SLRE Honor System League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 539 comments
Well, but must I drive just Mitsubishi? Now I tried it at Le Moulinon- Antraigues... it goes even faster, then Subi, but with one flashback I can simply not to reach finish. Driveability is weak.... you must brake much earlier and very carefull.... its more suitable for academic Lucas' style, not mine. So, I have doubts about San Remo at least.... at gravel less problems with it....

No, we will not force you to drive a car you don't want to drive.

Just let him use whatever he wants and don't count it toward the manufacturers. Trying to balance it after the fact is both impossible, and kinda defeats the point of counting the points anyway. And no, I'm not just saying that as a part of the winning team. :P

OK, now I shall continue tests, may be, I'll find balance... then, when I shall post my San Remo run, you will see, can you use my points for Mitsu team or not....

Just let him use whatever he wants and don't count it toward the manufacturers. Trying to balance it after the fact is both impossible, and kinda defeats the point of counting the points anyway. And no, I'm not just saying that as a part of the winning team. :P

I hear you. I'm not trying to unbalance the teams and Ford is deservedly way out in front. I would never alter that. But having these 50% runners is at least making things interesting for us at Mitsu and Subaru and despite the extra points we aren't even a threat to third place Lancia.

@LaPremier is French or Russian? French co-driver, Russian flag on the window :confused:
I supposed he's french due to 2 things :
-his tag name (LaPremier, although in french grammatically it should be LePremier or LaPremière).
-in his gameplay youtube video the language is french.

I think that explains why he's so good at really! Another Sebastien in da house :lol:

Strange questions. ;) You see the flag... as for name.... in old, old times I played with French guys DriverSF. All of them had English nicks. I decided to put them to shame a bit... and since there I was on the top of Standart Race rating..... Of course, I generally prefer French.

I'm sorry, but I didnt find somwhere here nachosimo's replays or at least stage times. Can I really watch it? For me it would be interesting...

San Remo is complete. My favorite rally on this game, which doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll finish higher than last again. I like to think of this rally as ‘Rally of Gear Three’.

Speaking of three, gotta love all the ‘3’ turns that really should be ‘2’s but oh well. And while I’m nitpicking about the codriver, there’s one particularly bad countdown: “three...two...ONE.......go?”

Also, I cannot figure out where I picked up massive damage after stage 5. I finished the stage without a scratch (see video) but when the times are shown it looks like a mangled soda can. Missing windshield and all. :confused:

Here are my times. For brevity I’m going to only show the total elapsed time for each stage but will include the power stage time.

476ABA70-F801-405E-9854-50CFB8C51C6F.png
5D727EEC-8900-4299-8991-4B989863EE16.png
07690E04-DFFB-4069-A785-C8CAC3BF1C07.png
CC848D71-A72F-4EA6-B66D-6B68892ABB97.png
EB93FB90-40EE-43E4-9F93-A64C47278A7D.png
042B8990-A0EC-48DD-AB70-55719C198692.png
90B9A00C-213E-4B55-8353-337F9B9C198C.png
97118231-66A2-493F-8A0B-410F98045D4D.png
B405F270-2BFB-45D9-A16B-7AE343A249E4.png

San Remo is complete. My favorite rally on this game, which doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll finish higher than last again. I like to think of this rally as ‘Rally of Gear Three’.

Speaking of three, gotta love all the ‘3’ turns that really should be ‘2’s but oh well. And while I’m nitpicking about the codriver, there’s one particularly bad countdown: “three...two...ONE.......go?”

Also, I cannot figure out where I picked up massive damage after stage 5. I finished the stage without a scratch (see video) but when the times are shown it looks like a mangled soda can. Missing windshield and all. :confused:

Here are my times. For brevity I’m going to only show the total elapsed time for each stage but will include the power stage time.
I watched a little your drive. I think, you can better, because your tactics is incorrect - its the reason. The same cause why you dont feel V-Rally 4. You brakes too early and then try on low speed to turn with wheel only. You swim along track like it would be lakeshore. But more agressive behaviour needed. Of course, you must use free sliding, but you can pass corner with quite rough wheel moving just in the moment of you release brake pedal - and only after that swim with slight correcting by wheel... and dont forget return to center at corner exiting and push gas! So, watch Lucas' or mine recording bearing in mind what I said now - I think, you'll really improve, because generally physical feeling presents in your driving.

