Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,344 comments
I decided to buy a shirt in support of my hometown team for when I go to Road America for the IMSA race.

3600_32_hr.jpg

(Not my pic, obviously)

I haven't posted on this thread for a while, and between some clothing and stuff, this one makes me really happy, I bought a whole bunch of watch parts, including:
  • 2 3D printed bezels in PLA with carbon fiber reinforcement and a 3D printed dial in PLA
  • A sapphire glass
  • Bracelet
  • Miyota 8N24 skeleton movement with everything I need to mount it included
  • Hour, minute and second hands
  • Extra screws
  • Gastkets and o-rings
P_20180610_112439.jpg

I pre-ordered the first of 3 games I'm looking forward to.

250664.jpg

Farming Sim 19 and Red Dead Redemption 2 are the other 2.

I may have lost my mind

2007 Mazda5 with 5 speed manual
The M3 needed a break after 7 years of daily service and I needed something more practical. Wanted a hatch but I can sleep in this and the price was very right for a single owner vehicle of this age. Drives like a tall Mazda3 so can still enjoy driving while I slowly go over the M3.

Got this the other day, a back light kit for Gameboy Advance something it should have had from the start. Came with a glass lens to replace the old plastic one, a GBA SP screen, two screwdrivers to open it since it uses tri wing screws and a ribbon cable adapter to allow the back light to function. I considering trying this once years ago, but I was too intimidated to do it, but I decided to look at it again and it was easier than I thought.
IMG_2716[1].JPG

Followed this tutorial and this one and it works! I have to admit, I had some trouble, but I eventually got it! :)
IMG_2726[1].JPG

Much to my surprise, it's considerably brighter than the SP and pictures don't do it justice!
IMG_2727[1].JPG

Some think buying a back light kit for the original GBA is pointless when you already have an SP or could go buy one instead and at the surface I can see that, but I have issues with the SP that don't exist on the original. Rewind back to when I was 10 years old, it was perfect, I had no issues with it and for a long time I preferred it. Now, at the age of 25, I've played it plenty since last year and my hands are bigger now than they used to be and it's not very comfortable anymore, especially when I play GB or GBC games. Combined with the lack of earphone jack, it just puts me off from wanting to use the SP anymore and you don't truly understand it until you've played it as much as I have. The original is much more comfortable to me, it has an ear phone jack and with this back light, it's awesome!

Crazy thing is, me and my cousin used to have the most pitiful arguments when were really young about which was better and 15+ years later, I actually find myself agreeing with him. :boggled:

Last edited:
TB
@Phoenix - for that kind of budget, any reason you didn't opt for a receiver and speakers?
Yes. A few.

Firstly, the price. While receiver and speakers could hold their own, I doubt I would be satisfied with anything within that same price range. I work in an electronics store and we test different Hi-Fi and soundbars everyday.

Secondly, it will fit perfectly into our new place, and it gives very good sound, with minimal space taken. It also looks quite good.

Thirdly, I don't want any police at my doorstep for scaring the neighbours when watching action movies. :lol: A hifi system that I want would do that. :sly: Hell, even the receiver I want, cost almost the same as the HW-K960. :dopey:

Later on, if/when we eventually get a house for ourselfs, i'd trade it out for a good Hi-Fi system. 👍

Also, remember these prices are with +25% VAT included. So outside Norway it would be alot cheaper.

60GB Original PS3 with PS2 backwards compatibility

It’s huge, didn’t expect it to be so big. But I’m happy I finally got the OG PS3 console with the PS2 backwards compatibility. Happy days!

Yeah it is quite a huge and heavy thing.

Surprised you found one that is still in working order (unless you got it boxed new). Can't be many 60GB's left that haven't had YLOD. Mine finally got the yellow light 10 years after I bought it. Haven't been able to fix it so it's waiting to hopefully see another day.

Yeah it is quite a huge and heavy thing.

Surprised you found one that is still in working order (unless you got it boxed new). Can't be many 60GB's left that haven't had YLOD. Mine finally got the yellow light 10 years after I bought it. Haven't been able to fix it so it's waiting to hopefully see another day.
I think some of the components of the system has been changed. Something about the termal paste, because it’s silent when running games and from what I heard they where quite noisy. Or I’m just assuming things lol. But it seems to be in very good condition, it’s quiet and I’m taking extra care of it to make sure it’ll last. So far, it’s running better than my 2011 320GB Slim PS3. A lot smoother and crashes less.

I think the guy before me has changed some of the components to make it last, I hope so anyways lol! I’m not running any game that came out after late 2010 on it as well. I’m mainly just using it for PS1, PS2 and early PS3 games. Not risking updating GT6 on it, it’ll kill it :lol: whether it’s had stuff changed or not, not taking that risk :lol: If it’s still in excellent Working condition in 2018, it must be a decent one. Let’s hope!

5 Liters of IPA as I always need this stuff
While normally I get 1 liter bottles and they last me 6months, the place I am buy from is closing down so I bought a 5 liter bottle so i can always have it until I find a cheap supplier.

I also bought 1 liter of Hydrogen Peroxide(50%).
I was planning on getting some volume 40 creme from a hair salon but that stuff is around 25% if that.
Just need to find some arrowroot or Xanthan Gum

Back