Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,315 comments
That's crazy. My range has de-leading soap in the bathrooms and that stuff melts off all the residue that gets in my hands. Washing with the regular bathroom soap gets your hands non-sweaty but the de-leading soap really gets all that stuff out from within your fingerprints. You see the suds darken and all the lead rinses off. Seems like it leaves you skin a shade lighter.

Now they just need to invent the same thing for golf grip grime.
Yeeaahhh, most army ranges dont even have bathrooms, just porta potties.

To be honest with you it is something that was recently been brought to my attention. Considering that I also have little ones at home, I'd rather be safe than sorry while still being able to enjoy firearms. The one thing I should have done prior to even making this purchase is having labs drawn to keep track of my blood lead levels. Just to be sure about this stuff not being some sort of gimmic.

Are you shooting mainly outdoors? I cannot remember if it was on a Forgotten Weapons, InRange, or maybe even on both of their Q&As, that someone asked the question about lead. I believe Ian had his blood tested and noted that there were not likely to be issues. The big caveat was that they primarily shoot outdoors and that makes it less of an issue. However, it was also noted that it is always a good idea to wash your hands and everything after shooting.

Yeeaahhh, most army ranges dont even have bathrooms, just porta potties.

Doesn't surprise me, that's the Army...lol

Are you shooting mainly outdoors? I cannot remember if it was on a Forgotten Weapons, InRange, or maybe even on both of their Q&As, that someone asked the question about lead. I believe Ian had his blood tested and noted that there were not likely to be issues. The big caveat was that they primarily shoot outdoors and that makes it less of an issue. However, it was also noted that it is always a good idea to wash your hands and everything after shooting.

I usually shoot outdoors but during the summer I usually go to an indoor range. I always wash my hands afterwards but usually with regular handwashing soap or Gojo (if available). Thanks for the heads up about the video, I'm gonna try to watch it.

This arrived a day early!

20200220_132744.jpg

I usually shoot outdoors but during the summer I usually go to an indoor range. I always wash my hands afterwards but usually with regular handwashing soap or Gojo (if available). Thanks for the heads up about the video, I'm gonna try to watch it.

I wish I remember which video it was on, but I do not. I can tell you it is likely older than roughly July 2019 because I am slowly making my way through Q&As.

EDIT: I found the video. I have no idea what the timestamp of the question is though.

I wish I remember which video it was on, but I do not. I can tell you it is likely older than roughly July 2019 because I am slowly making my way through Q&As.

EDIT: I found the video. I have no idea what the timestamp of the question is though.

Thank you so much for posting a link to the video. They go over the topic at 29:42. I usually don't watch Youtube videos this long but the dialogue in this video is very interesting.

Thank you so much for posting a link to the video. They go over the topic at 29:42. I usually don't watch Youtube videos this long but the dialogue in this video is very interesting.

Both InRange and Forgotten Weapons do Q&As monthly. They are good videos, but all of them tend to be around the hour mark. It is why I am so far behind on watching them.

TB
Just replaced the old microwave with a beast of a machine.

View attachment 894646

Panasonic NN-SN97HS

Now I can burn popcorn even faster!

we use a Panny Microwave Inverter Oven as our main cooking source. We have a regular oven but we only use the hob part.

Those Penny’s are fantastic bits of kit. 2 years strong and cooks meals for two or more every day.

ours is the Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ

DAB54CB7-5AEA-4348-A260-F3A75F31D467.jpeg

we use a Panny Microwave Inverter Oven as our main cooking source. We have a regular oven but we only use the hob part.

Those Penny’s are fantastic bits of kit. 2 years strong and cooks meals for two or more every day.

ours is the Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ

View attachment 895059
My very first thought was, that you bought a CRT TV.

Went for a small buying binge on Medieval Collectables.
mc36099.jpg figurine_dragon_anne_stokes_desert_dragon_d4517n9.jpg blue-dragon-on-watery-rock-3.jpg s-l1000.jpg temp.jpg

The helmet's a tad too big for me, given my lack of chainmail, but looks great on the shelf nonetheless. Its a bit out of place next to my Brodie and Stahl helmets, but will look more at home as the collection grows. I'm considering a German Sallet next.
As for the dragons, I'm always keeping an eye out for more, but unfortunately not many of the others on Medieval Collectables nor Amazon catch my eye. There's a nice purple one available on both sites, but I'm not a fan of the snout and mouth.
purple.jpg

Latest Posts

Back