Show us your stuff

While I'm reasonable handy, I'm also very lazy. I'm more of an assembly guy. How moveable is your DIY rig? In my application I would want to move it out of the way for TV watching, a daily ritual. The 'build' video mentioned toxic and prolific MDF dust, not good.
Yup mdf sawdust. You’ve eaten worse in your life im sure. Lol

ive seen some put casters on their rigs to wheel them around. Mine doesn't move since it has its own monitor. It stays parked in the corner.

Their products look very attractive. Unfortunately they are sold out of everything, except for a couple of monitor stands and chairs. I hope they aren't going out of business.

Where did you get your rig? The Canadian office in Vaughn, On seems to be hard to get a hold of. I kind of like the Titan model, but can find an ART, chassis only, on Amazon.ca. How hard was it to fit your seat to the chassis? Would other seats work?

I got mine from my uncle, it was his old one that he updated from, I can ask him if he has any connections there and see what I dig up!

I got mine from my uncle, it was his old one that he updated from, I can ask him if he has any connections there and see what I dig up!

That would be great. My present set-up is getting increasingly make shift. The chair strap has eliminated flex there, but now with increased brake pedal pressure the pedal plate flexes considerably. Another horse **** fix in the works today.

Here's the final instalment of the "Macgyver-ization" of my rig. The pedal plate flex has been stiffened with the use of two sticks held in place with duct tape, black of course for aesthetics. My next post will be of the new replacement rig. GT Omega still missing in action. @SydViscus any news from your uncle?

IMG_2178.jpeg IMG_2179.jpeg

Here's the final instalment of the "Macgyver-ization" of my rig. The pedal plate flex has been stiffened with the use of two sticks held in place with duct tape, black of course for aesthetics. My next post will be of the new replacement rig. GT Omega still missing in action. @SydViscus any news from your uncle?

View attachment 989364 View attachment 989365
Whatever works @redgreen!

I did find this. I have 2 concerns with the ART rig: 1) Rigidity of wheel base. I have a bad habit of reefing up and down on the wheel. 2) It looks like the height adjustment for the wheel base also affects the forward/back distance, ie the wheel would move up and down at an angle. It seems the Titan rig addresses these issues, but it's the one that can't be found anywhere. However, the price of the ART is attractive. What is involved in putting a seat on these things? Do they have sliders? Reclining seat(flexible?) vs fixed (rigid?)

I did find this. I have 2 concerns with the ART rig: 1) Rigidity of wheel base. I have a bad habit of reefing up and down on the wheel. 2) It looks like the height adjustment for the wheel base also affects the forward/back distance, ie the wheel would move up and down at an angle. It seems the Titan rig addresses these issues, but it's the one that can't be found anywhere. However, the price of the ART is attractive. What is involved in putting a seat on these things? Do they have sliders? Reclining seat(flexible?) vs fixed (rigid?)

The rigidity is pretty good, even on max FFB it doesnt flex too much, a little up and down here and there, and based on your height you wouldnt need it extended too far out. It does get taller as you move it out, but the seat is height adjustable with three separate heights to help balance that.

As for putting the seat on, theres four holes on the rails that are, themselves, adjustable for width of the seat, I had to put a couple new screw holes in my seat as it didnt quite line up perfectly, but that seat was for a Mini not a sim rig, and I know theres a good few seats that fit on it pretty well. I use a fixed seat, dont think id need a recliner but to each their own for that I suppose :cheers::cheers:

So I am thinking I may actually upgrade sometime soon. I am looking at the Trustmaster T150 or one of the "low end" Logitech wheels. Anybody want to share their experience with either is good. The thrustmaster seems to be cheaper so that may be all I can afford but I am interested in anybody's experiences with either.

So I am thinking I may actually upgrade sometime soon. I am looking at the Trustmaster T150 or one of the "low end" Logitech wheels. Anybody want to share their experience with either is good. The thrustmaster seems to be cheaper so that may be all I can afford but I am interested in anybody's experiences with either.
I've had the T150 for about 3 years, absolutely no issues with it. I would recommend getting the T150 Pro, as it comes with the upgraded T3PA pedals. That's the set up I have.
Its mounted on my GTR Racing Simulator GTA-S rig. When I received the rig, Mrs Cannella regulated me to the unfinished portion of the basement, or "the meth lab" as @PApunk924 refers to it. Situated in front of my Vizio 50" 4K TV

rig1.jpg
rig2.jpg
rig3.jpg

Like my g29 (with loadcell mod)but will be looking at a thrustmaster/fanatec in the next year or so too - or sooner if it breaks - how do i explain to my wife that it ‘somehow’ got thrown from a rooftop, is now broken, and therefore have no option but to upgrade asap?

Of course we all know of syd’s recent purchase but am curious on other comments.

also curious, my g29 with improved brake loadcell - how does it compare to the others that are ‘better’ out there? Not sure if my skill level justifies anything better than what i have.....

I've had the T150 for about 3 years, absolutely no issues with it. I would recommend getting the T150 Pro, as it comes with the upgraded T3PA pedals. That's the set up I have.
Its mounted on my GTR Racing Simulator GTA-S rig. When I received the rig, Mrs Cannella regulated me to the unfinished portion of the basement, or "the meth lab" as @PApunk924 refers to it. Situated in front of my Vizio 50" 4K TV

View attachment 989904 View attachment 989905 View attachment 989906
Have you tried being closer to your screen? Seems like you are quite a distance away.

