Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I bought it from the Genuine Samsung Store in Bahrain, how would it be fake?? :boggled:
Worth double checking if they are an official Samsung store, can be dangerous the fake batteries. Maybe just the way the photo turned out but it looks faded top part of the new one you got, if it's like that in person then I think a good chance it is a fake. Can't read the writing in the photo so not judging on that.

Was it a actual Samsung store or a Samsung registered retailer? Because sometimes retailers sell knock off stuff anyway using the fact they are registered to con people.

It might just be the batteries shipped with the phone are made where the phones made and genuine replacement batteries are made in China.

Worth double checking if they are an official Samsung store, can be dangerous the fake batteries. Maybe just the way the photo turned out but it looks faded top part of the new one you got, if it's like that in person then I think a good chance it is a fake. Can't read the writing in the photo so not judging on that.
Those might be the Camera Flash reflections of that battery, i didn't notice anything really different.

Was it a actual Samsung store or a Samsung registered retailer? Because sometimes retailers sell knock off stuff anyway using the fact they are registered to con people.
I bought it from the official Samsung Store in a mall.

It might just be the batteries shipped with the phone are made where the phones made and genuine replacement batteries are made in China.
Probably.

wxgcUIV.png

Nothing fancy, just been on a song shopping spree of sorts.

When Gran Turismo 5 came out, I didn't own a PS3. But my brother did, so he was the one who had a copy of GT5. So while in search of a nostalgia trip, I saw Gran Turismo 5 for $10. I sort of had to finally buy my own copy, just for collection's sake. Not to mention the glorious photomode locations.

ted.png

And then there's the Edguy thing. I was expecting it to be (more than) slightly smaller than that, it's not vinyl. But it's so big that the box it arrived in said "contents: Vinyl." But it's really a book with a few discs in it, and I'm bloody stoked with it! The best way I've seen a band celebrate an anniversary without becoming (too) tacky. Though I do have no idea where to put it.

Those might be the Camera Flash reflections of that battery, i didn't notice anything really different.

I bought it from the official Samsung Store in a mall.

Probably.
Worth checking if it weighs the same as the old one to be on the safe side, should be about 53 grams.

I normally post my record purchases in the Vinyl thread but I thought others here may want to know this is being released as you can get a CD version too.

I present .... Voyager Golden Record Boxset

IMG_8536.JPG
IMG_8537.JPG
IMG_8538.JPG
IMG_8539.JPG

IMG_8540.JPG

As you can see it's 3 LPs a book, slipmat, art print & Pin.

Samsung SDI has factories in China. Use your brains guys.
I'm aware of this, think one of them caught fire this year. Good to be vigilant and check if it is genuine Samsung one or not, there are a lot of fakes about. Only mentioned about it as colours looked faded in picture posted. These phones and batteries can get seriously hot, I imagine more so in hotter countries so worth always double checking if you've got an official product or not.

Anyway, recently bought a phone with a fake button, an iPhone 7 for the McLaren WFG Gear.Club competition. On LG G5, the frame rate gets really bad during gameplay so wanted to see if something faster and lower resolution will allow me to do better. Even though the iPhone seems to get much hotter than the G5, it doesn't seem to throttle much and I managed to improve my time massively on only my second attempt with phone and got my best ranking position so far on an event. Also I know I can go much faster with the improved accuracy I can now drive with. Aim now is to finish fastest in the UK.

iPhone 7.jpg

The positions of the vents on my new helmet leave some parts of my noggin exposed, needed a cap to avoid a burnt forehead:

cycling-jersey-northwave-1463461881-2115446-49a2d4f997fe1315caec6cfeea0663c2-product_340x340.jpg

What better than a Jolly Roger?

The positions of the vents on my new helmet leave some parts of my noggin exposed, needed a cap to avoid a burnt forehead:

cycling-jersey-northwave-1463461881-2115446-49a2d4f997fe1315caec6cfeea0663c2-product_340x340.jpg

What better than a Jolly Roger?
I had 3 vertical lines on my forehead from being out on Saturday. It was unexpected as it was Scotland and mostly raining.

