Show us your stuff

I already shared this in the Snail main thread, but thought I would post a couple pics of our setups here as well. . The red and black is the wife's( @CdnSweetTee ) rig and the other is mine.

Race Room.jpg
Trinas Rig.jpg
Darrens Rig.jpg

Last edited:
Just a shot in the dark here, but Fender fan? :lol::lol:

Thats sick man!!!

Juuuuuuust....a bit of a Fender fan. I used to collect flying Vs, so several Jacksons and Charvels hanging around. Toured with 2 punk bands and a metal band for years, then gave it up to enter the corporate world and get an actual paycheck (though I'd never trade my days on the road!) It's tough to believe, but I was a metal head and played with some major acts over the years...

Last edited:
I already shared this in the Snail main thread, but thought I would post a couple pics of our setups here as well. . The red and black is the wife's( @CdnSweetTee ) rig and the other is mine.

View attachment 987938 View attachment 987939 View attachment 987940

Thats so awesome, showed it to my wife as we want to set up something similar!
Juuuuuuust....a bit of a Fender fan. I used to collect flying Vs, so several Jacksons and Charvels hanging around. Toured with 2 punk bands and a metal band for years, then gave it up to enter the corporate world and get an actual paycheck (though I'd never trade my days on the road!) It's tough to believe, but I was a metal head and played with some major acts over the years...

For those who like it heavy. I recommend tracks 3 & 5, but I enjoy the whole album. My awful vocals at the end of track 3, lol

Edit: I haven't shown my basses yet, which is what I played in all three of those bands. That's for another day!!

I'm definitely checking that out!!! Also you are far cooler now that I know you play bass, cool people play bass, guitar is lame :lol::lol::lol:

I played in a few local metal acts but my bands have become softer in my 20's :lol::lol:

Once we get some better recordings together Ill post some up, the pandemic ****ed us hard this past year with our recording seesions and tour being canned :(:(

Thats so awesome, showed it to my wife as we want to set up something similar!

I'm definitely checking that out!!! Also you are far cooler now that I know you play bass, cool people play bass, guitar is lame :lol::lol::lol:

I played in a few local metal acts but my bands have become softer in my 20's :lol::lol:

Once we get some better recordings together Ill post some up, the pandemic ****ed us hard this past year with our recording seesions and tour being canned :(:(

We need a session....same with the lighter stuff myself. I play mostly blues around the house now, some classic rock and jazz. I've definitely softened as well. I actually play around 20 instruments, been playing piano since I was 4 and was classically trained. Originally was going to school for music until the band got signed..."where did the money go?" Lol

Looks like I'm dragging some gear to Canada!!

We need a session....same with the lighter stuff myself. I play mostly blues around the house now, some classic rock and jazz. I've definitely softened as well. I actually play around 20 instruments, been playing piano since I was 4 and was classically trained. Originally was going to school for music until the band got signed..."where did the money go?" Lol

Looks like I'm dragging some gear to Canada!!

Hell yah man!! @Moby45 plays drums so we got the ARL Band ready to go :lol::lol::lol: I think its a natural progression to get more mellow as you get older lol

jeeeeesus thats wild, I play no where near that, Trumpet was my first instrument, played percussion for a bit, then took up bass, added piano and synth to that, and now in my main band I play bass, cello, sing and adding a synth soon since my Korg is broken atm.

Hell yah man!! Got a decent jam space up here so come on by!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

right on. My wife is racing in Snail currently and I’m hoping to bring over here as well to race GR3’s Saturday nights.

That'd be awesome man!! The wives of ARL are coming to kick our asses (on track) :lol::lol:

Oh, we're starting a band. We're gonna melt some faces!!

Hells yah lets do thiisssss!! :cheers::cheers:

Since we are all sharing, this is the only somewhat recording we have from an outdoor acoustic session with my current band, we formed in January and got ****canned in March by lockdown, recorded this when outdoor gatherings were allowed in June. Not amazing but song titles and timecodes in the comments, My ****** vocals on All-Stars Fade and The Breaking, also all the backing parts :lol::lol::lol: EDIT: all originals no covers

Last edited:
well i have no instruments to share and the triangle I used to thrash in my youth is long gone lol.