Nick have you ever thought about moving your rig closer to the TV? You might find it easier to race when you're sitting closer. Imagine driving your car from the rear seats, that's how I'd feel with my rig so far away from my TV

Edit: fullness beat me

Last edited:
Like my g29 (with loadcell mod)but will be looking at a thrustmaster/fanatec in the next year or so too - or sooner if it breaks - how do i explain to my wife that it ‘somehow’ got thrown from a rooftop, is now broken, and therefore have no option but to upgrade asap?

Of course we all know of syd’s recent purchase but am curious on other comments.

also curious, my g29 with improved brake loadcell - how does it compare to the others that are ‘better’ out there? Not sure if my skill level justifies anything better than what i have.....
I can’t speak for the G29 but when I upgraded my G27 it was either get the G29 or T300 and I was always a Logitech guy, but when several people told me the 29 wasn’t really much of an upgrade from the 27 I decided to try the Thrustmaster T300 Rs GT and upgraded the pedals to the T3PA Pros (gave the wife the stock 3 pedal set to use with her T150) and it was more than just a night and day difference for sure.
I’ve had this setup since November 2017 and haven’t had an issue with it, other than figuring out how to update the firmware on it but other than that I have zero complaints about the T300.

I think the biggest difference will be switching to a force feedback wheel. I started sim racing 2 years ago and wanted to emulate real driving as much as possible. I was able to get a used T300 RS with the T3PA pedals. I ran the FF at 5 in GTS. This came close to what I remember from racing at Gimili, Mb in the '80s. The feel for the road and car are pretty good. I found that with lower settings there was loss of feel for cornering. It was a great wheel and is still working in my brothers basement.

When I switched to the CSL wheel and pedals, the biggest improvement was to get a LC brake pedal, I think. When I got the LC last May I turned the force way down and it felt and behaved much like the original T3 pedal. Due to last week's discussion, I've increased the pedal pressure and it is a work in progress, but I think as I've increased the force (60% now, up from 30%) my braking has improved. I already feel I have more control of the brakes in corners. I haven't done as much driving as I want as the brake adjustment has highlighted major weaknesses in my rig, the improvement of which is the prime work in progress at the moment. MacGyver has upped the fasteners in the modification from staples to screws and washers, but is getting tired.

I think this is kind of like computers; Buy as much as you can afford, you'll always be able to use, enjoy and grow into it. The more real, the better. Have fun. Meanwhile, I have to go apply some more duct tape to the rig mods.

I may have asked in the past but were you around for the Gimli Glider??

My dad and his friends were there, one was racing when it came down!

The Gimli Glider with good ol' RobBob and the french pilot! What an amazing story that is. Would have been interesting to see in person but I wasn't alive lol

I may have asked in the past but were you around for the Gimli Glider??

My dad and his friends were there, one was racing when it came down!

No sh\t Sherlock?? In 4 years of racing at Gimili (81-85) I only missed one weekend, and yes you guessed it, that one. Who is your dad? The RX2 in the photo ended up black with yellow/red stripes. I was waaay ahead of the curve in Covid protection. I even had 2 guys who came out every weekend and were my pit crew. We were team Gary, Blair, Curt, & Jane. Still can't believe I missed the weekend they made a movie about. The Winnipeg Sports Car Club gave me a pretty cool trophy. 'SSM' = street stock modified, read no race tires.

IMG_2222.jpeg IMG_2225.jpeg
edit: if you look closely you'll note the official racing bowling shoes.

Last edited:
No sh\t Sherlock?? In 4 years of racing at Gimili (81-85) I only missed one weekend, and yes you guessed it, that one. Who is your dad? The RX2 in the photo ended up black with yellow/red stripes. I was waaay ahead of the curve in Covid protection. I even had 2 guys who came out every weekend and were my pit crew. We were team Gary, Blair, Curt, & Jane. Still can't believe I missed the weekend they made a movie about. The Winnipeg Sports Car Club gave me a pretty cool trophy. 'SSM' = street stock modified, read no race tires.

View attachment 990433 View attachment 990434

Loving the pictures. Especially the covid prep picture

Damn the worst weekend to miss eh !! My dad is Eric Rowbotham, he was there watching his friends Ted Rance and and Mike Dolan race, pretty sure Don Horner was on their crew then too!! Let me know if you know any of those names thatd be really cool!! I didnt know there was a movie about it Ive only heard the legends in paddock chats!!

Damn the worst weekend to miss eh !! My dad is Eric Rowbotham, he was there watching his friends Ted Rance and and Mike Dolan race, pretty sure Don Horner was on their crew then too!! Let me know if you know any of those names thatd be really cool!! I didnt know there was a movie about it Ive only heard the legends in paddock chats!!

None of those names are jumping out at me. What did they race? Where did they stay? I was in the pup tent, party hardy crowd. Some stayed in RVs, others stayed in hotels in Gimili. I drove a Mazda RX2 in street stock and GT3(?) later.

Ahead of the times on the canadian moose knuckle also lol jk....good stuff

Back