I've just got myself a new pair of Shimano SPDs. My last pair were way too tight so I got a wide fitting and they're much better.

IMG_20170810_13313.jpg

Got a set of cleats for them and a Schwalbe City Jet 26x1.5 to replace an older one that has a bit of a gash in it.

I had 3 vertical lines on my forehead from being out on Saturday. It was unexpected as it was Scotland and mostly raining.

Sunscreen on the bonce under the helmet, I do however understand if you don't own any. :sly:

I've just got myself a new pair of Shimano SPDs. My last pair were way too tight so I got a wide fitting and they're much better.

Cycle shoe fitting is an art. I'm lucky enough to have "regular" feet. Lake make some wide fitting shoes, but as for the Shimanos you have they're, I've seen lots of praise for them online.

So I needed some new insoles for my shoes in the winter. I wear Vivobarefoot shoes all the time. No shoes with a thick sole or heel.

Durin the winters however having only a 3mm to 5mm sole between you and the freezing cold pavement is cold. However Vivo sell some fantastic insoles which use Outlast

These keep my feet moderately warm and cosey and allow my feet to move as intended.

IMG_8561.PNG

While perusing for these I also ordered a pair of Ultra 3. These; while looking like crocs :ill:, are Not and have the same thin sole. Now I was going to get the new Bloom versions of these which are made from Alge Blooms and are better for the environment but I wanted to see if I like them first. These will come in over the winter around the house and garden and then longer walks with the dog etc next summer.

IMG_8560.PNG

Mid-post-edit

They arrived and look much better in person.

2ABB710C-EE43-485E-AC6C-F2D278544080.jpg

Also to add to getting ready for the horrid wet and cold weather I've picked up a Liquiproof set from Vivo too. That way I can get me boots and trainers which are winter proof already all cleaned up and ready for a new winter of action.
IMG_8562.PNG

Last edited:
upload_2017-8-11_10-25-37.png

My cheap old headset of 7 years gave up the ghost the other day, so I zeroed out my Amazon gift card balance on this wireless Corsair VOID headset. Sound quality is great, they're super comfortable, and it's got impressive battery life. It's also got RGB lighting on the side.... which I don't really understand, but at least it turns off. Being able to get up and walk to the bathroom without pausing the music is heavenly :lol:

IMG_4895.JPG

New microwave just arrived. I don't use microwaves a whole lot, but my old one was 15yr+ old and wasn't reheating food the best anymore. I guess I'll see what this "inverter" technology is all about.

Next on the list for the homestead is a new vacuum, sometime in the next few months(probably a dyson ball animal 2).

Changing up my truck a little bit to be more of an off roader instead of an overland rig. I also want to make it look slightly old school so I bought this:

light-bar-jpg.255015

It's an nFab "roll bar" like trucks from the 80's had. I'll be getting some lights for the top of it too.

And I'm going to 33's for my tires, decided on the Goodyear DuraTracs since they're better in the snow than the KO2's I currently have.

gy_wranglerdt_owl_pdpcrop.jpg

My super expensive thrift shop radio is acting up so I broke down and purchased a proper work radio.

2890-20_4.png

I also purchased a new impact drill as my old one broke.

202922374_S02.spin

And to top off a very expensive day...

apps.29945.13997268951031195.1152921504728469187.e5d9a561-c938-4cc9-8ecf-1c5cfa14fdc7

View attachment 666305

New microwave just arrived. I don't use microwaves a whole lot, but my old one was 15yr+ old and wasn't reheating food the best anymore. I guess I'll see what this "inverter" technology is all about.

Next on the list for the homestead is a new vacuum, sometime in the next few months(probably a dyson ball animal 2).

Why is it on your bed? :odd:

One of these days I will get a microwave, can't say I'm in any hurry though as I don't exactly have room for one.

Welcome to the Panasonic Microwave club 👍

Basically normal microwaves have only one level of power, the maximum. If you select a lower setting it actually pulses the food.... full power, off, full power, off. This creates uneven cooking apparently. The Inverter technology actually lowers the power so it doesn't pulse, it really is the power you select.

Back