Since the last updates game crashed often

• Thread starter alex511
  • 6 comments
The game has been crashing a lot in sport mode and I've been in races where cars ahead if me just disappear. I've been in C races where there are about a dozen guys left at the end. All this has been happening recently.

Last edited:
All I can say is that I've had no issues with the latest update. Maybe try to rebuild the console's database?

Edit: Actually, just try clearing the game's network cache first. That's a lot quicker and may do the trick.

Last edited:
All I can say is that I've had no issues with the latest update. Maybe try to rebuild the console's database?

Edit: Actually, just try clearing the game's network cache first. That's a lot quicker and may do the trick.

How does one go about rebuilding the database?

Turn off the PS4 (not rest mode)
Power it back up by holding the power button on the console (not the controller)
You'll hear 2 beeps (this means you're in safe mode)
Connect the controller to the console with the USB cord
Scroll down the menu and select rebuild database

It's basically a defrag for your PS4. It'll also remove any corrupt files, if there are any. Depending on how bad your system is it could take a while. (Mine took about 10-15 min the first time I did it.) It will reset your menu items, so you'll have to pull any apps out of the library that you use. But other than that it should stabilize and speed up your system a bit.

Turn off the PS4 (not rest mode)
Power it back up by holding the power button on the console (not the controller)
You'll hear 2 beeps (this means you're in safe mode)
Connect the controller to the console with the USB cord
Scroll down the menu and select rebuild database

It's basically a defrag for your PS4. It'll also remove any corrupt files, if there are any. Depending on how bad your system is it could take a while. (Mine took about 10-15 min the first time I did it.) It will reset your menu items, so you'll have to pull any apps out of the library that you use. But other than that it should stabilize and speed up your system a bit.

And your games and save data are left alone?

Latest Posts

Back