Should B-Spec be in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisbroughton
  • 197 comments
  • 19,694 views

Should B-Spec be in GT5?

  • Yes, keep it like GT4

    Votes: 60 16.8%
  • Yes, but add a save feature for the middle of a race.

    Votes: 145 40.6%
  • NO!! The game is all about driving, not watching!

    Votes: 40 11.2%
  • No, but take out the long enduros in it.

    Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Make us A-spec the lot, but let us save in the middle.

    Votes: 105 29.4%

  • Total voters
    357
There is a photo. An old one which showed some online features that PD wanted to add to GT5. One of them was Spectator mode. Now is it possible that could be used by teams to watch and alongwith online chatting, discuss race strategies?
I believe the next step would be for driver changes.
 
I dont think there should be a B-spec option, i found it distracted me in GT4, if i was having problems with a particular race or it was a long haul then i would end up giving up and B-specing it. The option to pit in and save for the endurance races would be nice.
 
enduro race: B-spec yes!

Also I will do a championship first, like in GT4 the DTM Series where you win the CLK-GTR. After I won that once I would only drive that tournament a few times. The B-spec driver became my 'money' maker and when I needed a few million to buy this or that I just did a few of the B-spec championships and walk away with the money.
 
"...we need a B-spec mode where we the Player are the Copilot...who dreadfully watches the driver you hired go insaine after crashing your investment."
 
Last edited:
What about the stupid idea Deadlist made up is at a loss.Your idea is at a loss.Be quiet will you.You need to help your spelling skills.Plus things going on inside your own head.Quit talking rubbish, we aint taking it from you.
 
I admittedly never played GT4. I went from PS1 to Xbox, but I've seen the light and went with the PS3 for GT5 and Bluray movies. The save function makes it easier to comprehend endurance races since A. There isn't anyone I know IRL that I could hand the remote over to while I take a break who would want to drive for me let alone be good enough at it and B. Real racecar drivers do endurance races for a living. If you want the challenge of racing the entire race by yourself or with friends that's fine, don't hit the pause button. But IRL, we have things like "Remember that movie we were going to?" or "Hey don't forget you have work in 20 minutes!" Our schedules don't get to revolve around car racing.


Ohhh and my vote was for B. Spec with saves. I'm the kind of guy that likes to dictate and I'm sure I would enjoy that function.
 
I just read on the about it and it will be in GT5:
a-spec: you can just do this (seemed similar to GT5p to me).
b-spec: if you want to improve, for a different kind of person in front of GT5

Since I missed out GT4 in my life the real reason I ended up here was to find out what this is all about.

Current conclusion, wish list above can be forgotten and yes there is a new and improved b-spec mode in a separate menu.

=========================

Found what I was looking for:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119659&highlight=A+spec#post3520488

Thanks to AMAR
 
Last edited:
Shouldn't this thread be closed now that B-spec has been confirmed in?
 
Latest rumour is there will be two standalone games. A spec and b spec. Seems a bit odd if true.
 
Latest rumour is there will be two standalone games. A spec and b spec. Seems a bit odd if true.

There is no such rumour. It's already confirmed that A-spec and B-spec are both part of GT5.
 
Live as a Racing Team Director in B Spec

In the B spec mode, you are the director of a racing team. You will not be driving yourself, but will be nurturing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) driver, with the aim of securing victory by giving directions to the driver during races.

The B spec mode which first appeared in "Gran Turismo 4" has evolved to the next level, creating another facet of "Gran Turismo 5" that you could call a "Racing RPG".

The AI driver who appears in the B spec mode will have an ability gauge, condition, and personality, which will change as they participate in numerous races. Depending on the condition of the driver, they may not always listen to your directions as the team director. You will need to have a very different temperament to when you are behind the wheel yourself.
 
nice writing @ momoniu ! where did you get that from?
I guess b-spec will be quiet interesting...just remember many years ago when Briatore instructed Schumacher to ignore the black flag at silverstone... LOL
 
Well, B-spec is looking pretty sick (gamescom)
 
B-spec must be in, but its some contradictory because you can manage a team but you gonna have for ex. 2 white GTRs or 3 red Lancer, and here becomes necesary a livery editor.

At least its good to make easy money.
 
from the sound of it it's not going to be easy money like gt4.

You have manage a team of "bobs", each with different attributes and driving styles. Mental fatigue is a big factor which effects driver's emotions. They might not listen you to your instructions depending on the situation!

Sounds like a RPG. It has it's place in GT5 but I don't think this mode is for me.
 
An old thread from AUG,2010...

I thought i should bring it back to life !
 
Back