SLRE Honor System League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 539 comments
Here's my run. A few minor errors in Las Minas, and a major off near the end of SS3. Other than that clean and cautious. Maybe too cautious.

PS: 4:09.883
Rally: 24:16.838

Here's my run. A few minor errors in Las Minas, and a major off near the end of SS3. Other than that clean and cautious. Maybe too cautious.

PS: 4:09.883
Rally: 24:16.838
Awesome drive man! I'm watching your first stage as I write this now and it's perfect! Not a single big mistake! Epic!

Scaff's version popped in my youtube subscription list.

Here it goes:

Hope it's ok that I shared it. :)

No problem at all, saves me a job as I left it to upload and process over night.

Not my best, as I had forgotten just how tight and bumpy Mexico is and how much the Lancia likes to swap ends under heavy braking. However at least I managed to get to the end with all the wheels and body panels intact this time.

Lucas_Picone1 Dominates in Mexico

mexico-ganador_83192.jpg

Our resident RWD alien, who holds various records in DiRT Rally with the 131 and 037, absolutely obliterated us all in Mexico. As usual, full report with driver quotes in Spanish: https://simracer.uno/foros/sebastie...-ps4-latinoamerica-liga-de-slre#responder-248

Mexico results:

mexico-resultados_c931d.jpg

Power Stage:

mexico-ps_9417d.jpg

Championship Standings:

mexico-tabla_c1186.jpg

IMPORTANT
Due to new league participants, we have modified the points system so that it now awards the top 15 according to the following breakdown: 30-26-23-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1

Two more new participants will be catching up to us during these last two weeks of June.

Event 4: San Remo - Production Class

san-remo-encabezado_ac64c.jpg

The next event is San Remo, taking place until June 30th. These are the stages:

SS1: Apricale - 10,57 km
SS2: San Romolo - 5,12 km
SS3: Passo del Maro - 10,86 km
SS4: Bosco di Rezzo - 5,82 km (Power Stage)

Do keep in mind that San Remo is very unforgiving. It's better to take it easy and finish without damage rather than push and destroy the car with an off.

Rally configuration should look like this:

san-remo-config_b2aed.jpg

The shakedown will be on Bosco di Rezzo 2, the eighth option in single stage mode:

san-remo-shakedown_bcdc4.jpg

The following cars are availalable in the Production Class:
  • Abarth Grande Punto S2000
  • Peugeot 207 S2000
  • Proton Satria Neo S2000
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
  • Citroën Xsara Kit Car
All are 4WD except the Xsara, which is FWD.

Hola! I had some questions before I gave this a shot. I looked on the other thread and it mentions this being a PS4 league, does it matter what platform I play on (like say PC)? Also should I run through the previous stages at some point or will those not be counted since they've already passed?

Hola! I had some questions before I gave this a shot. I looked on the other thread and it mentions this being a PS4 league, does it matter what platform I play on (like say PC)? Also should I run through the previous stages at some point or will those not be counted since they've already passed?

We welcome all platforms. All of us but one is on PS4. The other one is on PC. It's fine if you play catch-up and do Monte, Sweden and Mexico before tackling the current San Remo. All I ask is that you get up to date before June 30th.

Here is a re-hash of the important stuff:

The league uses the Honor System since there is no league functionality in-game. No practicing except for using the test track to choose cars, and 5 passes through the shakedown on each rally for setup and acclimitization. And no restarts or rewinds. It's all just for fun. We are all rusty with SLRE and are having fun jumping into the rallies practically blind with minimal memories of the stages.

We take everyone's word that they do not practice the track/car combinations and do not restart stages or the rally. There have been many accidents so it's better to just take it easy rather than try to be Loeb LOL. Medium damage can be pretty punshing, especially if you hit a tree or guard rail.

We live stream to Youtube or record and upload to Youtube, but it's not required. If you can't or are uncomfortable with that then two screenshots are absolutely 100% required and very important:

1) Time on SS4, which is the power stage.
2) Total rally time, shown after the SS4 time.

