Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,251 comments
Extra kit:

IMG_0485.jpg

Be careful with heat and water, but more so with heat.

The connection to the digitizer and LCD screen is under the front camera lens and to the right of the "g" in Samsung.

Excess heat will loosen said wire and result in the dreaded pink line right down the right side if the phone... which is what I have right now. :grumpy:

If you press hard on the spot it will fix the problem temporarily but more lines will show up later down the road because of the applied pressure.

Regarding the mic pop in videos, I've never had any problems (and I've put this phone through hell). If it really bothers you, get it checked out, and so some research.

Also, nice colour choice! Team gold!

Did you update to Nougat?
Hey thanks for the response. Regarding the pink line, I am always very careful with my phone for the most part. I never sit it in direct light that may have a significant heat coming from it. I suppose the most heat it gets is when it is in my pocket or in heavy use. I have the tempered glass protector on it because the store gave it to me for free. I also got an otter box defender from amazon to put on it myself. (I took it to the store and the lady assure me that it be fine to do that.) It makes the case fit quite snug as the glass protector is pretty thick itself. It pushes down pretty significantly where you said it is bad for. So if this ever happens to me, I am blaming the lady at the store. No doubt about that.

As for the popping sound when recording videos, I have done a bit of research on it. A lot of people say this is very common with this phone. Even right out of the box. Some people say that it is an electronic issue of some sort in the phone. They say the solution is to record a very long video using the phones video recorder and it will "burn in" the electronic fuse or whatever the hell it is called. Some people say just to restart the phone or the camera app. Blah blah, nothing has worked. It was past my 2 weeks of being able to return the phone/get it fixed by the time I realized it was a serious problem. I didn't use the camera feature much for those two weeks and when I did I thought it was my thumb or something else hitting the microphone making that popping noise. Turns out that is not exactly the case which sucks.

TB
After two and a half years of nearly every day wear, my work boots grew a hole by my pinky toe so I replaced them.

With the exact same boots. :P

Hey, I do that too. I know what I like workwear-wise, why go changing it up if you don't have to?

After my positive experience with the Slik Sprint Pro II as a lightweight tripod, I decided to get a Slik Able 300dx for the RB67. For $100, I have a 5kg capacity and about 160cm fully extended. Really pleased with the quality for the price, although it does weight 2.5kgs.

L12414529.jpg

Have you had a chance to test this in the rain yet? I'm after a decent waterproof jacket and really like the look of this one.

Not yet in pouring rain. It was coping well with a small shower. Surprisingly it only rained on Sunday morning and we were sitting on the main grandstand by that point. The jacket keeps the wind out pretty decent, but can feel cold if you only wear a T-shirt under it in cold windy conditions. I also think it looks fab :)

Bought a Linx Vision 8 tablet earlier this month, good to have a more portable computer...

Linx Vision 8 Tablet.png

Received a PS4 Slim today and an extra controller. Didn't know they had revised the Slim (2100 Series), hopefully for the better. Only difference I can find on the Internet is weight has been reduced by about 100g, also coming out next week in Japan officially (White Version). Hopefully my one runs cool and quiet, got unlucky with my Xbox One S which has got an annoying fan sound. Will find out Soon™. Don't do much gaming anyway so probably won't matter much, more items to collect dust. :dopey:
PS4 CUH-2116A.jpg

Went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with my family and bought some old games from a awesome place called "Player's Choice" at Myrtle Beach Mall. It's like a much better version of Gamestop, but has a lot of old games there along with new ones. Even better, they have a $5000 repair machine they put the games through before selling them to insure they will work and you can also have them fix ones you own for only $3 a game. If anyone ever goes to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, I highly recommend checking this place out! 👍

Anyways, the first day I went I took the top two to be cleaned and I bought Crash Bandicoot 3 while I was there!
image.jpeg
Played Dukes of Hazzard Racing for Home back in January, it only worked to a certain point before freezing and "Racing" has never worked at all since my brother got it back in 2003, so that was why I got them fixed. As for Crash 3, although I bought this game on PSN years ago and never played it, I still bought it anyways because I prefer physical copies for multiple reasons. Now I have physical copies of all 3 of the original titles!

Got to go back again 2 days later to pick up the games I had them clean. I went fast the first time and was disappointed, so I took it slow and found a lot more this time around!
image.jpeg
I considered buying Star Wars Episode I the first time, but I didn't get it and I regretted it, so I made sure I bought it this time! Nascar 2001 was a game we used to borrow from my cousin long ago. While I generally don't care for NASCAR games, this game holds some memories, it has a fantasy track I want to recreate and it was only $1.95, so why not? :dopey: Ironically I bought Test Drive Offroad 2 last year and loved it. Then I got Wide Open a year later! :D

Haven't played any of them yet, but I'm about to! Overall, I am quite satisfied! :)

Last edited:
The Blu-Ray player I have out in the garage buffers Netflix for five seconds and plays for one, takes forever to load a disk and in general is a piece of crap. I came across this one on Craigslist, did a bit of looking (it's still for sale on Amazon for $128 :scared:) and reviews fantastically, for $20 I was in.
51ZQVCuJu4L._SL1200_.jpg

TB
The Blu-Ray player I have out in the garage buffers Netflix for five seconds and plays for one, takes forever to load a disk and in general is a piece of crap. I came across this one on Craigslist, did a bit of looking (it's still for sale on Amazon for $128 :scared:) and reviews fantastically, for $20 I was in.
51ZQVCuJu4L._SL1200_.jpg
That's a really hot looking Blu-Ray player. I mean really hot.

Snagged this after the clock had already hit zero but I'm not complainin'.

Air-Spooled-detail_grande.png

Why did this make me want to go to that site, and why did I scroll through 29 pages of shirts, and why did I find a few I liked?

This is going to get expensive...quickly...

480px-Rocket_League_coverart.jpg

For PC, although I'm sure most people play on either PS4 or Xbox. :irked:
At least you could play with both Playstation or Xbox players at the same time. Cross play FTW :)

Logitech G29 steering wheel
View attachment 662589View attachment 662590
I took the first picture before i install the shifter on. I just bought this right on time for pcars2, NASCAR heat 2, and GT Sport.:D
Nice :)
I would like to get that wheel stand for my DFGT since I find our tables to be too low and annoying to use.

64 of these:

2029918-007.jpg

Dual thread lug nuts, 32 for me, for when I finish collecting the parts for the pickup, so that I can fit my new wheels, and 32 for my dad as he wants the more modern centercaps on his pickup too.

Back