Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
Getting in to the Crawling RC stuff - so, picked this up and have to admit that it is a ton of fun!
enhance

Ran it yesterday for the first time and had a blast tearing up the flower beds!! [wife was at the grocery store :lol: ]

For the PS4:

3bOTv7Il.jpg

Decided to find out what the fuss was all about and got this two weeks ago, when it was 50% off.

Played it for the first time last night and I must say I'm very sleepy today.
I already own Rocket League on my PS4 thanks to PS+ so couple days ago i actually bought the XB1 version just to check out the difference and also for the sake of my upcoming video. $20 spent on far less populated version of that game and it still worth it.

1999 Volkswagen Beetle. 1.9 liter TDI. Here are my own photos rather than the poor Craigslist pictures. :)

The white Beetle is my dad's. He got his a couple years ago.. well thinking back now it has probably been closer to 5 or 6 years ago. Time flies!

The white Beetle is a 2001, and pretty much the exact same as mine. Leather, heated seats. Both are 1.9 liter diesels with a 5 speed manual transmission. His has the stock wheels, mine are aftermarket. I think they say "Rage" on them. I don't know much about them besides the fact that they look pretty nice in my opinion. I got the car pretty cheap. It does need some work though. Need to replace a hose for the turbo, fix the window regulator on the driver's side, also the A Frame bushings and ball joints are pretty screwed up on the passenger side. Will replace both sides though. Going to get a set of tires and it also needs a battery. The headliner is completely gone, but the previous owner cleaned and scraped out all of the old adhesive junk so it really doesn't look bad at all. Probably going to airbrush it gray. Inside, the door panels are notorious for having the fabric sag and fall down. The passenger side one is completely gone but cleaned off just like the headliner. Doesn't really look bad at all.

I am open for questions. :)

Should I make a thread for this? :lol:

full

full

full
What's with every VW being a diesel around the world?
Still, i like the Late 90's/Early 2000's Bubbly look of the "new" Beetle. :)

1999 Volkswagen Beetle. 1.9 liter TDI. Here are my own photos rather than the poor Craigslist pictures. :)

The white Beetle is my dad's. He got his a couple years ago.. well thinking back now it has probably been closer to 5 or 6 years ago. Time flies!

The white Beetle is a 2001, and pretty much the exact same as mine. Leather, heated seats. Both are 1.9 liter diesels with a 5 speed manual transmission. His has the stock wheels, mine are aftermarket. I think they say "Rage" on them. I don't know much about them besides the fact that they look pretty nice in my opinion. I got the car pretty cheap. It does need some work though. Need to replace a hose for the turbo, fix the window regulator on the driver's side, also the A Frame bushings and ball joints are pretty screwed up on the passenger side. Will replace both sides though. Going to get a set of tires and it also needs a battery. The headliner is completely gone, but the previous owner cleaned and scraped out all of the old adhesive junk so it really doesn't look bad at all. Probably going to airbrush it gray. Inside, the door panels are notorious for having the fabric sag and fall down. The passenger side one is completely gone but cleaned off just like the headliner. Doesn't really look bad at all.

I am open for questions. :)

Should I make a thread for this? :lol:

full

full

full
Do a W12 swap, make it AWD, insert RSI body kit :sly:

What's with every VW being a diesel around the world?
Still, i like the Late 90's/Early 2000's Bubbly look of the "new" Beetle. :)
You know, from a production standpoint I honestly don't know if they made more diesels than gas engines. But I'd assume they made less diesels. I too, like the this generation of the Beetle. I truly think it is kind of ugly, but at the same time it's just cute as hell. :lol:
Do a W12 swap, make it AWD, insert RSI body kit :sly:
Why haven't I thought of this yet? :confused: :lol:

WHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL.

20170802_104248.jpg

Now to build a stand.

EDIT: Because I'm lazy and like saving money, I moved my setup around to get the below result, and it's working fine. Being as I've never owned a proper racing wheel it's going to be one hell of an adjustment period.

20170802_170403.jpg

Also, knee.

Last edited:
My G27 broke again a few days ago :( So I gave up on it and got a G920

20170801_182811.jpg

There are so many things I love about this wheel. I was expecting it to feel just like the G27, but I was surprised. Having an Xbox controller integrated is super convenient. The wheel itself feels less like a toy, it's virtually silent, super easy to setup and Forza Horizon 3 is actually playable!! I wasn't able to play FH3 with my G27. It was just so... vague and impossible to counter-steer. with this thing I am playing as easy as if it was a controller.

The only thing I don't like about this wheel? The freaking brake pedal... They advertise it as having a more realistic feel compared to the G27, but it is stiff as heck. It literally feels like there is a solid mass inside of it blocking the pedal's travel. You can actually feel when you hit it. Thankfully Forza Horizon 3 has brake sensitivity settings and other stuff that makes it a lot more responsive. I can race with no problems, but I am worried about other games...

@deadbob777 Here :D https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/post-a-pic-of-your-pet-s.70249/page-55#post-11825055 She approves! Enough space for her to lay down on my feet and prevent me from winning a race!

TB
I'm quite displeased that it isn't a husky. :irked:

Funny thing is, I've raised three Huskies, I love them, yet I have never owned one :lol: I know the breed too much to own one. since I live in an apartment and I work all day, a nice and peaceful Labrador works well for me. Maybe when I get a house with a big yard, I will finally adopt a Husky.

This.

It was 99c
I love just prowling through the ending soon listings, you can find things that no one bid on that are good.
s-l500.jpg

Yesterday, for the first time in two months:

upload_2017-8-5_21-3-24.png

It was lousy outside, it had been a long day, and neither of us wanted to cook. Keto broken.

Today, at a shop just around the corner. I don't really have any pullovers, and this is the perfect weight for summer evenings. It's a really nice texture, but the main selling point: it was on sale!

upload_2017-8-5_21-5-38.png

And while I was in there, noticed Baxter has a new soap:

upload_2017-8-5_21-7-53.png

The last one lived on for a surprising amount of time, so giving this new one a try.

Not as recent, but grabbed a few things from J. Crew Factory when we were coming back from the cottage last week:

upload_2017-8-5_21-12-21.png upload_2017-8-5_21-13-2.png
upload_2017-8-5_21-16-38.png upload_2017-8-5_21-17-8.png

New battery for my Note 4 as my older one isn't working well.

(Left: Old / Right: New)
٢٠١٧٠٨٠٦_١٥١٤٢٧.jpg

Also dumb question but why's my new "battery cell" is made in China while the older in Korea? Hmmm...

Back