We use easy AI to make time calculations easier, but if for some reason you have a really bad rally and/or Power Stage and finish down the leaderboard note that the lead AI time and your difference might not be visible together, in which case you will have to capture the AI time and then scroll down and capture your time difference.

Hi, Thanks for letting me join and catch up. I've done Monte and Sweden so far and don't think I'm a threat to anyone!
I tried to record Sweden but only got 2 stages for some reason. If anyone's interested I use a G29 and H-Shift with clutch for older cars.

Enjoyed Mexico, just love that little BMW. Not that it did me any good, I'm still way down the leader board.
Anyway, I set up streaming now so have have the whole event with a power stage replay at the end.
I probably need to edit this to remove the bits where I try to work our how to get full screen but for now you can just FF through them;

Welcome aboard, @Smithers1968 ! Thanks for posting your videos. I have updated the results with your 8th, 8th and 9th in these rallies. Updated points will be published following San Remo.

Speaking of, did it last night (uploading now) with the 207. Felt good but I ended up 90 seconds off the current leader, who isn't even one of our aliens! :confused:

Current times to beat:
PS: 3:20.395
Total: 21:26.645

Wow I just noticed this:
upload_2018-6-21_9-12-57.png

What amazing close rallying that is! 3 players less than 2 sec apart! That's awesome, if we neglect the fact they are 3 minutes away from 1st place :lol:

Oh i've done this last rally in Italy but I still didn't upload it!
First couple of stages were really nice for me I would say! The third was HELL! I nearly totalled the car, ran most of the stage and all of the 4th stage on the rim! :banghead:

Apart from the Windscreen and the fact you can't repair punctures in stage I like the damage model, things like broken control or steering arms really happen and you can see the effect on replay.

Perhaps next season we should do 4 days and heavy damage?

Apart from the Windscreen and the fact you can't repair punctures in stage I like the damage model, things like broken control or steering arms really happen and you can see the effect on replay.

Perhaps next season we should do 4 days and heavy damage?

This is exactly what we were thinking for the next season. It will be more unpredictable than ever.

@Smithers1968 your time puts you provisional fifth out of sixth, three minutes off the lead. I am provisional second, one minute off the pace. Still five or six people to go including @Georgeagea and @Scaff , including our two aliens and el-manu-olivera who has been putting in some consistently solid results.

Finally got my upload. Here it is.

Could this get it's own discord channel? Would be easier to access and change information between each other. Oh and 2 out of 4 rallies done. Just beginning my Mexican mission.

Could this get it's own discord channel? Would be easier to access and change information between each other. Oh and 2 out of 4 rallies done. Just beginning my Mexican mission.

I don't even know what Discord is LOL; kind of looks like WhatsApp. I've been rallying with most of these people for two years and we have a WhatsApp group, so most of the banter and screenshot trading goes on in there. It has been some extra work to tie it into GTPlanet since all of you are outside of that Spanish-speaking "bubble".

I have the official thread in SimRacer.uno plus we have this thread on GTP for English-speakers. If you don't mind spending the time to set something up somewhere else for sharing times and things go ahead. If any of you speak Spanish or want to practice I can add you to the WhatsApp group.

My humiliating disgusting embarrassing rally is up.

Total time: 23:38.313
Last stage time: 4:03.201 on the rim from a to z

Last edited:
My San Remo run:

Power Stage Time of 3:51.571
Total Time: 25:06.975

A conservative approach worked well enough up to stage 3, which saw me spin and then roll the car within 100 meters of each other. Still managed to keep all the wheels on this time.

@Georgeagea that puts you a provisional 5th of eight and only 20s off provisional 3rd, so not a bad time at all.

@Scaff is provisional 7th, nearly four minutes in front of 8th.

Now waiting on @Sepponaattori , Lucas_Picone1, nachosimo97, SonOfTheBlues and el-manu-olivera so I am sure we will all be dropped down the order a bit this weekend :lol:.

