Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,299 comments
That's where the lottery winnings went to.
I wish lol...
Anyway more stuff, a mix of both online purchases, flea market finds, and local hobby shops:

^ Both of those are slightly damaged Franklin Mint 1/24's that I found out a flea market. They are fairly easily repairable though (missing exhaust tips and mirror on the GTO, missing driver's side windshield wiper on the C5)

This weeks purchase.

5F3DE6FB-B1BF-4ED4-A4C7-C022D8F805CE.jpeg
9BB839DB-0E87-4A1D-B0DE-F4567DDF4340.jpeg

Ahh, pay day. Time to throw out some of that hard earned digital cash before it all goes to boring stuff like bills and necessities.
Went shopping on aquarium coops website and picked up the following.
20200820_122449.jpg
Should be enough to get my main tank planted and get my quarantine tank started. Saturday I'll be heading to Pruess Pets to get our first round of fish. Either a school of rainbows or angels. Then every two weeks for the next 2 or 3, ill pick up a few more fish, keep them in quarantine for two weeks, add them to the main tank and then get some more fish. I'll do this until the main tank is stocked. Then the last round will be the stock staying in the quarantine tank. That will become a show tank in my "office" and the tub I bought for just such reason will become the sick/quarantine tank. I can keep that empty and stored away until I pick up new fish or one gets sick somehow.

IMG_20200807_063355-01.jpeg

Bought the 18-105 f4 lens for my a6000 as a "do it all" lens. Used to carry a Minolta 50mm 1.4 from the 70s with me but it was very limiting and the manual focus made it hard to capture my friends in movement. So I lost the love for 500€ and got this.

I'm absolutely loving it.

View attachment 940620

Got some old junk to listen to music with. I don't even have cassette tapes to listen to, but I now own a tape deck. Mixtape anyone?

The rather sad looking speakers will likely be replaced when finances allow.
The receiver I also bought is not pictured as it is a champagne silver and must be shunned for not matching the other two pieces.

The rather sad looking speakers are on their last days, as I've just ordered a pair of these.
eddd2dc4a2c67682a3b3d167556d43c8_3x3.png

Got this just today. Promo cd of "Kiss My Country [you know what word goes here...]" by Rhett Akins. I normally don't like it when songs have bad words in the title, but I let this one slide because I grew up listening to this as a kid. Due to it being censored on the radio, I didn't even know it had that word until YEARS after it came out and I was already a big fan of it by then. Speaking of censored content, what really made me want to buy this was because it had the censored version in it, which has proven to be very difficult to find for me regardless of how I search for it. Knowing I can get both that and the original in high quality by ripping this CD, it's an instant win for me! 👍
IMG_E1308.JPG
IMG_E1309.JPG
IMG_E1310.JPG

The track lengths for the songs however are not what it says on the CD for some reason, they're actually longer than 4:07, but it's no big deal. I bought this song (original version) on iTunes a month ago thinking I would never find this CD, only to end up with it shortly after. :lol: Now I just need to find a way to make a digital scan of that cover since the only one I can find is low quality.

Last edited:
A new desktop - I bought this instead of getting a laptop since I'm going to be stuck at my parent's home for semester of college.

Specs - Intel Core i5 10400F 2.9GHz Processor; NVIDIA GTX 1660 Super 6GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 500GB SSD

624825_126540_01_front_zoom.jpg

A curved MSI gaming monitor. It should do the job. It's 1080p, though I feel 4k is a waste of pixels and processing power.

482607_395004_06_front_zoom.jpg

Camper Peu - I'll probably looked at weird for wearing these, but I don't give a ****. They're just plain old shoes, but they have nicely stitched nubuck leather and a pretty nice and wide toe box for my wide feet.
OIP.tdv0mNlv30tDQ-wcGV3yYQHaJJ

and finally, a replacement driver for the Audio Technica ATH M50xs that I haven't bothered fixing for the past five years. Considering I've just bought a gaming PC, I thought I'd finally get on top of that.

336392.jpg

Honestly, I don't even like spending money or getting new things. I just bought a computer, a really nice monitor and a pair of shoes and I feel pretty indifferent, as if it's not going to do anything in the long run. I guess I'm depressed, but maybe I'll feel better when I pick it all up.

Back