Last edited:
Hmm, I see, nobody posts anything. Does our championship is being continued? As for me, I have a question: does we really have to post screenshots of every stage and summary for finished part of rally? Somebody posts here nothing at all - so, may be I can post video recording and sreens of power stage result and whole rally result?
then, I have question about Finland. Himos is not suitable for probe and tuning, because it has special road covering. So, may be, it would be better to use now Ouninpohja instead of first stage? This track is very complicated, and without attempts many players can simply kill car and not reach finish. The same deal to backward thack - so, may be, it wuold be helpful to permit to try it also. For me its not so actually, because at this track I worked well not so long time ago not only with Escudo Pikes Peak, but with A8 cars also, but for other competitors it can be important.

Last edited:
Hmm, I see, nobody posts somewhat. Does our championship is being continued? As for me, I have a question: does we really have to post screenshots of every stage and summary for finished part of rally? Somebody posts here nothing at all - so, may be I can post video recording and sreens of power stage result and whole rally result?
then, I have question about Finland. Himos is not suitable for probe and tuning, because it has special road covering. So, may be, it would be better to use now Ouninpohja instead of first stage? This track is very complicated, and without attempts many players can simply kill car and not reach finish. The same deal to backward thack - so, may be, it wuold be helpful to permit to try it also. For me its not so actually, because at this track I worked well not so long time ago not only with Escudo Pikes Peak, but with A8 cars also, but for other competitors it can be important.

Really, the bare minimum is a screenshot of the power stage and the total rally time. Some people post here, some don't. Most of the ones who don't is because they don't speak English, and they are from our South American online racing group in WhatsApp. So I get most people's times through that medium.

You're right about Finland, that SSS-style sucks. I'll post a special shakedown for Finland when it's time.

95e71b5a7901.jpg

27df944acb01.jpg

So, as you see, I use here Lancer. But I'm not sure, that I want to sign for it for all later rallies. Looks like, at gravel stages it will lose really too much....

So, as you see, I use here Lancer. But I'm not sure, that I want to sign for it for all later rallies. Looks like, at gravel stages it will lose really too much....

I would say to just run as a privateer from now on with whatever car you like. Mitsu and Subaru have gotten closer to Lancia but I don't want to endanger Lancia's hard-fought provisional third place.

Just remembered I hadn't posted my run!
PS: 3:43.182
Total. 46:39.371

I've gone over to PC now, which gives me 60fps and looks a bit nicer but can't remap the handbrake on my G29. Does anyone know how?
Also, had a problem with rewind not working once. OK, so I was against using it but if it's in our rules it's silly not to.

I struggle with this rally. Sometimes I'm in the groove and it feels natural, mostly I just make stupid mistakes or struggle with dry tarmac hairpins.
A few spins losing time but had a lucky moment when I went over the edge and managed to respawn before I hit the ground (33:30). None of that "You must stop the car to reset" nonsense here.

Oh, I've yet to set up streaming so this is an uploaded recording.....which is probably good given the quality of my streams from PS4.

Really, the bare minimum is a screenshot of the power stage and the total rally time. Some people post here, some don't. Most of the ones who don't is because they don't speak English, and they are from our South American online racing group in WhatsApp. So I get most people's times through that medium.

You're right about Finland, that SSS-style sucks. I'll post a special shakedown for Finland when it's time.

I was thinking about this for Wales. This year's WRC event used Gt Orme, ending in Llandudno town centre for the finish but felt this wasn't representative of the overall rally so the power stage was held earlier in the morning. I think we should do that, and not just because I always hit a curb and crash. Could still play by the rules that your PS points only count if you finish the event.

Just remembered I hadn't posted my run!
PS: 3:43.182
Total. 46:39.371

I've gone over to PC now, which gives me 60fps and looks a bit nicer but can't remap the handbrake on my G29. Does anyone know how?
Also, had a problem with rewind not working once. OK, so I was against using it but if it's in our rules it's silly not to.

I struggle with this rally. Sometimes I'm in the groove and it feels natural, mostly I just make stupid mistakes or struggle with dry tarmac hairpins.
A few spins losing time but had a lucky moment when I went over the edge and managed to respawn before I hit the ground (33:30). None of that "You must stop the car to reset" nonsense here.

