Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I got this
SPE-XR1475AU_3.jpg

One of these for the Outback since the old one was near stopped up and had bugs in it. :ill:
View attachment 816506
It gained 50 hp :dopey:

Did you also get a can of this stuff?
As you will need it since you're running a K&N on a subie, and the oil from these filters makes the MAF sensor cry.
Also not a bad idea to clean it when servicing the car.
SCA_394236_hi-res.jpg

I got this
SPE-XR1475AU_3.jpg

Did you also get a can of this stuff?
As you will need it since you're running a K&N on a subie, and the oil from these filters makes the MAF sensor cry.
Also not a bad idea to clean it when servicing the car.
SCA_394236_hi-res.jpg
I have some around cause my 944s MAF sensor got dirty quite often.

20190426_164433[1].jpg

"Nike Air Jordan 3 Tinker Air Max 1". The amount of accessories is only matched by the ridiculously long name on these.

hmmm.... accessories...

20190429_161153[1].jpg

20190429_153910[1].jpg

20190429_160229[1].jpg

Nike Air Jordan 4 OG Bred. Just got these on the mail a few minutes ago. I had to pay a bit of a premium to get these before the official release on May 4.

I am extremely happy... I got an OG pair, finally.

After 9 years of living a sedentary lifestyle I finally decided to get off my butt and get back into the gym. In the past I usually went to the gym with friends or sports teammates. But now that we're all adults with responsibilities things have changed.

I was in the market for a set of earbuds and was initially deadset on a pair of Bose Soundsport or Soundsport Free headphones because well, they're Bose. But after looking at several reviews and comparisons of various wireless earbuds, I decided to purchase the Jaybird Tarah Pro earbuds.

I've always preferred over the ear headphones but at the gym they're just too bulky and warm for my ears. I do not consider myself a diehard audiophile but I appreciate good sound quality. These earbuds have far exceeded my expectations in terms of sounds quality and comfort. 14 hours of battery life, passive noise cancelling and a host of other features are also a plus as well. The Tarah Pro suit my needs for listening to music while I am physically active. But for listening to music while sitting at home or on a plane, they will not replace the over the ear Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones I am patiently waiting for to go on sale.

20190430_152740.jpg

The missus was hit by shower head shrapnel last night, so I was to turn the wallet upside down again.

DSC_0596.JPG

Luckily they were on sale and now I have decent German quality instead the Chinese crap the builders put in.

And a plunger. Never had one, never needed one, but now I have one, I know I will need it one day.

TB
It only lasted a week?

Well the first lasted 0 days the next one lasted a week.

First one the trimmer attachment wouldn't go down so it may have broken in transit.
Got that replaced and yesterday went to use it the replacement one for the 2nd time, the shaver is making a horrid buzzing sound and the head is shaking.
Pop the trimmer head off and see that one of the gaskets has come out.

Just my luck.

Have to do the first lawn mowing of the season, and I remembered I needed a new line trimmer. My old Craftsman still works, but the NiCd batteries were shot. They or lithium replacements, but I would have to get a new charger as well. The cost would be more than a brand new trimmer, so I picked up this on the way home:

WG163_AngleRCMYK.jpg

Unfamiliar with the WORX brand, but a new trimmer with 2x 20V batteries and charger included for the price I paid, it was worth a try. It was either this or a Black and Decker, and that brand is very much hit-or-miss from my experience.

Have to do the first lawn mowing of the season, and I remembered I needed a new line trimmer. My old Craftsman still works, but the NiCd batteries were shot. They or lithium replacements, but I would have to get a new charger as well. The cost would be more than a brand new trimmer, so I picked up this on the way home:

WG163_AngleRCMYK.jpg

Unfamiliar with the WORX brand, but a new trimmer with 2x 20V batteries and charger included for the price I paid, it was worth a try. It was either this or a Black and Decker, and that brand is very much hit-or-miss from my experience.

I have a Black & Decker trimmer and it’s a bit of a miss.

I have a Black & Decker trimmer and it’s a bit of a miss.

Seems to be mostly their newer stuff that is a miss. My dad still uses (corded) B&D lawn tools from the 80's & early 90's.

Last edited:
Seems to be mostly their newer stuff that is a miss. My dad still uses (corded) B&D lawn tools from the 80's & early 90's.

How the hell are the brushes still good in those after this much time.
Or have the been replaced?

I have a corded model and while it does do a good job of trimming I had to modify the handle control because the spring was designed for Hercules apparently. I rigged it up with a bungee cord and from then on it was fine but that shouldn’t need to be done to a new product.

I still had an easier job with the petrol trimmer too; it was better balanced and 2 stroke exhaust always puts a smile on my face.

Well my ATH-A900X need new ear cups

s-l500.jpg

Since doing this mod a little annoyance has creep up.
The male plug his the shoulder since it sticks 2cm below the headphones.
Got a right angle plugged male to male jack
s.png

But since the cable is good before the break I will just solder the wires in and make it work like new,
Plus not a bad idea to have a spare male to male phone cable that is of good quality.
ss.png

Back