My laptop screen saver came up with a pic from way back when that brought back many racing memories so i went out to the garage and snapped a couple dusty pics of my old hobby, RC racing. Attached is a 1/10 2wd Serpent Impact 1/10. with a 2.5 cc nitro (basically model airplane fuel with more octane) motor (this one was blueprinted by an Italian company called nova rossi -peaked out at 45k rpm). Graphite and aluminum chassis. Everything was adjustable. camber, caster, shock pistons, oil, and springs, tire compounds. toe, head shims and plugs, gear rations (2 speed tranny - shift point was adjustable -think centrifugal clutch) ran it at about 5mm ride height (a little less than a 1/4 inch). Mains were timed at 60 mins long, tire changes were often needed (remember they're foam) There was a quick release system for the wheels. Fuel pitstop was needed about every 5-6 mins. (hence the long tie wrap on the fuel tank it was used to yank it open and literally squirt the fuel in). Top speed was around 90km (about 55 mph - we had a cop stop by at a race in the Ottawa area and he clocked them on his gun). The power to weight ratio was so insane the asphalt track was sprayed with VHT to provide enough traction.

All of this racing was done in the 90s and early 2000s. It is "almost" a dead hobby now, taken over by sim racing.

Perhaps no surprise to any of you my real strength was not driving (rub of rub and chub was/is better than i) but my strength was certainly car and engine setup. As I've spent many a night just setting up cars on GT6 previusly. Now with bop i can't be bothered anymore to play with car setups. its time consuming.

Anyway, certainly no musical instruments, but was a cool hobby nonetheless. :)

serpent pic 1.jpg
serpent pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
well i have no instruments to share and the triangle I used to thrash in my youth is long gone lol.

My laptop screen saver came up with a pic from way back when that brought back many racing memories so i went out to the garage and snapped a couple dusty pics of my old hobby, RC racing. Attached is a 1/10 2wd Serpent Impact 1/10. with a 2.5 cc nitro (basically model airplane fuel with more octane) motor (this one was blueprinted by an Italian company called nova rossi -peaked out at 45k rpm). Graphite and aluminum chassis. Everything was adjustable. camber, caster, shock pistons, oil, and springs, tire compounds. toe, head shims and plugs, gear rations (2 speed tranny - shift point was adjustable -think centrifugal clutch) ran it at about 5mm ride height (a little less than a 1/4 inch). Mains were timed at 60 mins long, tire changes were often needed (remember they're foam) There was a quick release system for the wheels. Fuel pitstop was needed about every 5-6 mins. (hence the long tie wrap on the fuel tank it was used to yank it open and literally squirt the fuel in). Top speed was around 90km (about 55 mph - we had a cop stop by at a race in the Ottawa area and he clocked them on his gun). The power to weight ratio was so insane the asphalt track was sprayed with VHT to provide enough traction.

All of this racing was done in the 90s and early 2000s. It is "almost" a dead hobby now, taken over by sim racing.

Perhaps no surprise to any of you my real strength was not driving (rub of rub and chub was/is better than i) but my strength was certainly car and engine setup. As I've spent many a night just setting up cars on GT6 previusly. Now with bop i can't be bothered anymore to play with car setups. its time consuming.

View attachment 988143 View attachment 988144
That’s really cool! A buddy of mine was into that big time back in ‘07 ‘08, and he had a couple trucks that he was actually passing real vehicles with on the road right by my old office! :cheers:

Awesome RC car! I have always liked DC cars. So much fun.

Attachments

• 20210119_144007.jpg
    20210119_144007.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210119_144025.jpg
    20210119_144025.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 13
RCs look like so much fun. We had a local shop here that did Sunday races and I worked at the Autozone next door. I used to love going out to watch it on my breaks. Wish I could've joined them. Had a friend running an electric motor Acura frame...was always stunned how quick it was, and it wasn't even petrol powered...

I was involved in a discussion in Snail with @DublDee and @Rob Brown and @JamCar0ne about brake pedal pressure and have come to the decision to try a higher setting on the CSL Elite LC. However, anything above 30% caused my original rig to flex amazingly. See below. The only thing holding the wheel stand to the chair are 2 straps at the bottom. If you draw a straight line from brake pedal through a$$, to seat back you can see the only way to keep the thing together under heavy pedal pressure is to yard on the wheel with equal or greater force. Not sure if the Fanatec is rated for this purpose.
tempImageujKfGc.png

Solution: Stiffer rig. I actually came here to see what others were using so I could start shopping for a whole new set up. And then I found the Rock and Roll Hall of Flame. Way, cool guys. People with musical talent always amaze me. I'm only good at pressing play on my 8-track, quadraphonic sound, Esso gas station special, home sound system.

