Should B-Spec be in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisbroughton
  • 197 comments
  • 19,694 views

Should B-Spec be in GT5?

  • Yes, keep it like GT4

    Votes: 60 16.8%
  • Yes, but add a save feature for the middle of a race.

    Votes: 145 40.6%
  • NO!! The game is all about driving, not watching!

    Votes: 40 11.2%
  • No, but take out the long enduros in it.

    Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Make us A-spec the lot, but let us save in the middle.

    Votes: 105 29.4%

  • Total voters
    357
I voted for: Yes, but add a save feature for the middle of a race.
But: Make us A-spec the lot, but let us save in the middle. Is just as good. :)
 
I think we can have B-Spec:

- But just in the Endurance Races,

or

If we dont have B-Spec:

- It will be nice to save in the middle of each Endurance Races.
 
I think the Bob could be updated because everytime i used him he would never be running at full throttle. Example: i would go to Circuit De La Sarthe in any vehicle and let Bob go around to set his time. Now when i done this he would never be at 100 percent and would either fall off the track somewhere or just be languishing in the middle of the pack or at the back and when i went around i found that i was at least maybe a full minute or less in front. Now when i would set BOB to level 4 or 5 BOB would then forget to brake or try some stupid move in areas where there was no space to pass at all. So i find myself having to mix it up a bit between level 1 through 5 in order to teach BOB how to get it right......but it does depend on the setting that you have on the car and the make of car beit a normal road car with or without upgrades as oppose to a 24hr Le Mans car.

All in all BOB is pretty stupid but its a good idea to have in GT5 as long as the AI is as challenging as World Touring Cars on the PSONE. Until PD sort out the AI and really make it challenging as if we are racing online then there will be little point of putting it in there just to show what the PS3 Emotion Chip can do.

I'm looking for big things in the next round of GT as everyone is and not everone will be happy when it finally comes out.

Q. How many gigs will GT5 Take up on the PS3 ?? because i now have 15GB left as i mainly have music and pics on mine. Far cry takes up to 3.5GB so i had to get rid of some old demos and pics as i want to keep as much GB there as possible. But i do know that i will have to transfer some of my music to my mem stick.
 
B-spec should be kept, but does need improving. Why take out an option that people use. I would rather A-spec it myself but in a 24 hour race that's just not possible how it currently is. I support the mid race save option, for both A-spec and B-spec and the ability to switch between the two. This way everybody should be happy.
 
Q. How many gigs will GT5 Take up on the PS3 ?? because i now have 15GB left as i mainly have music and pics on mine. Far cry takes up to 3.5GB so i had to get rid of some old demos and pics as i want to keep as much GB there as possible. But i do know that i will have to transfer some of my music to my mem stick.
No one knows, but Prologue takes up to over 6GB.
 
Yes, but add a save feature for the middle of a race.
The B spec was an excellent feature if GT4. There was just no way I would have ever been able to do the 24 hour races or some of the 12 hour races. The fear of a power outage or system failure prevented me from even trying. Now if there was a save feature for the during the race then I would attempt it for sure. 👍
 
I would never have used b-spec if i could have saved anytime i wanted.
So i think you should be able to save, at least when you pit, then be able to hit other races in between.
 
A-spec only , with option to save during a race would be ideal. :D
 
i rekon b spec should be keep but expanded on like when i first played gran turismo 4 i was horible at driveing so i b speced most of the races un till i actualy could win one a spec
 
A-Spec a lot, and save option in the middle of the race.

I don't have time to play, but if I can play ten or fifteen laps of a race once in a day I can complete the game and enjoy every moment of the experience, because I'm driving, not some stupid, dumb, ridiculous B-Spec Bob, Brad or Bill.
 
Why does it bother some people the at the option of B spec is in? It's not like you are deprived of the A spec experience....you can do any race in A spec anytime you want! And the only time that I, and most other people, will do B spec is likely the 24 hour enduro races.

For the "purists" who can actually do 24 hour enduro A spec, great for you. I probably wont be able to do it but dont deny me the option of B spec.
 
