Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments
Has anyone got a Playseat Evolution or challenge??

I was going to get a playseat challenge, largely for portability, as I play in the kids playroom at night when they are in bed, so I have to get my wheel out of there so they dont trash it in the day.

I was wondering how easy to move the Evolution was, it looks so much more comfortable etc, but no point in me getting it, if its really difficult to move around.

Thanks

I just went through the same decision process you are going through. I really needed something that could be stored or moved around with little trouble.
I almost made the mistake of getting the Playseat Evolution or Revolution but I talked to @Scaff and he convinced me the Playseat Challenge is what I needed and that I would be very happy with it. He was absolutely right because it's a great setup that can be easily moved and stored.
It's comfortable too as I've spent a few 6 hour sessions in the Playseat Challenge.

Has anyone got a Playseat Evolution or challenge??

I was going to get a playseat challenge, largely for portability, as I play in the kids playroom at night when they are in bed, so I have to get my wheel out of there so they dont trash it in the day.

I was wondering how easy to move the Evolution was, it looks so much more comfortable etc, but no point in me getting it, if its really difficult to move around.

Thanks
So i had the Challenge and now have the Alcantara Evolution

Do i miss the playseat challenge, Yes.. extremely comfortable and easy to pack up and put somewhere, Alot lighter than the Evolution..

I do like the Evolution, but its not as comfortable as the challenge (its not uncomfortable) and i prefer the pedal set up (placing pedals at an angle). I have the T3pa pedals with it... and its not very easy to move about... chunky and heavy

I dont think you can go wrong with the Challenge 👍

I do like the Evolution, but its not as comfortable as the challenge (its not uncomfortable) and i prefer the pedal set up (placing pedals at an angle). I have the T3pa pedals with it... and its not very easy to move about... chunky and heavy

I forgot to mention the pedal setup so I'm glad you did.
At first I didn't care for the way the pedals mounted to the Playseat Challenge. After seeing other people's sim setups I thought they could have done a much better job in the area.
But once I started using the Playseat Challenge I discovered the brilliant design behind the pedal mount. If you use a 3 pedal setup and your not going to use the clutch for a race you can slide the whole pedal Mount to one side making it much easier to use the gas and brake pedals only because they will now be aligned straight ahead and the clutch pedal will be off to the side and out of your way.

If you want to use the clutch then just slide the whole mount back over. It's a great simple but very effective design not a lot of people mention.

Do i miss the playseat challenge, Yes.. extremely comfortable and easy to pack up and put somewhere, Alot lighter than the Evolution..

With my playseat challenge I got some 1x1 and stacked them together til I had the angle I wanted then set them under the pedal plate.

Just bought this beauty off of a '09 Mazda3 from a junkyard over the weekend. Only $15, what a steal. Cleaned it up a bit, shampooed the upholstery. Now I just need to mount it to the aforementioned rig.

View attachment 813186

20190414_134453.jpg

20190414_172753.jpg

20190414_194454.jpg

Got my Mazda seat bolted on and mounted my old TV. Just needs a good coat of paint.

Now this is definitely going to make me 2 seconds faster, right?

Last edited:

I just went through the same decision process you are going through. I really needed something that could be stored or moved around with little trouble.
I almost made the mistake of getting the Playseat Evolution or Revolution but I talked to @Scaff and he convinced me the Playseat Challenge is what I needed and that I would be very happy with it. He was absolutely right because it's a great setup that can be easily moved and stored.
It's comfortable too as I've spent a few 6 hour sessions in the Playseat Challenge.

Cheers guys, much appreciated. Challenge ordered. (along with a new TV erm, for the kids!! :lol:)

My DIY woodworking effort. I started off with an office chair, and the bit with the pedals had a bar across the back for two of the chair's wheels to sit against, to stop the chair from moving back. I decided I wanted a more stable seat, so got the GT Omega seat and made the rear part to fit against the existing front part. I'm not sure if it has made me any faster, but it feels better to be sat in a more stable position.
gtomegaseatsimrig .jpg

Yeah I mean I'm really enjoying the game so far.

I'll see what the best price in Australia is for the playseat challenge... still wondering about that middle post though..

I wanted a more stable seat, so got the GT Omega seat and made the rear part to fit against the existing front part. I'm not sure if it has made me any faster, but it feels better to be sat in a more stable position.
One of the best way to get faster is to make your setup as stable and comfortable as possible. Any time you spend thinking about your rig is time you're not spending focusing on your driving.

Do not blame the game if you do not enjoy it, play it the way it was meant to be played :D

Well... the game can be blamed, for me it's also one off the worst GT games, netcode of personalized lobbies full of bugs, problems and missing options like singlemake or qualy session.

Sport mode with a penalty system that allows cheating and is quite broken,no long races and Daily races are gone.

AI level is really low and quite some crazy in some races of GT league.

FFB on wheels is below competence Sims available on console.

The best for me from the game the scapes mode and custom livery editor and even if it's easy,the original campaign mode is more fun than GT league.

It's really the GT game which I have less hours on..and I was a huge fan since the first GT game back on PS1.
Hopefully the next GT got it all spot on .

Offtopic finished... here goes my "cockpit" for simracing ( GT included even if it's the less played), it a T150 Pro mounted on a playseat Challenge and the last incorporation is the TH8A shifter.
All easily folded in 2 minutes after the racing fun

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190704120646043_COVER.jpg

Well... the game can be blamed, for me it's also one off the worst GT games, netcode of personalized lobbies full of bugs, problems and missing options like singlemake or qualy session.

Sport mode with a penalty system that allows cheating and is quite broken,no long races and Daily races are gone.

AI level is really low and quite some crazy in some races of GT league.

FFB on wheels is below competence Sims available on console.

The best for me from the game the scapes mode and custom livery editor and even if it's easy,the original campaign mode is more fun than GT league.

It's really the GT game which I have less hours on..and I was a huge fan since the first GT game back on PS1.
Hopefully the next GT got it all spot on .

Offtopic finished... here goes my "cockpit" for simracing ( GT included even if it's the less played), it a T150 Pro mounted on a playseat Challenge and the last incorporation is the TH8A shifter.
All easily folded in 2 minutes after the racing fun

View attachment 834959

Mine was a tongue in cheek sarcastic response 👍

Any recommendations for a replacement seat for the playseat? Need something more comfortable that’s not real expensive

Looks really cool, but why would they leave all that stuff behind?

I’m guessing they didn’t have room or they didn’t want to deal with taking it all down.

I know nothing about projectors but it looks kind of old to me, and they didn’t use it much anyway. I don’t think they had the sound system quite figured out either, judging by how they left everything.

Any recommendations for a replacement seat for the playseat? Need something more comfortable that’s not real expensive

View attachment 814564
View attachment 814566
View attachment 814565

Got my Mazda seat bolted on and mounted my old TV. Just needs a good coat of paint.

Now this is definitely going to make me 2 seconds faster, right?

My junkyard Mazda seat is very comfortable and only $15. Will need some fab work tho if you plan to fit it to an existing rig

Back