Oh, I've yet to set up streaming so this is an uploaded recording.....which is probably good given the quality of my streams from PS4.
You do really not bad, but, looks like, that the problem is also in fact that you dont know tracks so good as me and some other guys. The rules would be absolutly exellent in case of everybody never tried all tracks, but since some participants knows well most dangerous or complicated virages (and as a result can produce that crazy runs), it means, that conditions are not equal. So, I think, others has at least to watch video recordings. If investigate deeper my channel, you can find there many tracks... or you simply can print in search track name and "world record". I think, it could be helpful. Also I think it would be nothing bad in case you'll use mini-map.

I've just switched to PC and he's not joking about being on all the leaderboards!

If you look back through the forum to when the teams were formed you'll see that only the top 5 drivers from last season got to pick cars, the rest of us got to express a preference, which pfei accommodated as far as possible when balancing teams. This means a number of us are driving our second choice. I'm happy because it means I can blame the car!

I quite like the idea of having privateers. The team system requires commitment. Allowing privateers gives late entires or casual players a chance to join for a part season without letting anyone down.

You do really not bad, but, looks like, that the problem is also in fact that you dont know tracks so good as me and some other guys. The rules would be absolutly exellent in case of everybody never tried all tracks, but since some participants knows well most dangerous or complicated virages (and as a result can produce that crazy runs), it means, that conditions are not equal. So, I think, others has at least to watch video recordings. If investigate deeper my channel, you can find there many tracks... or you simply can print in search track name and "world record". I think, it could be helpful. Also I think it would be nothing bad in case you'll use mini-map.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I rely too much on pace notes, which is not good in this game. I think you're on to something here because I can have fast, smooth sections but in other places I'm all over the road. I'm playing more RBR at the moment and that's another 1600Km of stages to remember, which probably doesn't help!

Hmm, I think, if team distribution is mandatory, it wuold be great idea to gather all previous season leaders in Mitsubishi team! :lol: I dont know, how will it work in SanRemo (I tried Mitsu and Subie at Apricale, Mitsu even won, but, may be, it was lucky)... so, I tried Mexico tracks.... mamma mia, Mitsu lose to Subie 10 seconds at each track!

. I'm playing more RBR at the moment and that's another 1600Km of stages to remember, which probably doesn't help!
1600 km? Really? Hmmm, I still play only classic 2004 year stages sometimes.... I have no confidence to chaotic home-made projects, and once I saw recording with, as if C4 rushing in Chirdonhead like a train... but 1600 km - its impressive...

1600 km? Really? Hmmm, I still play only classic 2004 year stages sometimes.... I have no confidence to chaotic home-made projects, and once I saw recording with, as if C4 rushing in Chirdonhead like a train... but 1600 km - its impressive...

Yeah, a few are best stages I've ever seen in a rally game. Most are at least as good as the originals but a few are pretty poor. To be fair I think the bad ones are a sort of early access as they'll get a few releases with each adding scenery, road texture etc.

I'll bet the recording you saw was using original physics. The latest NGP is as good as SLRE, probably better. I'm on the Czech online system, where they only allow NGP cars anyway. They even provide a nice tool to install and select cars so no messing about editing ini files every time you want to try something different.

It's free so why not give it a try....although that's what I did out of curiosity and now its sucked me in. If Dirt Rally 2.0 lives up to the hype I'm going to be busy next year!

Hmmm, you a bit surprize and discourage me. I thought that those who play SLRE and RBR cannot play Dirt - like me and some my friends. Dirt Rally is railway arcade. I tried to play first summer (2015) - mostly RWD cars, but than stopped and when tried to return each time founded its impossible for me. In Dirt 4 they tried to follow my critical notes, which I tried to push-up at codemasters' forum... but they didnt succeed. The game playable, but rather ugly. Also dont want to think about start it.
Who was really succed - its Kylotonn guys! They really made (in V-Rally 4) what Dirt 4 have had to be! Its exellent "ballet" rally, like original RBR, but its easy and funny to play! And its really sad, the nobody play... because codemasters forced people creep with railway, not fly. At DR2 video I see that they again made it for crowd, with ugly sub-buildings above usual dirt railway. No, thanks! So, now I enjoy great VR4, and then, may be, will try that (fake?) RBR.

Back