Should i get an Xbox?

• Thread starter m@goo
  • 74 comments
I have a xbox with a 300 gb hdd, I love it for my divx collection I ripped of my dvds and pics and my music, lovely! For games?Nope but I only play Gran turismo and winning eleven on the ps2 so I am not a "real gamer." Full Spectrum warrior seems interesting.

The hard drives vary between 8 and 10. I installed a 300 in mine.

the standard HDD is 40Gig.

i will buy an X-Box this summer and get Halo, PGR2, and possibly Ninja Gaiden, if i have money to burn.

buy an xbox

ignore anyone who says they suck, those people are stupid

and vice city better on the ps2??? umm no, xbox one has better graphics, sound and loading times. It never froze on me once when I played it, so i doubt you've actually played it

oh and halo2!!!

Originally posted by code_kev
buy an xbox

ignore anyone who says they suck, those people are stupid

and vice city better on the ps2??? umm no, xbox one has better graphics, sound and loading times. It never froze on me once when I played it, so i doubt you've actually played it

oh and halo2!!!

What he said plus. Rally Sport Challenge2 "IS" the best racing game on Xbox offline :). I have a game pass from blockbuster and I dont want to return this wonderful rally game. Riddick looks worlds better than Splinter Cell and Halo, hopefully it wont suck and waste those great graphiics.

!warning! If you are a casual gamer or just suck, half of these games will be unfamiliar to you or appear unappealing.

metal slug 3 is coming sometime soon. driv3r will be better on xbox as 95 percent of cross platform games are better on xbox. capcom vs. snk 2: eo, street fighter 15th anniversary (thats hyper street fighter 2 and street fighter 3: third strike, with basically all characters, ever), guilty gear x2, fable, halo 2, jade empire, kotor 2, splinter cell 3, r6 black arrow, ghost recon 2 (basically all tom clancy games are better on xbox 'cept rs3 which is miles better for single player on pc). the riddick game looks ace (i played a demo on the new oxm disc), conkers live and reloaded is gonna rule, silent hill 4, B.C., Outrun 2, flatout, colin mcrae rally 04 and 05, rallisport 2, burnout 3, EA now has online games on xbox (though i couldn't care any less about that company right now, aside from the new battlefield, as theyve molested need for speed with fast and the furious shenanigans), GUNGRIFFON (oh lordy i hope its as cool as the saturn version), mechassault 2, brothers in arms, doom 3 (tho i'd opt for the pc version), DOA ultimate, destroy all humans (play as a spiteful little alien and ruin people's ****), psychonauts, far cry instincts, Pariah, xbox live 3.0 with clan support, lucasarts' mercenaries, unreal championship 2 (they promise it wont suck like the first), uhhhh did i mention HALO 2?!

whew. now if someone tells you the xbox doenst have many good games, pity their ignorance, dont argue with them.

wow kinigitt... That's some enthusiasm there.

How about looking at it mathematically. Lets say you spend 150 on an Xbox and 150 on three games that you like. That equals 300 dollars. Now, I usually feel like I get my moneys worth if I pay around 5 dollars an hour. That means for those three games, I would have to play over 60 hours to get my moneys worth. So if there are any games out there that you think will take up 20+ hours and there are at least three of them, I say the Xbox is worth it.

On a side note, I have 786 days on my Gran Turismo 3... So lets assume ten minutes for every race = 128 hours on GT3. BUAHAHAH, guess I got my moneys worth out of my PS2.

Most played games of all time: 1) GT2 (ps1) 2) Halo (xbox) 3) GT3 (ps2) 4) Goldeneye 007 (n64) and 5) Grand Theft Auto 3 (ps2, then xbox)

if you have the money get an xbox. The GTA series looks much better on Xbox, but if you've played them before, and completed the game on ps2 they aren't worth the purchase. Halo is good, i think its a little over rated though. PGR2 is good if you're not too technical with your cars (no tuning). I've tried xbox live and i just don't like playing online much. In general i just don't like playing online point. whatever. I highly recomend even if it does freeze now and then.

What he ^ said. :)

Seriously though, if you're on a forum dedicated to a particular popular racing game, then chances are you know your way around video games in general. Now it's one thing to be brand loyal or if you've got something against Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo - but most gamers are above that kind of thing. Be in it for the games - not buying a particular console for any reason aside from that console having no top shelf games is a waste.

If i HAD the money i would by 10 ps2/s and 10 Xbox/s. Just becuase i can. And i would get all the games for both and not worry about which is better. Each one is unique in its own way. A ps2 has some good games Xbox doesnt, and Xbox has some good games the ps2 doesnt.

alright theres alot of little good things about an xbox like you dont need a memory card which they usualy bite you in the a$$ with that cause there like 20 or 30 bucks now you can get your own music on the xbox which kinda doesnt make any sense but thats cool its one of the more alone consols what i mean is they totaly blow up game comercial saying like "only on xbox" "xbox only" so its kinda cool in that has the best grapics i have ever seen on a consol but if your like me my parents ddint know wtf I was talking about so they got me an PS2 for christmas instead of an xbox which im not complaining they went out and paid alot of money so I had to wait on an xbox...but enough about me you can kinda compare a memory card to a dvd controler for an xbox they made it so you cant watch dvds unless you got a controler hope this helped you in your desicion

Bryce301
alright theres alot of little good things about an xbox like you dont need a memory card which they usualy bite you in the a$$ with that cause there like 20 or 30 bucks now you can get your own music on the xbox which kinda doesnt make any sense but thats cool its one of the more alone consols what i mean is they totaly blow up game comercial saying like "only on xbox" "xbox only" so its kinda cool in that has the best grapics i have ever seen on a consol but if your like me my parents ddint know wtf I was talking about so they got me an PS2 for christmas instead of an xbox which im not complaining they went out and paid alot of money so I had to wait on an xbox...but enough about me you can kinda compare a memory card to a dvd controler for an xbox they made it so you cant watch dvds unless you got a controler hope this helped you in your desicion

I know i'm a n00b to this forum, but dude, the horse is already dead. Thist topic died 2 months ago, no need to bring it back. If he was gonna get one, i'm sure he has by now.

I bought an XBOX just last week. I got it to give myself something to do while waiting for PS2 to bring out something that will interest me. So far, I hate the feel of the controller the most.

kinigitt
The controller s? surely you jest.

Nope, I don't like the feel of the buttons, nor the hand placement. It's just not confortable to me. The useful buttons are all on one side, making multiple tasks done simultaneously a pain in the ass.

Controller S is alot better then the first version (how did that one pass all quality and ergonomic tests???) but the controller is still the week point of the XBox, even Dreamcasts control is better. But its still a fine console with many good game, like PGR2 :up:

/Viktor

Lethalchem
Nope, I don't like the feel of the buttons, nor the hand placement. It's just not confortable to me. The useful buttons are all on one side, making multiple tasks done simultaneously a pain in the ass.

If you just don't get used to it eventually, then fair enough. The only downside to me are the stupid black and white buttons. :crazy:

Controller S>PS2 Controller. Dunno, i seem to like the Xbox Controller better then the PS2 controller. I like having the R and L buttons right there. Make it's a lot easier.

Back