Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
Come on PD...

1713436503356.png

The hate for VGT's is indeed 'stupid'

Yes I admit I am not a huge fan of VGT's but they open up possibilities for brands that would not exsts otherwise so Skoda deciding to embrace the VGT project will hopefully bring us more Skoda content in the foreseeable future to the game.

What I will say is surprising is that it's being revealed so close to when the expected monthly update will drop. I am now very interested to see what car 'tweets' we get this weekend.

That increases the possibility of Skoda as a brand coming to GT in a much wider form (like sibling Volkswagen AG brands) and bringing us more "real" cars. No VGT project, no Skoda.
I can see what you're getting at here. But I hold skepticism that'll be the case based on what Infiniti currently has in its GT7 line up. Also, if the trend across all social media is "VGT bad" wouldn't it make sense to encourage companies to join by providing what is in popular demand (real cars)? I can't help but wonder.

Mind you, I know nothing about the success of the Infiniti brand or its public happenings to influence why it's roster may only be one VGT car.

We also have little information to claim this is Skoda's only entry into GT.

If this is Skoda's foot-in-the-door, great! Bring them in. It's exciting to have a new brand join the roster. But please let them have more than just this.

Edited to break up thoughts.

Last edited:
I know nothing about the success of the Infiniti brand or its public happenings to influence why it's roster may only be one VGT car
It's basically nothing. In Europe it is nothing - after a second attempt to launch in 2014 (having tried in 2008, and failed; launching luxury Nissans in the middle of a global recession wasn't going to go well), it withdrew from the market entirely in 2020.

Aside from that, the marketing always seemed to be off; I did meet some lovely people from Infiniti Europe, but it was never really as efficient an outfit as something like Genesis is today. That the VGT even appeared was a surprise to me (and, it seems, them - and it's one of the efforts so little-assed that the only car is a 1:8 model). Even Forza only has one Infiniti, and that's actually also a car that doesn't really exist.

And I really liked the Q50 and Q60 (still keeping my eye on prices for a Malbec Black Q50 hybrid!), but against the Audi 4/5, BMW 3/4, and Mercedes C it was screwed. Had a QX30 to live with for a little while (made here in the UK, or at least re-made out of Mercedes A/GLA Class shells) too and... meh.

I'm not sure why the news of an entire new brand (from an entire new country) coming to GT is being treated as poo-worthy, but it sure does make a lot of people look stupid, entitled gatekeepers. I'd expect that of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube comments, but GTPlanet users?

I get not liking VGT cars. Most of them suck to drive - not that you're required to, as the only VGT events are Bonus Menus and not part of game progress - and a lot are not great to look at. The fact they're running to a formula of all-wheel drive, electric. 700hp+ is almost irrelevant as that's what brands are making in the real world now too.

But this whole "VGT sucks" attitude is mad. Skoda hasn't been in GT before (except its logo, on the GT6 Goodwood Hillclimb). Clearly someone at Skoda (maybe a young designer, brought up on games; this happens a lot) has got through to marketing about the VGT project - which a lot of car designers take really rather seriously - and that's opened up channels between Skoda PR and GT Explore that didn't previously exist.

That increases the possibility of Skoda as a brand coming to GT in a much wider form (like sibling Volkswagen AG brands) and bringing us more "real" cars. No VGT project, no Skoda.

And all it takes is a VGT you're judging before you've even seen most of it, much less driven in the game, and probably won't even think about beyond April 24th. If, down the line, you're having fun in an Octavia vRS or Fabia WRC-based Gr.B, you'll literally have the VGT program to thank for it.
Is GT Explore PD’s marketing/PR department who put these deals together?

Hmmm, I don't care about the concept car but..I'd love to see the Skoda lineup proper. Give us the OG Fabia VRS and Octavia VRS and hell ven the V6 Superb! Also, various classics and rally spec cars would be nice. That would be boss!

Last edited:
I have no problems adding Skoda to the list of manufacturers. However, there is currently no proof that the VGT won't be the only car. I hope there's something good next week concerning the next update. However, I doubt an Octavia, Fabia or Kamiq is going to be announced. But, I guess we'll see...

Mind you, I know nothing about the success of the Infiniti brand or its public happenings to influence why it's roster may only be one VGT car.
It's basically nothing. In Europe it is nothing - after a second attempt to launch in 2014 (having tried in 2008, and failed; launching luxury Nissans in the middle of a global recession wasn't going to go well), it withdrew from the market entirely in 2020. Aside from that, the marketing always seemed to be off; I did meet some lovely people from Infiniti Europe, but it was never really as efficient an outfit as something like Genesis is today. That the VGT even appeared was a surprise to me (and, it seems, them - and it's one of the efforts so little-assed that the only car is a 1:8 model).

And I really liked the Q50 and Q60 (still keeping my eye on prices for a Malbec Black Q50 hybrid!), but against the Audi 4/5, BMW 3/4, and Mercedes C it was screwed. Had a QX30 to live with for a little while (made here in the UK, or at least re-made out of Mercedes A/GLA Class shells) too and... meh.
I'll add a bit more context. Even in the US, all of the Infiniti offerings were rebadged Nissans, though the Q series was never otherwise available here. In fact, Infiniti is down to just one non-SUV, the Q50.

Their VGT dates back to when Nissan still had designs of making Infiniti-only models, and, if memory serves, came from their California design studio.

you guys can be upset by car’s, fictitious, or otherwise…

Im going to be sitting over here worrying about what PD is going to do to the extreme/DD+ this time around.

Ninja nerfing the ffb(-18% roughly) and a few bugs came with 1.43. Fun, coming out of cutscene ffb bugs too. Super fun for online competition 🙄

I'm looking forward to have Skoda in GT they have som really good looking cars, which are fun to drive, although the seats are uncomfortable and have hurt my neck and shoulders... We have Skoda Octavia and Superb on my work and I really hate to sit in them, Especially the Octavia, but that's only for the sake of the seats and the lack of soundproofing in the cabin. But those things dont matter in GT so in the game i would love them 😊

Back