Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,344 comments
I think it would be best if you just gave me control of your money. :sly:

I don't know what happened. I'm usually so frugal financially responsible cheap. It's not compulsory by any means, but some of these shirts are too good to pass on. :lol:

I don't know what happened. I'm usually so frugal financially responsible cheap. It's not compulsory by any means, but some of these shirts are too good to pass on. :lol:
You mean frugal until you find either headphones or a shirt on sale at a good price (which seems to be often)? :lol:

TB
You only need, at most, 8 t-shirts. Any more than that is wholly unnecessary.

That didn't help any at all, did it?

...All things considered, I'll already have 10 once the other four ship out. I can stop anytime I want!

That, ladies and gentlemen, is textbook denial!

Speaking of denial, I swore I was done buying games for the foreseeable future, what with (at least) half a dozen sitting waiting to be played on PS3 and PS4. Yet here I am:

upload_2017-3-27_10-39-16.png upload_2017-3-27_10-39-48.png

Of course, in my rush to buy this, I just realized SLR Evo doesn't come with the Day One Edition content (Pikes Peak, Escudo, 205), so it doesn't really represent any savings over finding a physical copy. :(

It came to my attention that my good-to brand of oil filters, Fram, are getting some horrible reviews online, and since the only other quick option for my pickup are horrible blue AC Delco oil filters, I did some research and found these:

599-hp-3002.jpg

Nothing but positive reviews and available through my local parts shop. Only downside is a 2 week delivery time. Ah well. Ordered 2 of them.

I loved the original, I will love the remake even more.
header.jpg

It came to my attention that my good-to brand of oil filters, Fram, are getting some horrible reviews online, and since the only other quick option for my pickup are horrible blue AC Delco oil filters, I did some research and found these:

599-hp-3002.jpg

Nothing but positive reviews and available through my local parts shop. Only downside is a 2 week delivery time. Ah well. Ordered 2 of them.

What about OEM.

Dealership will give them and they are not too expensive.

New cycling helmet by U.S. based company Thousand:

helmet.jpg

It wasn't easy to find European retailer which ships these to Finland, but luckily there is one in UK. The search for new helmet was long - but as soon as I saw this "retro" influenced thing on their website I knew I wanted one. Yes, I know I will probably look like an idiot on my Colnago Impact hybrid - but at least one with some protection. The price was about 100€ including shipping, which is actually way less than I was prepared to pay for a cycling helmet.

A new(er) Impala... :D

20170329_180340.jpg

Traded in my 2007 LT 3.5 (with 100k miles) for this gorgeous 2013 LT 3.6 (50k miles).

My old Impala had maybe 200hp, with its drony OHV V6. I can definitely feel a huge difference since this car has the 306hp DOHC V6 in it. A lot smoother to drive, feels lighter and much faster (a lot, actually). Great bang for the buck, I must say.

I'm making a concerted (so punny) effort to go to events and stuff more often these days, I saw Halestorm in Cathedral Square here on New Years' Eve which was awesome, and just yesterday one of my other favourite bands announced that they're coming to NZ - albeit not Christchurch, but Auckland is good enough :) Presale tickets through Live Nation went on sale at 10am today and at 10:01 I was buying mine :lol:

upload_2017-3-31_20-26-43.png

upload_2017-3-31_20-29-36.png

Meet and greet :D Looking forward to this, only problem is it's still six months away!

c8qnDOXl.jpg

Anker BT 5W speaker. Beautiful square-proportions, and only $30.

Anker Ergnomic Wireless mouse. I stil have my Sanwa Supply but for some dumb reason it's not recognized on the Mac. This one has a thinner shape which requires a tighter clench unlike the Sanwa.

bpc.png

This is my last significant purchase, an Asus PG279Q. I didn't quite win the backlight bleed lottery but there are worse examples and I can forgive it anyway on account of what it does right; 1440p, 144Hz (overclockable to 165Hz but I don't see the need), G-sync and it's a nice size, and the stand is great too - I have the LEDs turned off because I'm not 14, though.

I first ordered one back in January but it was out of stock and they didn't get more in when they said they would, so rather than play that game I cancelled the order and got a Vive and a GTX 1080 instead, but then I was using a GTX 1080 to power a 1080p 60Hz monitor like some sort of pleb. Naturally this was the only solution! No regrets, and I fully recommend G-sync (or FreeSync) to anyone considering a monitor with that capability, it makes an absolutely enormous difference even at 60Hz.

In looking for a way to power 3 devices with only a duplex receptacle behind a wall mounted TV for a future project, I noticed that the TV has a USB port. A quick test revealed that it is powered when the TV is on so there's one problem solved with this:
81DXRCv6EqL._SL1500_.jpg

At $5, it's a lot cheaper and easier than adding another receptacle.

Now to put in an order for the expensive part of the project...

Edit: Didn't waste any time with that. :lol:

Screenshot_2017-04-01-16-16-21.png

Both the Bolt and the Mini were purchased. The Mini is going behind the wall mounted TV, the Bolt is going in the entertainment center downstairs.

Last edited:
jfvh2p.png

Finally caved in and bought the latest CK II expansion. Mainly bought it because the Game of Thrones mod was updated to be compatible with the patch that comes with this.

TB
Edit: Didn't waste any time with that. :lol:

View attachment 638575

Both the Bolt and the Mini were purchased. The Mini is going behind the wall mounted TV, the Bolt is going in the entertainment center downstairs.

Just make sure when they deliver it, they send one that hasn't been sat on like the pic.

Some knee pads, IXS Flow. Intend to ride up on the moors when the weather starts getting warmer and it's very rocky around there and I don't fancy broken knees!

Not my pic

ixs-flow-knee-pads-7022.jpg

Back