentional or otherwise. I'd rather be left with an "open" environment then a closed one.

Joey D
You can't cut down track cutting without adding invisible walls and that makes for an annoying experience. Honestly course cutting happens in all racing, whether intentional or otherwise. I'd rather be left with an "open" environment then a closed one.

I can go with that.
Just add time onto each cut, maybe 10 seconds or so.

In online competitions or leaderboard ranked events, sure add penalties, but in single player let me do what I want. I cut corners all the time in racing games because sometimes it's just easier.

In online competitions or leaderboard ranked events, sure add penalties, but in single player let me do what I want. I cut corners all the time in racing games because sometimes it's just easier.

GT is the game for you my friend.
If you want an easy time in single player, plenty of exploits.

I myself prefer a challenge but I can see where people like yourself comefrom.
It's your money that paid for the game and if you want to win then you have every right to expect the game to allow you easy ways to do that.

If your inclined to like trophies, which seem to be all the rage this gen. Then getting them easier might be good too.

GT is the game for you my friend.
If you want an easy time in single player, plenty of exploits.

I myself prefer a challenge but I can see where people like yourself comefrom.
It's your money that paid for the game and if you want to win then you have every right to expect the game to allow you easy ways to do that.

If your inclined to like trophies, which seem to be all the rage this gen. Then getting them easier might be good too.

You can have a challenge in any game, just don't use exploits, cheats, whatever. Like I said if it's an online element then by all means penalise those who exploit things since you need a level playing field.

And I think the best thing for any game to have is scalable difficulties, that way all players can be happy.

Oh and I play PC games mostly, no trophies or anything there and if there are I don't pay attention. Same goes for the PS3 and Xbox.

Stop cutting and another exploit will be found. As Joey says, we should be able to drive the tracks as we wish.

I will buy this game if they have Holdens and Fords.

They have Bathurst, which is clearly there to attract the Australians who didn't get GT5 because it didn't have Bathurst. But they don't include Holdens or Fords. It seems pointless.

Stop cutting and another exploit will be found. As Joey says, we should be able to drive the tracks as we wish.
Ok I understand you could play is you wish because you paid for but this is a problem with developers, they can't claim to have a "Simulator" if people are allowed to cut the whole track without any penalizations... the simulation become just an arcade mess and the original purpose of the game miserably fail. The only way to achieve a good online racing experience is to find some trusty people to race with in private lobbies, but as you can understand the game as is, fail to respect the dvd cover

I don't know if they will really do much with regulating online behaviour they haven't already done, from memory marcus nilsson said they are pretty much throwing a lot of what would normally be MP restrictions into Autolog, so people who are dorks online just drop out of more people's friends lists and die sad and lonely. Which isn't so distinct from pretty much the best anti-wrecking system around, iRacing's safety rating, though it doesn't seem like it will be as nannying as that.

Quite an impressive track list! I think I will be buying the game on that alone.

I will buy this game if they have Holdens and Fords.

They have Bathurst, which is clearly there to attract the Australians who didn't get GT5 because it didn't have Bathurst. But they don't include Holdens or Fords. It seems pointless.

Well, Ford is definitely in the game, but I realise youare waiting on Falcons/V8 supercars to be revealed. As for Holden, there is a cosy gap in between Ford and Honda on the manufacturer list for it. The only non-tuner manufacturers in GT5 that fill that hole are Gillet and Hommel. We can only hope.

You're correct, it has nothing to do with the F1 track "Yas Marina".

Dubai Autodrome holds FiA GT Championship, GP2 (formally "Formula 3000") Asia and A1GP. It has 4 racing layouts and 2 handling layouts.

Dubai Autodrome - Wikipedia

Er.

The Dubai Autodrome doesn't host the FIA GT at all, GT1 ran at Yas Marina last year and will be running Yas Marina this year too and GT3 didn't go to Dubai at all. Also GP2 went to Yas Marina a few weeks ago.

Also, the track list is looking really good, and the car list is shaping up quite nicely too. Hopefully they'll show some gameplay footage soon.

Actually, some GT3 cars, like NFS' main Z4 car which won there, ran the 24 Hours this past January.

So yeah, no normal schedule, but some events, mostly the 24 Hours.

Shift 2 gets the new Pagani hurya. I know I haven't spelled it right but it goes over 230mph so who cares. Lol.

Shift 2 gets the new Pagani hurya. I know I haven't spelled it right but it goes over 230mph so who cares. Lol.

paganihuayra15.jpg

Pagani Huayra will also feature active assymetric aero parts as you can see in the photo. I remember reading (I think it was Need for Speed's Twitter) that Shift 2 will have movable aerodynamics in cars like the Veyron. I am sure Huayra will be a great ride in Shift 2! :)

UPDATE: Here, I found the link where movable spoilers are confirmed! :D

Last edited:
For those of you that think that exploiting glitches in the game IS racing, I have no problem with that... All I ask for is SUFFICIENT penalty so that NO advantage can be gained by any track cut (or rail ride, etc.) AS AN OPTION... So that you and I never meet on the track, Joey!

I will be racing with lobbies set to maximum damage, maximum penalties, maximum consequences, and you will be racing with the ten-year-olds, and thinking you are a great driver!

And we will BOTH be happy :sly:

Update:

Pagani Huayra added to the car list.

PS: The car was officially debuted on Jan. 25th, 2011. SMS is surely fast to get it into the game.

Back