Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
I never complained about any cars update, but this time i can't..
I don't understand why they bring us skoda a wv clone (group vag) and they don't give us Opel??
This is really stupid..
Well, I like Opel so much but its the same example as you posted with the VAG group
Nowadys Opel (a Stelantis brand) its a "PSA clone"

Corsa = 208
Astra = 308
And the same thing happens with the suvs. French cars with a german badge

And as for "no VGT, no Skoda in Gran Turismo" theory... I'll just say I'm happy that there exists something like Forza where if PG/T10 wants a brand to be added, they simply add it with some real models (or at least "real" concept models, like it was with Cupra for starters - also a VAG brand btw) ;)
And yet last I checked, Forza doesn't have Skoda either in ANY of their games so...

But sure, lets bring up Forza for no reason as if this isn't already done to death
I never complained about any cars update, but this time i can't..
I don't understand why they bring us skoda a wv clone (group vag) and they don't give us Opel??
This is really stupid..
So you don't like this so-called "VAG" clone...but you want them to include a brand that has basically become a GM/PSA clone? Have you noticed this brand has produced nothing unique lately?

Last edited:
You don't get Opel but you do get Stellantis' Abarth, Alfa, Citroen/DS, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati and Peugeot. So i don't understand why you'd want Opel?

You could argue that Opels are 'Stellantis group clones' as they are now mostly based on Peugeot/Citroen platforms.
That may be the case with current Opels, but the ones built under General Motors' ownership are a very different (and often appealing) matter.

1968-opel-gt-6659920170921193540

OpelManta400_03.jpg

0f20787cbb3d2a3e5b43b9f788526e4a.jpg

OPELSpeedster-458_3.jpg

Doesn't exactly take a genius to see how collaborating directly with brands can lead to improved manufacturer relationships mate.
The post I quoted didn’t talk about improved manufacturer relationships, and I didn’t question anything along those lines. Read it again.

Last edited:
The post I quoted didn’t talk about improved manufacturer relationships, and I didn’t question anything along those lines. Read it again.
If you're unable to bridge the gap between improving manufacturer relationships and financial benefits when it comes to licensing and development, then you're beyond saving I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I seem to be in the minority, because I actually love VGTs. However, what I do not love are EVs, both in the real world and in games.
On the game front, I thought we already learned the lesson about not making cars sound like vacuum cleaners.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

Skoda has posted a teaser of its Vision Gran Turismo car as the marque prepares to make its entrance into the Gran Turismo series at long last — and soon...
I think PD is done adding real cars or tracks to this game. What a lost opportunity. They have decades worth of content and we get this?? They didn’t even manage to give us Silverstone, let alone mixed class endurance racing.

And yet last I checked, Forza doesn't have Skoda either in ANY of their games so...
That's true, and it makes me even happier for Gran Turismo to finally include that brand, omitted by asphalt racing games (i.e. not rally games) for too long. I just wish it came with some "real" car from the rich history of Skoda. Maybe in another update... :)

If you're unable to bridge the gap between improving manufacturer relationships and financial benefits when it comes to licensing, them you're beyond saving I'm afraid.
Like I said, we don’t know the specifics of the licensing agreements. Maybe you’re the one beyond saving if you jump to conclusions that easily.

Also VGTs may not always lead to improved manufacturer relationships. It’s one of the the desired outcomes from a VGT collaboration, but some of the past ones do not appear to have been very fruitful for PD.

Like I said, we don’t know the specifics of the licensing agreements. Maybe you’re the one beyond saving if you jump to conclusions that easily.

Also VGTs may not always lead to improved manufacturer relationships. It’s one of the the desired outcomes from a VGT collaboration, but some of the past ones do not appear to have been very fruitful for PD.
I didn't make the claim, but I don't think it's an unreasonable conclusion. If I were a betting man, I'd even say it's likely.

It's obviously not going to make every relationship fruitful and commercially viable, but noone ever suggested it was - just that it is helping, which it most likely is, especially when you look at brands like Toyota.

So you don't like this so-called "VAG" clone...but you want them to include a brand that has basically become a GM/PSA clone? Have you noticed this brand has produced nothing unique lately?
Corsa = 208
Astra = 308
And the same thing happens with the suvs. French cars with a german badge
You don't get Opel but you do get Stellantis' Abarth, Alfa, Citroen/DS, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati and Peugeot. So i don't understand why you'd want Opel?

You could argue that Opels are 'Stellantis group clones' as they are now mostly based on Peugeot/Citroen platforms.
its obvious that i said about opel cars not stellantis clones.
mates when you dont know anything about Motorsport history is good to not compare..

Last edited:
Its nice to se Škoda (Škodovka) in Gran Turismo, but if its only a useless VGT (please stop with them PD or make a sidestep with a Hot Wheels GT), its nothing important.

Here are some examples of Škodovka cars which are truly needed in Gran Turismo game:
I'm a sucker for obscure or oddball cars. I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
This is what I love about GT - just when you think you can predict what’s next, we’re greeted with something like this. Genuinely curious about this!

It's basically nothing. In Europe it is nothing - after a second attempt to launch in 2014 (having tried in 2008, and failed; launching luxury Nissans in the middle of a global recession wasn't going to go well), it withdrew from the market entirely in 2020.

Aside from that, the marketing always seemed to be off; I did meet some lovely people from Infiniti Europe, but it was never really as efficient an outfit as something like Genesis is today. That the VGT even appeared was a surprise to me (and, it seems, them - and it's one of the efforts so little-assed that the only car is a 1:8 model). Even Forza only has one Infiniti, and that's actually also a car that doesn't really exist.

And I really liked the Q50 and Q60 (still keeping my eye on prices for a Malbec Black Q50 hybrid!), but against the Audi 4/5, BMW 3/4, and Mercedes C it was screwed. Had a QX30 to live with for a little while (made here in the UK, or at least re-made out of Mercedes A/GLA Class shells) too and... meh.

I think in the context of GT, they should at least have the more iconic G35 return, if only to have one Infiniti other than the VGT.

I don't know why they add cars I don't want.

Why can't they add cars I want?
Truth, brotha. I think we can all agree (mostly) that VGT cars aren't ones we are looking forward to. I'm sure for PD and manufacturers its super fun to create cars from scratch. But enough is enough now. Let's get back to classic, iconic cars (did someone say tracks?) that made GT, GT.

Jerome

The rally cars were obviously in official rally games when Skoda were in WRC, and I know they've been licensed in some of the Truck Sim-like games. But I'm struggling to come up with a circuit racing game that's featured a Skoda before; can anyone think of one?

Back