SHIFT 2: Unleashed - Official Car & Track Lists (FINAL+DLC)

• Thread starter paytonlow
  • 539 comments
Pagani Huayra - Overview - EA

Named after the Andean God of the Wind, the Pagani Huayra has Zonda-sized shoes to fill, but its 6-liter, twin-turbo V12 sourced from AMG answers that call with a mighty wallop, and in 2011, the only place you’ll be able to drive one is in SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED.

That V12 pumps out more than 700 horsepower and burns from 0-60 in a mere 3.5 seconds, and its carbon-titanium monocoque chassis, which makes heavy use of composite materials to reduce weight, will make you feel like you’re hanging out with Huayra-tata himself when you stomp the accelerator.

Huayra is unique from many modern supercars because it eschews the popular dual-clutch gearbox setup, opting for the lighter seven-speed sequential manual stick mated to a dual-disc clutch, which Pagani says saves the car more than 150 pounds.

Huayra uses elements not seen in its predecessor, including active aerodynamics, which allow it to automatically change the height of its front end from the ground, as well as independently using four flaps placed at the front and rear of the car. The side air intakes behind the front wheels also generate enough negative pressure to give the car significant downforce.

The only way to truly find out how Huayra compares to Zonda is to take both for a spin, but unless you’ve got around $4 million burning a hole in your pocket to procure those cars, your best bet is in the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED racing game, which hits shelves on March 29 in North America, and April 1 in Europe.

It seems EA have made some deals with Pagani, Huayra is exclusive to SHIFT 2.

Some more pictures of the Huayra for those who are interested;

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Hopefully you guys won't mind another post on the Pagani Huayra, but for those interested we've released five new Desktops of the Huayra in SHIFT2 Unleashed.

The team working on SHIFT2 UNLEASHED has been in close - and constant - contact with Pagani (and in fact a lot of manufacturers), and the amount of data that has been implemented into the in-game counterpart astounded me. In this pic you'll notice the rear wings which flip up to create downforce. Under hard braking the rake of the flaps increase, acting as an air-brake to slow the Huayra down.

The two winglets on the nose of the car also activate at speed. Although you can't see it clearly in this pic, in the game the open flaps reveal intricate detailing of the intercooler beneath. The high level of detail continues with the interior, which has all of the stitching, leather grain and carbon fibre that the real-world counterpart has. I often found myself pulling over and using the helmet cam to look around the cabin!

I've been playing racing games for a long time now. My addiction started with Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2 (continuing on to GP4), and I spent many years driving endless laps in rFactor. Although I've only been involved with SHIFT2 UNLEASHED for a couple of months, it's been a great experience to see how far the game's developers have gone to make it realistic, right down to receiving the CAD data for individual suspension components.

I racked up quite a few hours behind the wheel of the Huayra (in SHIFT2 UNLEASHED that is) for the Pagani Huayra in-game video that was released today. Admittedly I'm not a very good driver with a controller, so most of my seat time has been with a G25 wheel or a G27 on a D-Box simulator. It's certainly a car that commands respect, particularly with all of the driving aids turned off!

- Charles Kha

Source: SpeedHunters

it's getting better and better! Hopefully they won't forget about the steering wheels so that this game will totally blow the competition away. now only options for having longer races then 10 and it will be all settled. i know we could do that in online, but i think they should do some endurance races.

I've been playing racing games for a long time now. My addiction started with Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2 (continuing on to GP4), and I spent many years driving endless laps in rFactor. Although I've only been involved with SHIFT2 UNLEASHED for a couple of months, it's been a great experience to see how far the game's developers have gone to make it realistic, right down to receiving the CAD data for individual suspension components.

It seems they draw inspiration from all the great driving sims on PC like the Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series. I have never heard another developer of the so-called "console-sims" admit to have been drawn into sim-racing from these groundbreaking PC titles. That makes me very optimistic about Shift 2! :D

I'll hope that after New pagani announce a new Koenigsegg Agera also appear in Shift 2

I like the Agera but I'd rather have the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Wouldn't be better to have a car that you can take to any track and race with it, not fool around.

And by the way, Agera is ready to snatch Speed record from "Waffen-SS" so you should want Agera not Bugatti

Don't care how it's called or how should i pronounce, what i do want to know is how it's Drive because according to EA it's faster than Zonda R

New manufacturer Monday is out:

Nissan:
- NISSAN 200SX (S14)
- NISSAN 240SX (S13)
- NISSAN 350Z (Z33)
- NISSAN 370Z (Z34)
- NISSAN GT-R (R35)
- NISSAN GT-R SPECV (R35)
- NISSAN SILVIA S15 SPEC. R AERO
- NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R (R32)
- NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R (R34)

Infiniti:
- INFINITI G35 (V35)

Doesn't look like there's space for the 2000gt-r.

There is, above the 200sx. Check the full car list view. Also room for the GTR-GT1.

I wish they'd release some new manufacturers already, All of this week's except the R32 were already in Shift :(

New manufacturer Monday is out:

Nissan:
- NISSAN 200SX (S14)
- NISSAN 240SX (S13)
- NISSAN 350Z (Z33)
- NISSAN 370Z (Z34)
- NISSAN GT-R (R35)
- NISSAN GT-R SPECV (R35)
- NISSAN SILVIA S15 SPEC. R AERO
- NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R (R32)
- NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R (R34)

Infiniti:
- INFINITI G35 (V35)

Less than 20 Skylines? What kind of game is this?

Wouldn't be better to have a car that you can take to any track and race with it, not fool around.

And by the way, Agera is ready to snatch Speed record from "Waffen-SS" so you should want Agera not Bugatti
Veyron's are my favourite supercar thats why I prefer it to a Koeningseigg no matter what. Plus the Agera has been around a similar time to the Veyron SS and still hasn't beaten the record.

I will just buy this game for the BMW E30 M3.

This game looks promising, Im only going to drift and I see some sick drift tracks like Ebisu. Hope it wont dissapoint me like all the other NFS did for the PS3.

These cars can only received when you pre-order the game here in the Netherlands.

Silvia Spec R aero
Alfa Giulietta
Lambo LP640

Okay. Honestly, that's flat-out stupid.

How the hell do you nickel and dime on a product that hasn't even been released yet? :odd:

Hmm....the birds eye shot of Hockenheim shows part of the new infield section created when they changed the track after demolishing the old run through the forest. Why are they showing this if they're bringing us the 1981 version (which by the way I whole heartedly approve of)?

Edit: and their text for Silverstone is completely out of date!

The true Hockenheim. They are going all out on classic layouts. Wonder if Spa will have the old bus stop.

Back