After some browsing I came up with what looks pretty boffo to me:
D70E3EF2-BD98-4F6D-ADA7-553805492F9D.jpeg

(Monster Truck rally announcer voice) THE TRAK RACER TR8 MACH 3 COCKPIT WITH MONITOR STAND.

After a quick confab with the CFO about the payback schedule...and then a quick trip to Canadian Tire for a ratcheting cargo strap, we have today's compromise. Besides where would I put THE TRAK RACER TR8 MACH 3 COCKPIT WITH MONITOR STAND?
tempImage81clqG.png

I'm actually quite impressed. The only flex in the rig now is the pedal base plate.

Fanatec CSL Elite w/ GT wheel.
CSL Elite pedals w/ load cell kit.
Next Level wheel stand.
Office chair set at lowest height.
55' LG TV

Last edited:

That is insane. Also, way cool! I had to make do with a 1/32 scale Strombecker road race set.

I was involved in a discussion in Snail with @DublDee and @Rob Brown and @JamCar0ne about brake pedal pressure and have come to the decision to try a higher setting on the CSL Elite LC. However, anything above 30% caused my original rig to flex amazingly. See below. The only thing holding the wheel stand to the chair are 2 straps at the bottom. If you draw a straight line from brake pedal through a$$, to seat back you can see the only way to keep the thing together under heavy pedal pressure is to yard on the wheel with equal or greater force. Not sure if the Fanatec is rated for this purpose.
View attachment 988476

Solution: Stiffer rig. I actually came here to see what others were using so I could start shopping for a whole new set up. And then I found the Rock and Roll Hall of Flame. Way, cool guys. People with musical talent always amaze me. I'm only good at pressing play on my 8-track, quadraphonic sound, Esso gas station special, home sound system.

After some browsing I came up with what looks pretty boffo to me:
View attachment 988481

(Monster Truck rally announcer voice) THE TRAK RACER TR8 MACH 3 COCKPIT WITH MONITOR STAND.

After a quick confab with the CFO about the payback schedule...and then a quick trip to Canadian Tire for a ratcheting cargo strap, we have today's compromise. Besides where would I put THE TRAK RACER TR8 MACH 3 COCKPIT WITH MONITOR STAND?
View attachment 988482

I'm actually quite impressed. The only flex in the rig now is the pedal base plate.

Fanatec CSL Elite w/ GT wheel.
CSL Elite pedals w/ load cell kit.
Next Level wheel stand.
Office chair set at lowest height.
55' LG TV

https://www.gtomega.ca/products/art-racing-cockpit

This is what I have, works great with the Fanatec LC even at full pressure, right now mine is maxed and it perfect!!

Which rigs are good for tall people? I'm 6'5" (measured in 'freedom'), so most sim seats feel a little short...

Which rigs are good for tall people? I'm 6'5" (measured in 'freedom'), so most sim seats feel a little short...
I swear by my ricmotech diy plans if your reasonably handy with carpentry. @CANOWORMS1 @scarecrow937 .

im 6’3’ and i still have room to move the seat back more (the seats on the original ‘tracks’ from the car so i can move for and aft)

sturdy as hell and adjustable (due to the seat). See the very first post in this thread - pics of it there.

Last edited:
https://www.gtomega.ca/products/art-racing-cockpit

This is what I have, works great with the Fanatec LC even at full pressure, right now mine is maxed and it perfect!!

Their products look very attractive. Unfortunately they are sold out of everything, except for a couple of monitor stands and chairs. I hope they aren't going out of business.

Where did you get your rig? The Canadian office in Vaughn, On seems to be hard to get a hold of. I kind of like the Titan model, but can find an ART, chassis only, on Amazon.ca. How hard was it to fit your seat to the chassis? Would other seats work?

Last edited:
I swear by my ricmotech diy plans if your reasonably handy with carpentry. @CANOWORMS1 @scarecrow937 .

im 6’3’ and i still have room to move the seat back more (the seats on the original ‘tracks’ from the car so i can move for and aft)

sturdy as hell and adjustable (due to the seat). See the very first post in this thread - pics of it there.

While I'm reasonable handy, I'm also very lazy. I'm more of an assembly guy. How moveable is your DIY rig? In my application I would want to move it out of the way for TV watching, a daily ritual. The 'build' video mentioned toxic and prolific MDF dust, not good.

Back