Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,299 comments
Just about there! Just picked these up. Ring sizing mandrel and ring set. A ring stretcher for sizing metal bits and a bottle of quality CA glue.
Next week I'll get some wood veneers, a drill chuck on a MT1 mandrel. After that some alumiUV and a UV bath box.
At least I have what I need to start turning rings now though.

Attachments

• 20181106_165444.jpg
    20181106_165444.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 15
Have you had a chance to use it yet? I ask because I have an older tablet that was nice to use while sitting in front of the TV, not really watching the TV, but it is on it last legs and I have been wanting to replace it. A Chromebook is one thing I have thought about picking up to replace it.

I have, it works just like an Android tablet, but it's a little quicker and has a keyboard. I have full access to the Google Play store too which is nice since some Chromebooks don't. It also have a stylus built in, but it's not nearly as good as the pen that comes with the Pixelbook. But for the price I think it's good for what I need it for.

I'm pretty much using it while sitting around while watching TV to write GTPlanet articles and surf the web. I'll be nice when travelling too.

I have, it works just like an Android tablet, but it's a little quicker and has a keyboard. I have full access to the Google Play store too which is nice since some Chromebooks don't. It also have a stylus built in, but it's not nearly as good as the pen that comes with the Pixelbook. But for the price I think it's good for what I need it for.

I'm pretty much using it while sitting around while watching TV to write GTPlanet articles and surf the web. I'll be nice when travelling too.

Minus the article writing part, I pretty much exclusively used my old Nexus tablet to surf the web. It was great for that when sitting around watching TV, but it is long in the tooth now. I may have to take a more serious look at a Chromebook now. Thanks for following up!

Open camping registration for Road America started today so I reserved my space for the IndyCar race. I already renewed my IMSA spot from last year so I'll be going there twice next year. :D

Now I just need to buy one of those canopy things so I can get out of the sun.

TB
Needed a new pair of shoes for the gym. Asics GEL-Scram 4

1011A045_020_0020000384_FR

I've never had a pair of Asics before. Hopefully they work out alright.
How is the tread on the bottom? Looks like it might be aggressive enough for hiking.

Open camping registration for Road America started today so I reserved my space for the IndyCar race. I already renewed my IMSA spot from last year so I'll be going there twice next year. :D

Now I just need to buy one of those canopy things so I can get out of the sun.
That canopy will be every bit worth its purchase price and then should you buy one. Those things are lifesavers for sure.

Well, I just turned 50 and I was not happy about it - I completely ignored my birthday. My GF knew this and ignored it as well, but she wasn’t going to let it lie. She gave me a couple of weeks to get used to being a half century, and then hit me with this yesterday evening.

ED4715FA-9DAF-4EFC-A778-752C2C60DBDA.jpeg

She is an absolute angel. I was totally gobsmacked. We went back to the dealer this morning and had it fitted properly.

To be honest I’m terrified of wearing it.

20181110_203502.jpg

Already have a meat thermometer but had been considering a probe so I don't have to open the oven or grill to check temps. For $20 today at Costco it was a no brainer.

And who doesn't need to time 4 things at once with a tiny white board, amiright?

Well, I just turned 50 and I was not happy about it - I completely ignored my birthday. My GF knew this and ignored it as well, but she wasn’t going to let it lie. She gave me a couple of weeks to get used to being a half century, and then hit me with this yesterday evening.

View attachment 779327

She is an absolute angel. I was totally gobsmacked. We went back to the dealer this morning and had it fitted properly.

Do tell more. 👍

View attachment 779327

Nice gift. Hey 50 can't be that bad it beats the alternative. Just behind you two years.

00sized.jpg

I never played Spyro as a kid, so I'm playing catchup and loving it. More importantly I bought tickets to see one of my absolute favourite bands, Avantasia in Australia next year. I never thought I'd be able to do that without flying to Europe or America. Also got Coheed & Cambria's new album on CD (I bought it digitally when it came out) and Floor Jansen's (from Nightwish) project thing she just released... And a 64GB USB to for music to listen to while driving (because I'm too cool for AUX, apparently).

cSIGCbwl.jpg

Better late than never.

My first ever pair of these.

Great looking shoe. However, I got less than 6 months out of my pair before they began to come apart. I did use them as cycle commuter shoes though so that might have reduced their life a little.

Great looking shoe. However, I got less than 6 months out of my pair before they began to come apart. I did use them as cycle commuter shoes though so that might have reduced their life a little.
I actually was under the impression that Stan Smiths wore down nicely and lasted for years.

At least that's what I remember from all my friends who got one of these.

Latest Posts

Back