Just finished my San Remo run and I should have it and the rest of the videos up before the end of the day. :D

Yeah I know, double post, but I felt it was justified. :sly:

I figured I'd put each after action report and their respective videos behind spoiler tags to avoid taking up half a page, enjoy. :D

Car: Since both cars were practically identical I figured why not go with the better looking one.

SS1: It started of so well, right up until I slammed it into a wall and almost bounced off into the trees... still, recovery was quick and it didn't seem to harm the car too much. Overconfidence would strike again though as I misjudged a corner and almost took another dive of the road, why do they even put those nets there?

SS2: After the incidents earlier today I was told to maybe take it a bit easier on the next stage, well fine then... I'll limit it to one off track. :P

SS3: Surprisingly the car wasn't too damaged after yesterdays excursions so the boys took full advantage of the service window. The car was more than ready for an altogether uneventful stage after that.

SS4: I'm pretty sure the first half of this stage is also a stage in Dirt Rally, probably why the buildings at the top of the descent seemed so familiar. Anyway, took it pretty cautiously up until the end. And then I spun twice... so all bets were off. Time to slide down the mountain. :D

Power Stage - 07:51.046
Final Time - 22:32.629

Car: Ford hadn't failed us yet, and much to my surprise I didn't see any other Cosworths on the leaderboard yet.

SS1: Oh heck it's slippery out here... At least I can take it slow on the first stage to get used to it? NOPE, flat out most of the way. And that jump crest combo made for a very heart stopping slide near the end as well. It's all part of the fun though, right...?

SS2: Brakes still don't do much, and the jumps are still terrifying. Oh and to top it all of the poles were given invisibility cloaks!

SS3: The damage was minimal again this time around so the mechanics let me go with a warning.

SS4: I probably should have listened to them, not even a minute into the stage and I done rolled the car... don't think the boss will be happy with that one. Maybe I should just not tell them. "A really fat bird just fell from the sky half way through. Where is it you ask? Well it flew away obviously." They'll buy that won't they?

Power Stage - 06:18.352
Final Time - 18:34.938

Today's message from the Mad Cow Racing™ team: "Narrow roads!, large bumps!, and our first night out! Get access to the full story behind these and other accidental innuendos by subscribing to our newsletter!"

Power Stage - 3:58.069
Final Time - 23:00.739

Car: No Fords this time around (or the last time) but there was one oddball option that stood out. With its FWD the Xsara manages to shed more than 200 kilos compared to its next lightest competitor, all whilst not losing any power compared to the others. The fact that Italy hosted a tarmac rally also meant traction wouldn't be an issue. Some testing on Bosco di Rezzo 2 confirmed it, it was perfect fit.

SS1: This is has to be my favorite rally so far, even if it wasn't my best. The car matched the narrow twisty roads perfectly once you got into the rhythm of it, and I only rolled it one (and a half) time.

SS2: A short and deceptively difficult stage. The tightens call doesn't quite do justice to some of the almost vindictive corners. One misjudgment in particular led me straight into a wall, and the car didn't feel the same after that spontaneous meeting.

SS3: After an expected (and probably deserved) scolding from the mechanics the car was returned to me mostly in one piece. Good thing they didn't see me almost throw the car of a cliff in next stage... I think... :scared: the rest of the run was in recovery mode from there, and went pretty well all things considered.

SS4: From running the shakedowns I figured this would be the stage that would make or break this car. While the acceleration was great it really lacked at in the top speed department. Not a good thing on the stage with the fastest sections of the rally. She still came through in the end. :D

Power Stage - 03:15.346
Final Time - 21:07.401

Yeah I know, double post, but I felt it was justified. :sly:

I figured I'd put each after action report and their respective videos behind spoiler tags to avoid taking up half a page, enjoy. :D

Don't worry about double posting, it's inevitable here.

Thanks to you and the others who leave quotes. I do translate them all to Spanish on the official thread on SimRacer.uno but it's nice for us to leave our thoughts here.

Those results give you victory in Monte, third in Sweden, second in México and current leader in San Remo by 19 seconds. Still waiting on three participants from my end.

I will post all the updated standings when San Remo finishes tomorrow night.

Back