Should i get an Xbox?

• Thread starter m@goo
  • 74 comments
Im deciding on wether i should get an xbox? so i wanna know if these games are any good

midtown madness 3
project gotham 2
mercedes world racing
apex
colin mcrae rally 3

It depends on what kind of racing you like. Do you prefer simulation 'realistic' racing like Gran Turismo 3, or do you prefer arcade style racing where the cars handle unrealisticly well and can accelerate from 0 to max speed in 5 seconds?

Also, the first two aren't 'racing' games. They have other goals. The next two I don't know anything about. And CMR3 is rally (obviously) and I believe it's supposed to be one of the best games around, not restricted to race style games ... just simply one of the best games.

My brother bought one just for Halo... It's actually really cool, with the HDD and stuff. I say get one, if you have money to burn.

actually i would say buy one. if you havent got one yet there are so many Good games out there right now, that you could live on for a while, until the new systems start coming out.

Stick with the PS2, the Xbox has little amount of games. So its a waste of money. And Most of the good games are on the PS2 platform, and most of the games suck for the PS2 platform.

Originally posted by cm108kph
My brother bought one just for Halo... It's actually really cool, with the HDD and stuff. I say get one, if you have money to burn.

I don't see why people do that. Halo isn't that great of a game. :odd:

Originally posted by 5LiterRiceEater
i know its your opinion, but i think your crazy:D

Sorry I have to agree with Integra... while I could see why "gamers" like that game I'm not in that crowd and even after playing it with a friend I knew I'd lose interest in it quick.

edit: as well as lose interest in an xbox quick. Even PGR wouldn't keep my interest, I don't think PGR2 could even though it may look better than the first.

have u even played HALO? all the way thru?
:confused:

Yes, I have played Halo, but not all the way through. I have played it enough to know that it is in no way worth $129.99.

Originally posted by Integra Type R
Yes, I have played Halo, but not all the way through. I have played it enough to know that it is in no way worth $129.99.
who pays 129 for a game???
u must be talking about the system too? well its better than paying the full 300 when it first came out!:banghead:
u guys must be hard to please with games, or just into one specific kind of game... i.e. rpg's... sims ect.

Part of the difference between PS2 and Xbox is (yes, I know it's cheezy) like the difference between PC and Apple. While I don't like apple at all I relate the PS2 to an Apple because it's simple, clean and has refinment inside and out. It's got a great simple controller, games seem simulation rather than acade, graphics look professional as well as the PS2's shell.

Originally posted by Darin
Stick with the PS2, the Xbox has little amount of games. So its a waste of money. And Most of the good games are on the PS2 platform, and most of the games suck for the PS2 platform.

i have PS2 online and X-BOX LIVE, and TOCA 2 is the best "ONLINE" game ive ever played, and the X-BOX LIVE network is simply amazing. with your online "TAG" you can play 75-100 games online, and have the ability to talk to your friends through the X-BOX , even with no game in the consol even if you dont have a headset you can set it up so that you can here the other players talking through your tv speakers there are tons of features that PS2 cant come close to competing with, like the HEADSET itself, the X-BOX headset plugs into one of the expansion bays on the controller, so you have a mute button, and volume control right on the controller, and they designed the headset so it is way more comfortable on your head, and it is less of a hassel having only the controller coard comming from the consol then there is the fact that most games allow you to play your own music {that you copyed to your built in 50gig hd} while playing on & offline

who pays 129 for a game???
u must be talking about the system too? well its better than paying the full 300 when it first came out!:banghead:
u guys must be hard to please with games, or just into one specific kind of game... i.e. rpg's... sims ect.

the only game that costs alot is STEEL BATALLION, wich is $199.00 and it comes with a huge controller that has like 40 buttons/switches and i think there are 2 joy sticks ;)

one of my friends has it and he said thats all he played for 3 months straight, there is also an online version of the game ;)

a piece of advice before you start shelling out money: it IS worth it if you have the means to fully immerse yourself into it (really good tv, big preferrably; good sound system; enough space in your living room for the monster controller because it is really really heavy and it has pedals too.) If you have these things, then this game will rock.

Originally posted by kinigitt
a piece of advice before you start shelling out money: it IS worth it if you have the means to fully immerse yourself into it (really good tv, big preferrably; good sound system; enough space in your living room for the monster controller because it is really really heavy and it has pedals too.) If you have these things, then this game will rock.
so then im gonna buy it soner or later then.

Originally posted by DRIFT GOD
...there is the fact that most games allow you to play your own music {that you copyed to your built in 50gig hd} while playing on & offline

Isn't the HD only 10 gig? Well, if it is, that's still enough for game saves and music.

I'm also thinking of getting an xbox, but I dunno if I should get a modded one (w/ new HD, ability to rip games, etc.) or just a regular one.

Today was my first experience with Xbox at a friends house, I played GTA: Vice City, and the graphics are better, but the Xbox would start freezing half way into the game.

Therefore I come up with this.

Playstation 2 > Xbox.

My advice would be to get Xbox if there are games (at least a couple) that you feel you'd really like to play. The system is only as good as the games. I personally am glad that I got the Xbox. Some of the games I have are:

Knights of the Old Republic
Halo
Colin Mcrae 04 (traded in my 3 for it)
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell 2

These are all Xbox exclusive games and I'm pretty happy I got Xbox. So if there are any games that u like u should definately get an Xbox.

Originally posted by ZoSo
Isn't the HD only 10 gig? Well, if it is, that's still enough for game saves and music.

I thought it was only 8gigs. :confused:

Originally posted by sUn
Today was my first experience with Xbox at a friends house, I played GTA: Vice City, and the graphics are better, but the Xbox would start freezing half way into the game.

Therefore I come up with this.

Playstation 2 > Xbox.

Just cuz of one game? :rolleyes: I wouldnt make that assumption just cuz of one friggin game.

Originally posted by JrunkenC
My advice would be to get Xbox if there are games (at least a couple) that you feel you'd really like to play. The system is only as good as the games. I personally am glad that I got the Xbox. Some of the games I have are:

Knights of the Old Republic
Halo
Colin Mcrae 04 (traded in my 3 for it)
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell 2

These are all Xbox exclusive games and I'm pretty happy I got Xbox. So if there are any games that u like u should definately get an Xbox.

Well said. 👍

I am really struggling with this question right now.

One of the main draws for me to the xbox is the xbox exclusive titles.

Knights of the old republic
Halo
(any tecmo title)

And that also brings me to the next thing for me... tecmo games.

I still love my copy of doa2:hardcore for the ps2... so when I heard that doa:ultimate was coming out, I was stoked. (btw, doa ultimate is gonna be awesome 👍 )

Anyway, those are the things drawing me towards buying a xbox.

Anything you guys can think of to add to that would just convince me even more so that the xbox is a good system to have.

Also, with the price drops of the past few months... :D

Back