Slightly Mad Studios is Teasing an 'Absolutely Massive' Surprise

yas
It would be a massive surprise if they fixed all the issues with Project Cars 2. But then again, 'massive' would be an understatement to my surprise if that ever happened.
tenor.gif

Weren't they linked to some sort of Fast And The Furious game at some point? That's probably what it is.

Nevertheless, considering it comes from a ******** charlatan who has a massive issue with his ego and the broken, buggy games that come out with his company's name on it, with hostile pad support, I have little hope for this, whatever 'it' is.

It would be encouraging to see some screenshots of PC3 or PCGo, rather than vague statements about "200% better" or "absolutely massive".

Isn't that what backer forums are for? :lol:

I see the SMS fans are here in strength. Some people have too much time on their hands.

My money is on the Fast & Furious game too. Given the film has what - eight sequels? - there must be a lot of fans out there and in that sense it is "big" but I'm not sure this will appeal to the average Project Cars fan. Can they get a new audience? We shall see. I know some on the sim side of things see "arcade" games as guaranteeing popularity and sales but given the disaster GRID has been which arguably had an existing audience, this clearly isn't the case.

This confirmes Project Cars is coming to GT Sport.

:lol:

I know some on the sim side of things see "arcade" games as guaranteeing popularity and sales but given the disaster GRID has been which arguably had an existing audience, this clearly isn't the case.

I mean...GRID 2019 might not be the best example for that sort of thing considering the track record that Codemasters has, especially in recent history, and how the game was handicapped by a lack of content (purposefully held back for DLC purposes) which plays into the lackluster review scores.

Honestly, I lost hope in SMS after what has happened with PC2. I was pushed to go and try iRacing and that is why I am grateful to Ian. He convinced me that racing on consoles like ps4 has nothing with racing at all + there are better out there like iR/AC/rF... What else I could say...? At least my whole league is now racing on PC and that's awesome.

Enormous would be to see a product that is actually working and its features are free from bugs.

It’s probably whatever Rushy has been working on. AKA something I will probably not care much for.

But keeping an open mind.

Another SMS announcement, another round of rightfully-earned yet dated digs.

Issues yet to be fixed? I have not experienced any issues worth ridicule since the last couple updates way back when, online or offline, on PS4. Hostile pad support? Hello, I 100%'d the career mode with the DS4, use one setting that fits almost every class of cars, and can comfortably race cleanly online even if I'm enjoying some drinks. How about, "less than ideal pad support"...?

Oh well...SMS and the Bells made their bed with this. But PCARS2 got whipped from a "broken, buggy game" into a quality sim with a lot to offer. What else can I say? It's hardly a bad game. Almost none of my other PS4 racing games are any better in terms of polish (post-updates) or fulfilling their potential. I feel similarly about what I know of popular favorites I do not own, including GT Sport or Assetto Corsa.

On the thread subject, I agree with @SimRacing604. I have faith in the next PCARS game (in the long run), but I am not at all excited by this. I have not been enthused by their last few announcements. The more they tease ideas that aren't the next PCARS game, the more I worry they're doomed to overextend themselves again.

Back