Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,344 comments
upload_2017-4-4_8-5-53.jpeg

Boring but necessary.

aca0d4.jpg

Just about as funny as me purchasing a MCR CD. TAKE A WILD GUESS WHAT SONG I BOUGHT THIS FOR.

(Also, you now know my first name. Way to go me.)

(Also, take another wild guess what my other purchase was. Hint: It was the Sims 2 Double Deluxe. Bought it new because apparently after talking to Origin support, you can still get a Sims 2 Ultimate Edition download to your account with proof of ownership of the game. Now to wait on my password reset.)

Last edited:
TB
I see a lens, not a keyboard.

And I thought I was getting old and senile. :P

There is a Filco logo just at the top :P

But I might also just being losing track of reality here and there. I'll just have to channel my inner Walter Bishop more.

I know that as well. :lol:

He bought the last one and the leftovers were only available in large which are just *that* side of being too small for me.

@Azuremen That's a Majestouch, no?

Yeah, Majestouch Tenkeyless on Blues. Me rambling about this thing is what prompted you to begin your insane quest for the perfect keyboard :lol:

Yeah, Majestouch Tenkeyless on Blues. Me rambling about this thing is what prompted you to begin your insane quest for the perfect keyboard :lol:

Which dragged me in because of his stupid want for SO MANY MECHANICAL KEYBOARDS.

And I regret nothing. :lol:

I still want to pick up a Model M and a few others...

And I regret nothing. :lol:

I still want to pick up a Model M and a few others...

I have two Model M keyboards hanging from my wall - one blue label, one white label.

What in God's name is that abomination? Makes my hands hurt just looking at it! :boggled::indiff::ill:

It's actually really comfortable to type on, just not practical for gaming or my workflow in Adobe products. The bowl shape means you don't have to awkwardly stretch your fingers out as you type, assuming you have proper tying method and not some horrible hunt and peak hybrid method.

Though I need to break my habit of using my middle finger to hit backspace. Or I just need to remap caps lock to backspace again because that makes a whole lot more sense...

Those of you who questioned my sanity when I got the VW back in June were right. But huzzah! VW and VW credit are out of my life! And I actually liked the car.

I traded in the Jetta yesterday. I loved the engine, adored the gas mileage and trunk space, was lukewarm about the transmission, and hated the finance company. I have been financing cars since 2009. I have never missed a payment. Ever. VW Credit drove me nuts. They reported a higher payment than my contract to my mortgage loan officer, which goofed up a house transaction. Then they deleted my payment history. And later my statement history. Then they said I was past due. How can one be past due from VW's own autopay? Transferring registration from one state to another was a nightmare. I had been pondering trading out of the damn thing for at least two months.

Then I got an alert from Transunion last week that my credit report changed. VW reported my payment as $454. Contract was signed for 389 Then they tried this "the contract payment amount doesnt matter, it's the base payment that matters" nonsense. But the document they sent listing my payment history that had been deleted only had one payment for the base payment (from the base payment clause which is never supposed to change) of 361. Why couldn't they bill me the base payment I agreed to if that was the most important number on the contract? "Not our fault. You can talk to customer care if you want." A formal complaint was filed - against the dealer. It was about all I could do. I told the nice gentleman at Customer care that I wanted the dealer to explain just what in the hell was going on because VW credit refused to do so. Dealer was supposed to contact me by the end of the day Tuesday. Like clockwork I got calls from corporate at 5pm asking if the dealer had called me to discuss how they could resolve the issue and any questions I had, because they could get it sorted out. Today, corporate called. "I'm just checking to see if the dealer contacted you to try and fix the issues you're having." "Sorry, sir. They have made no attempt whatsoever. I am going to do whatever I can to get VW Credit out of my life."

I had found a listing for a 2014 Mazda 3. It had high miles, but the price was right. And with an 820 FICO, I didn't really care. They worked with me on my trade. The bank wanted more than I was comfortable with putting down. But.. a new vehicle gave more wiggle room. Just as long as it was no more than 389 and I was owning the thing and not leasing.
They got the numbers to work.

Behold. My new steed. Name tentative. (toss-up between Ziva and Tirzah) Ziva Zoom Zoom or Ziva the Zippy have a ring to them. 2017 Mazda 3 sport 5 door. I could have saved $15 a month for a white sedan with steelies.

unnamed.jpg

This car is a revelation to drive. The gearbox is magic. The engine sings.

Zoom Zoom baby.

Behold. My new steed. Name tentative. (toss-up between Ziva and Tirzah) Ziva Zoom Zoom or Ziva the Zippy have a ring to them. 2017 Mazda 3 sport 5 door. I could have saved $15 a month for a white sedan with steelies.

Out of curiosity, did you get one with the Preferred Equipment Package and what color did you get?

upload_2017-4-6_13-37-27.png

Three VIP tickets for May 4 (Star Wars Day!). A birthday gift from us to my sister. Should be fun to see it in such a tiny room... with beer.

Last pump was cheap and didn't work well, mini pump isn't kind on the valves so I bought this one with a gauge which was neither cheap nor expensive but the quality feels good.

images

And of course something for it to work on. 2x Maxxis Welter Weight 700c tubes which I don't know will fit because I didn't check the box properly in the shop and they may be a bit on the narrow side (although the internet assures me it'll be fine).

images

Last edited:
Back