Why does it bother some people the at the option of B spec is in? It's not like you are deprived of the A spec experience....you can do any race in A spec anytime you want! And the only time that I, and most other people, will do B spec is likely the 24 hour enduro races.

For the "purists" who can actually do 24 hour enduro A spec, great for you. I probably wont be able to do it but dont deny me the option of B spec.

You'll be surprised to know how many out there that thinks it's either their way or no way.:sly:
 
I would have said yes to B-Spec as it makes a great screen saver and something to watch whilst you are eating dinner or vacuuming or something... but if you leave GT5p sitting at a menu screen it goes away and downloads and plays replays of real people driving, and that's way more interesting.
 
I would have said yes to B-Spec as it makes a great screen saver and something to watch whilst you are eating dinner or vacuuming or something

Yeah, thats exactly what I do. When I get hungry I just let B-Spec Bob do one of short enduro's or other races while I'm having a snack etc.
 
If it was up to me B-spec would be in, but you'd have to win the event prior to use it, this way you can B-spec an endurance but once you completed it yourself. As long as there is a "save and exit" option when you pit, even for 1hour races, and the savepoint is erased once loaded to prevent cheating. I'm all for "tough without being cheap" games like megaman, 24h with the possibility to save in the pitlane is the deinition of that.
 
Last edited:
No!!!!!!! Save space for customizable hands position on the wheel. Gimme Jean Alesi style :D

 
Now that damage is in the mix, I won't mind putting B-Spec on and view the race and hope some AI cars collide or something. It'll be a nice change up.
 
What is B-Spec? (I never played GT4)
 
For me, if there are going to be endurance events then there needs to be the option to 'hand over' to another driver. Just as you would do in real life.

I would say he needs to be of equivalent ability to the computer 'drivers', no better or worse. That way the deciding factor in whether or not you win the event is still you.
 
For me, it needs to be in there if there are going to be endurance races. It should only be as good as the other cars' AI though, that way your driving is still the deciding factor.
 
What is B-Spec? (I never played GT4)

Basically, the computer races the car for you and you can choose how aggressive it drives.

I personally think that B-Spec is a must in GT5, especially with the higher car count and beautiful graphics. In GT4, I didn't just use it for enduros: I mainly used B-Spec to just sit back and admire some great cars drive around a track. Seriously, its great to just pick a car and watch it race. Now with the improvements in GT5, I expect that to be even more enjoyable.
 
I voted "Yes, keep it like GT4." Why the hell not, If you want to use it go ahead and do so, if not then do not. Simple as that in my opinion.👍
 
Have a save feature for both A-spec and B-spec in the enduros.
Now everyone is happy! :D
 
I'd like it kept in there, but only for the endurance races (assuming they are still in it). So long as the 'B Spec' AI is equivalent to the opponents' AI then it's still your driving that is the deciding factor. I also think that you should have to complete a certain percentage of the race yourself in the endurance events.
 
What is B-Spec? (I never played GT4)

It's a computer-controlled driver that completes events for you. You have limited control over his driving (faster, slower etc.) and he gets quicker as he gains experience.
 
Would love to see the return of b-spec mode. with the enhanced visuals in gt5, it will be like watching a real live race! Don't ever take out b-spec mode. give us user a choice. It's better to keep it in as an option than to completely remove it. For those who like it can have it, and those who don't can ignore the option all together. That way everyone's happy in the end.
 
B-spec made the grind for money easy so i say keep it. Add mid race save for enduros and you're done
 
I voted no if memory serves, but never replied..how rude of me. I say no because I want to do all the driving and I think it should be a requirement that you actually win the race to get any rewards and credit for completing it. Should have been scrapped in Beta testing imo.

Jerome
 
I'm hoping for B-specing or C-specing with real drivers(not AI) in online races. Teams could form up and swtich drivers at preset or online chats. Race strategy could be discussed ...........etc., etc.

Wasn't that the message. "complete reality?"

I vote to add one more option to the ballot.
 
I voted the third option. The game is indeed about driving, not about watching. However, that doesn't mean I don't want B-Spec in the game, since there are those who will use it whenever they need it, like myself.
 
Back