Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
What size are your tyres @W3HS?
Going by that pic they will do up to a 25, probably be fine with a 28 which I can't imagine your tyres being wider than that.

What size are your tyres @W3HS?
Going by that pic they will do up to a 25, probably be fine with a 28 which I can't imagine your tyres being wider than that.

I have 28s luckily so there shouldn't be an issue with them expanding into the tyre. I'm not sure what the correct pressures should be with this combo so I'll run them at 80psi for now and see how they go.

Side note, I was on my way into town to pick up these bits when I saw a sign less than 2km into my ride that said "Bicycle Bistro", thought it was worth a look and low and behold a cafe/ high end bike shop/ pub bar nestled away in a new commercial development. I could have blown a fortune in there but luckily I only had enough for what I bought above and a few small beers.

@Mike Rotch, is your next post in this thread going to be some awful Harley that will be garaged 10 months of the year? ;)

80psi in a 28 should be fine. 👍
All depends on body weight but that's about what I run in 25's.

You've broken the unbreakable. Can't complain though after 9 years. 👍

Considering I neglected to service it once it still spun like the day I got it. The freehub was wobbly and the cassette was practically welded to the body because it'd dug in so much but those can be fixed with spares. If I had the funds I wouldn't hesitate to go with 240s again, I absolutely love them.

I know Hopes though too so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Pro4s compare to Pro2s.

Finally this year I am going to work on redoing the exterior landscaping in the back yard. Previous owners put in bricks stuck in the ground at a diagonal, and I've hated them since moving in. Most have either been knocked loose and out of alignment, or come out of the ground completely.

After looking aroun, I found this rubber Ecoborder stuff at Home Depot, decided to give it a try:
41qLz%2Bx3geL.jpg

Sold in 4ft sections, ended up ordering 240ft. Wasn't cheap, but it is good quality, durable, flexible and easy to install compared to other types of landscaping.

Also had to order one of these:

tivo-mini.png

The Mini I have already died this week, likely hard drive failure.

Been waiting to contribute to this thread. Picked these up today on sale; Persol PO3048S. Acetate frame, crystal polarized lenses, handmade in Italy. Pretty fancy, now I'll never wear my other shades lol.

F2Y5FQM.jpg

TB
Just signed up for this:

CYCLOTHON.png

Should be fun, provided the weather cooperates. For those interested, here's the route I'll be riding. The red one, not the blue.

I see they had to get creative in order to reach the 26.2 mile mark. :lol:

I see they had to get creative in order to reach the 26.2 mile mark. :lol:
When you're starting in north Fargo and going further north, there really aren't that many options. It's not like there area streets every block! Doubly so if you also want to include Moorhead because now you need a route that has two bridges over the river. :lol:

Well that's not a morbid thought at all.

Especially with idiots driving through crouds being a real thing and all.

I see your cyclothon is advertised as having beer, @TB. Is that extra incentive? (Or do I remember you saying you don't like beer?)

I see your cyclothon is advertised as having beer, @TB. Is that extra incentive? (Or do I remember you saying you don't like beer?)
Depends on the kind but for the most part, no, I can't stomach beer. Cider, on the other hand...

enzo-who-III-detail_grande.png

There were quite a few shirts in this past weekend's sale that I wanted (like the shirt with Senna's helmet, for example) but I only snagged this one. I think I'm getting a handle on this. :D

Last edited:
TB
815EJb22NoL._SY355_.jpg

More biking stuffs. :D

Much better, being able to clip into pedals is one of the most significant upgrades you can make performance wise. 👍
Good choice with those in that you can wear normal shoes if you so desire also, are you going to use the clip side and if so do you have shoes yet?
If so just remember you need MTB shoes and cleats for those not road cleats.

do you have shoes yet?
If so just remember you need MTB shoes and cleats for those not road cleats.
The pedals come with the cleats and I verified that the shoes (special order because wide feet) are compatible with SPD clips.

Shoes should be in in about 2 weeks so just in time for the ride so I don't look like a complete idiot. :lol:

TB
just in time for the ride so I don't look like a complete idiot. :lol:

Or a complete idiot if you forget to unclip at some traffic lights and topple over. :lol:

Of course I've never done that. :dopey:

Back