Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
My purchase of yesterday was removed. Why? :odd:

Here it is again. I bought another 5 kg of Cashew nuts.

DSCN0008.JPG

Speak to one of the staff members.
Openly asking here wont really get you a response.

Otherwise are you sure it was posted and not in draft or the wrong section.
I wasn't expecting an answer. The "Why?" was only to show my confusion. A new purchase in a "show off your latest purchase" is the right thread. Yes, I'm sure I posted it. If I forgot to post it would have been in the window where I wrote the post and I didn't click "delete draft".

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't think I bought the cashew nuts yesterday because of my conversation with the @TheCracker about a nut addiction. Or he wasn't pleased that I tagged him in this thread when I bought another 5 kg cashew nuts. :P

Yep mods, I really did buy that 5 kg of cashew nuts yesterday, as a matter of fact, I went to the store to get the nuts, which I ordered the day before because they were not in stock, in between my posts with TheCracker about my so called nut addiction (which I don't have). :)

All is good, moving on and enjoying my cashew nuts (I haven't even got one cashew nut out of the 5 kg supply I got yesterday).

SVX
Which also happens to be my cheapest ever purchase, costing me...

View attachment 819599
...before you were charged 1000 JPY for the domestic shipping. :P

At least I was. After paying 1 JPY for a Kyosho 1/64 and thinking that I had got a bargain, it’s only after they contacted the seller and charged me the domestic shipping that I noticed I had to pay 800 JPY for the shipping. And it’s actually stated on the auction page before. That means I paid ~300(?) more than if I had bidded on another seller’s same item that was priced at around a few hundred yen.

Dumb me. :ouch:

...before you were charged 1000 JPY for the domestic shipping. :P

At least I was. After paying 1 JPY for a Kyosho 1/64 and thinking that I had got a bargain, it’s only after they contacted the seller and charged me the domestic shipping that I noticed I had to pay 800 JPY for the shipping. And it’s actually stated on the auction page before. That means I paid ~300(?) more than if I had bidded on another seller’s same item that was priced at around a few hundred yen.

Dumb me. :ouch:

Was 220 JPY for me, but I totally know what you mean. Quite a few of my purchases I've been thoroughly disappointed to see that I've paid more for the shipping (like, 1000 JPY+) than what I did for the item. One time I did, and it was literally just a slab of cardboard :boggled::irked:

SVX
Was 220 JPY for me, but I totally know what you mean. Quite a few of my purchases I've been thoroughly disappointed to see that I've paid more for the shipping (like, 1000 JPY+) than what I did for the item. One time I did, and it was literally just a slab of cardboard :boggled::irked:
Did the cardboard arrive in the warehouse earlier though? If it did then it’s slightly justified, but I still think you’re charged waaaaay too much. My ¥1 1/64 arrived several days earlier than another 1/64 of a similar size, and the shipping of the latter was just around a quarter of the former, so I think it’s kinda justified. It’s still useless to have it arrive so early though, because I eventually left both the cars in the warehouse for several more days before having them shipped. :lol:

...that’s only still a pack of beers. The prices I’ve seen on shipping for cheap goods from the U.K. makes my eyes water.

Is it eBay? I think these kinds of things happen more often there. I still remember being charged 10 Euros for shipping of an incomplete sheet of metal on eBay. It’s shipped from Austria, though, but when it arrived, the parcel was larger than I expected, and you’d have thought it has something larger inside instead.

Is it eBay? I think these kinds of things happen more often there. I still remember being charged 10 Euros for shipping of an incomplete sheet of metal on eBay. It’s shipped from Austria, though, but when it arrived, the parcel was larger than I expected, and you’d have thought it has something larger inside instead.

Yeah, eBay. I was buying scale models that weight sod all and the shipping from U.K. to Asian was about 5 times the product cost. It turned out to be cheaper to ship from Australia of all places.

And don’t get me started on the dildos I ordered from Germany...

I adulted.

20190511_164248.jpg

New cartridge for the kitchen sink. Better stop the leaking. Wet cabinet and bottles are getting old.

2 purchases today.

First, Hitman 2 Gold Edition on Steam.

7a8bf435f22bf19ef4878ce7c93e9ccb865d7db0.jpg

Then I pre-ordered F1 2019 Legends Edition, also on Steam.

RESIZED.png

*images from google*

Bought an 1st gen fatty PSX today it costed me about 33 euro's so i couldn't let it sit there. as you can see i did some grocery shopping as well.
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 20.11.43.jpeg

now my collection of playstations is complete (at least the ones which had an GT release)

needles to say i have some tidying up to do
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-13 at 20.12.03.jpeg

p.s. you should see the package I expect tomorrow....

One of these, a PowerA Xbox One wired controller for my computer. My rock candy X360 Controller I was using for pc play finally decided to stop working. It kept disconnecting and I got fed up with it. I'm probably going to buy an actual PC controller later on.
81EViq8VZNL._AC_.jpg

00CFD901-6955-42BC-A6CA-0CA6E586C38E.jpeg 12B0C3CC-1998-4759-9A33-67CE0BA123FF.jpeg
FAB4360E-1821-4A85-A480-5BB4CB7569B9.jpeg

A decent 1/76 buy. Advertised as pre-owned with a mark on the back. A dampened finger and the mark came off completely. Result. Another to the Hong king collection.

Well, my parents got me a PS4 slim as a gift for my birthday/graduation gift. So, I bought this.
The PS4 was also bundled with "Spiderman".
gtsport_newbox.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-17_22-20-54.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-17_22-20-54.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 8
Back