Show us your stuff

This is my next upgrade
View attachment 990408

I think you'll like the LC. While I've had my CSL Elite LC since May, it's only been recently that I have increased the pedal pressure significantly, on the recommendation of @Rob Brown. It's still a work in progress, as I've had to work on stiffening my rig to withstand the much higher forces. I think I'm noticing an improvement in my braking, because now there is a large range in force from 0-100% brakes. What I'm having a hard time adapting to is the fact that now it takes considerable pedal pressure to apply a relatively small amount of braking.

@SydViscus I ran those names by my crew chief and his wife, who marshalled at that time, to no avail. I've included an updated photo of the RX2 in case it's more memorable. Amazing, this was 40 years ago and I still look just the same.

IMG_2230.jpeg

@SydViscus I ran those names by my crew chief and his wife, who marshalled at that time, to no avail. I've included an updated photo of the RX2 in case it's more memorable. Amazing, this was 40 years ago and I still look just the same.

View attachment 990869

Ill check with Ted next time I see him and see if he can remember some of the guys he raced with there! See if we can find some crossover im interested to see!!

Well, it happened. I'm not good with jury rigged solutions or with my hands, but I can write cheques. So, with the stroke of a pen (click of a button actually) I now have a replacement rig, nay, a cockpit. It's a (monster truck rally announcer voice) Trak Racer TR8 Mach 3. It's an impressive piece of equipment. However, there are teething problems, most notably my lack of height. At 5' 6" I'm unable to see over the wheel properly. I've reached out to the manufacturer and am waiting for a response. The seat is at it's maximum height and I was wondering if a taller seat bracket is an option. At least I'll look fast. :lol::cheers:

Ta Da!
upload_2021-2-14_7-17-30.jpegupload_2021-2-14_7-17-30.jpeg upload_2021-2-14_7-17-30.jpegupload_2021-2-14_7-17-30.jpegIMG_2258.jpeg

My man cave is more of an eagle's eyrie, with a great view of downtown Vancouver. Casters make moving easy.

On an unrelated matter; What wheel rotation limit are people using? At present I'm at 420 degrees lock to lock.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 25
I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions. My new rig has changed my seating position drastically and I'm unsure of how to proceed. I sit much lower now. I use the bumper view or cockpit view. I've included photos to illustrate what I mean. Before: I could see the entire GTS screen, the Fanatec wheel being below the tv screen. After: The Fanatec wheel is now very much in my line of sight and blocks various HUD info. I very much like the view while driving, but I find myself having to move my upper body and/or head to see some things (gear, speed, rev bar, etc). What does your sim world look like?

Before:

IMG_2342.jpeg IMG_2344.jpeg

After:
IMG_2341.jpegIMG_2343.jpeg

Last edited:
yah either raise the rig elevation or TV elevation, whichever is easier for your setup. A small adjustment to either should allow a clear field of view :cheers::cheers:

I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions. My new rig has changed my seating position drastically and I'm unsure of how to proceed. I sit much lower now. I use the bumper view or cockpit view. I've included photos to illustrate what I mean. Before: I could see the entire GTS screen, the Fanatec wheel being below the tv screen. After: The Fanatec wheel is now very much in my line of sight and blocks various HUD info. I very much like the view while driving, but I find myself having to move my upper body and/or head to see some things (gear, speed, rev bar, etc). What does your sim world look like?

Before:

View attachment 994899 View attachment 994900

After:
View attachment 994903View attachment 994898
don't over think it @CANOWORMS1! - put a pillow under your a$$ and go racin'!

lol

My wheel is similar view to pa's doesn't block the screen at all...

Back