Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,307 comments
Dokio 100W solar panel and charge controller. Will be used to keep the leisure battery on my campervan topped up on longer trips.

61xUQ8c2ovL._AC_US1024_.jpg
Do these work so well? We do a lot of 2-3 day kayak/canoe trips with plans to do longer. The camp sites we tend to stop at are typically short on utilities. I've been working over a canoe design that will utilize solar, but I've not much looked into that aspect of it yet.

Yup, I bought it a couple days ago on Amazon for nearly $17. I knew I already liked it from playing Driveclub at my cousin's house once.
I also intend on buying the dlc packs, I already started download on all of the free ones.
Driveclub-Ps4-362903-Detail.jpg

Yup, I bought it a couple days ago on Amazon for nearly $17. I knew I already liked it from playing Driveclub at my cousin's house once.
I also intend on buying the dlc packs, I already started download on all of the free ones.

*Driveclub image*
Just remember that the servers will shut down in March 2020. ;)

It's been a very unfortunate month for my wallet. :(

It started simple enough:

images

I vaguely remember playing this back in the day, waiting to justify the PS3. So figured this was a good excuse to revisit it.

Then things started picking up. I lost my sunglasses to a particularly fighty wave in Costa Rica during our Christmas vacation. They weren't prescription, which was good at least. Finally planning on replacing them, I was shocked at the price to turn a normal pair of Raybans into prescriptions, so I explored other options. Happened into a Bailey Nelson, which is an Australian company that produces all its own frames. Thanks to a special deal, all in on two pairs (one sunnies, one regular), plus eye exam, plus my better half's coverage, I walked away only spending $111 on these:

Parker_Large_Suns_BNA961_C363_Side_1024x1024.jpg

Homer_OPT_BNA213_C363_Side_1024x1024.jpg

Then came the need for a summer wedding suit. I have one full suit, but it's a fairly standard gray. More importantly, it's from when I was 35lb heavier. I could get it tailored, but I found something a little less... conventional, on a recent trip to Montreal:

HV110D0769Z_RS01_1.jpg

It's from a Canadian company called Tristan, and I had already picked up a shirt from them on said Montreal trip in March:

HV010D2040Z_BL51_2.jpg

It works so well with the suit that I couldn't say no. Seriously, I tried every other colour but came back to this. Plus, the suit itself was on sale this past weekend. I figure I can use the pieces separately at least fairly regularly here in Toronto.

Finally, I bought a spring jacket. It's one I've wanted for years, and it finally came up for a price I couldn't refuse. No good pictures, so I'll have to take 'em myself at some point.

Since I'm on holiday in Spain these are perfect purchases. Ps the soon to be wife will drive me around today
IMG_20190524_161900.jpg

Yup and what an missed opportunity for constructive criticism.

I'm gonna be honest, Spanish mass produced beer is very, very meh. I'm not really a fan of Estrella and Cruzcampo is meh. I can't remember about San Miguel, I haven't drank that in a while. There's a few other brands that I'm not familiar with.

Have tried different beers now but haven't found anything really interesting not that the Heineken I had was interesting its kind of my last resort. Anyway had Estrella and San miguel and some brand I've forgotten but I'm far from impressed next beer run will probably consist of German weizners only.

I signed up to Reebok for info on release of these and they never got back to me. They look awesome.

It's nearly impossible to get releases like these on retail. I couldn't get them through Reebok either. Ended up winning them through an auction. Only paid like $20 over retail.

Latest Posts

Back