SLRE Honor System League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 539 comments
Well sorry to jump on this discussion but here's how I see it:
1- First this is a game that is nearly dead and that nobody plays. Everyone is obsessed with their codemasters rally games in the rally world...
2- Therefore we (or I) are (or am) very thankful and happy that still few people play it.
3- Since it's nearly dead, and since most if not all, are already occupied by other games (me with AC, PC2, RDR2, BF5 etc...), the championship was agreed upon to be very friendly and honor based.
4- Honor meaning that you vow to do only one shot/try of each rally without any restarts or trickery; just as it would happen in real life. And since the game doesn't have a built-in system that can control that (unlike dirt rally or dirt 4), we had to resort to such honor gentlemen agreement.
5- For all of the above reasons, and since the game doesn't have a built-in system that can control date and duration of the rally (again unlike dirt rally or dirt 4), and since we're here for fun and just cheerful about the fact that few still play it, we can easily wait for each other and agree to extend for whatever amount of time until everyone has done the rally.
It's not eSports here in this thread.

You know, I dont think that SLRE is "nearly dead". For me its absolutly live, I played 500 hours this year and I shall continue play, may be, 10 years more, like with RBR. Its beautiful - and by this reason immortal! Its still challenging - and produce endless enjoyment!

And what is really "nearly dead" - its just rally community. This year I passed a season in Colin-04 Rally. It was massive game! Everybody played! I didnt play online there, but even in 2009, after 5 years, i entered multiplayer - and servers were overfulled in deepest (Europe) night!

And it was TRUE RALLY GAME! I feel myself well there! Its, may be, simplified, but its the same basically physics model as in SLRE, WRC5, V-Rally 4!

But what in this time do "rally world?" You seats in unbelevably ugly and unnatural fake "simulators". I launched DR these days and entered career championship I started 3 years ago with the same, as if, Impreza 95. Hmm, with MK4 I was even top 10 in June, 2015 mobthly championship, but now... what a hell! I turn wheel slightly - and in the same moment car turns just for the same angle! All driving consist from somewhat idiotis convulsoins, insulting your physical intuition! Not enjoyment - but self-persecution! I see, modern community play just for somewhat masochistic feelings, produced by this castrated physics, which demand to keep continuous strain and make these shooting-game-type jerks.

Its just why I dont like, when SLRE championship became turned into somewhat hospice! You everybody has a room for improvenent - for true progress, creative self-development! No such room in DR with railway tracks - but here it would be the work not wearisome, but producing increasing enjoyment and pleasure!

So, in this case it would be better allow work each stage - but for limited time, like in WRC last years competitions. In Wensday organizer announce rally location - and in Sunday you have result. Show what you really can do! Although, better it would be from Saturday...

So, its really what worth of. Otherwise it looks like attempts to make excuse for yourself, recieve pardon for soul saling to the devil of ugly super-arcade playing.

You know, I dont think that SLRE is "nearly dead". For me its absolutly live, I played 500 hours this year and I shall continue play, may be, 10 years more, like with RBR. Its beautiful - and by this reason immortal! Its still challenging - and produce endless enjoyment!

And what is really "nearly dead" - its just rally community. This year I passed a season in Colin-04 Rally. It was massive game! Everybody played! I didnt play online there, but even in 2009, after 5 years, i entered multiplayer - and servers were overfulled in deepest (Europe) night!

And it was TRUE RALLY GAME! I feel myself well there! Its, may be, simplified, but its the same basically physics model as in SLRE, WRC5, V-Rally 4!

But what in this time do "rally world?" You seats in unbelevably ugly and unnatural fake "simulators". I launched DR these days and entered career championship I started 3 years ago with the same, as if, Impreza 95. Hmm, with MK4 I was even top 10 in June, 2015 mobthly championship, but now... what a hell! I turn wheel slightly - and in the same moment car turns just for the same angle! All driving consist from somewhat idiotis convulsoins, insulting your physical intuition! Not enjoyment - but self-persecution! I see, modern community play just for somewhat masochistic feelings, produced by this castrated physics, which demand to keep continuous strain and make these shooting-game-type jerks.

Its just why I dont like, when SLRE championship became turned into somewhat hospice! You everybody has a room for improvenent - for true progress, creative self-development! No such room in DR with railway tracks - but here it would be the work not wearisome, but producing increasing enjoyment and pleasure!

So, in this case it would be better allow work each stage - but for limited time, like in WRC last years competitions. In Wensday organizer announce rally location - and in Sunday you have result. Show what you really can do! Although, better it would be from Saturday...

So, its really what worth of. Otherwise it looks like attempts to make excuse for yourself, recieve pardon for soul saling to the devil of ugly super-arcade playing.

I think most people in this league would agree that DiRT Rally has some serious flaws in its physics and/or dynamic tire/aero model. The thing is, you are looking for an ultra-competitive league, which is something we're not doing here. Online PvP would be ideal but it's too hard to get people together. And the WRC 7 eSports league we had going... well, half the competitors would miss each rally because of time constraints. It's too difficult to get people together like that for an old game that not many people own.

It works for Gran Turismo Sport because you have tens of thousands of people participating in each FIA race. It doesn't work for SLRE because it's old and not many people play it anymore. It's even hard to get people to participate in Railway Arcade leagues lately. So we just work with hand we have been dealt.

Hmmm, what means "do with rally car in a sim"? I can agree, that, as I wrote, i'm "animal" at this game. But if for you Dirt Rally is a sim, of course, I'm not "animal": I simply cannot drive there. Really, I'm rather an amateur, but I can do good sometimes. And I'm NOT masturb, which suck each corner: always I drive rather intuitively and with improvisation. By this reason I dont like lap racing and dont play a lot there: really cannot compete with those who can make the same 50 times in a row, with previous endless chew-over.
I dont play WRC 7, because I dont like it: it more similar to DR. Although after release I played and was on top. But I played WRC5, which is more similar to SLRE, and there I was really the king. I didnt participate esport itself, but I won shakedown tournament with all the best participating.... and then, when Raceroom, SimRaceway, Forza masturbs fighted for real car, they were unable to beat my results at decisive stages Also you can watch this - also not bad result (3 place in Grand Challenge with 70000 participants and value prizes):

So, in vain you attacks me: I have no so great pretensions, but I'm also not so bad. And, yes, I've already understood that this league is not for me, and stopped participate.

No point on arguing with someone like you anymore. Have a good life ;)

Today is the last day for San Remo. @Drex124 did I miss your time posting?

Results so far:

Screenshot from 2018-11-30 09-47-08.png

Really dreading Finland. I haven’t run this Rally in literal months. There’s a distinct chance I might not even beat the AI on ‘easy’. :ill:

Great event you've got going here @Pfei 👍 Will you run another season?

Not sure yet. We'll have to guage interest once this one is finished in January. I, personally, would be up for another one. Need some ideas on how to mix things up!

Feel free to jump in this season if you wish. If you do, try to get San Remo done ASAP. Today is the last day but we can probably hold off until Monday to close the rally.

Not sure yet. We'll have to guage interest once this one is finished in January. I, personally, would be up for another one. Need some ideas on how to mix things up!

Feel free to jump in this season if you wish. If you do, try to get San Remo done ASAP. Today is the last day but we can probably hold off until Monday to close the rally.

Thank you very much but I've been out of SLRE a long time but I'll see if I can find a copy in the store this weekend. If I do I'll DM you 👍

Don't wait on me for San Remo though ;)

Lucas_Picone1 Returns to Victory in San Remo!

slre-san-remo-ganador_1d80f.jpg

Rally results:

slre-san-remo-results_5f497.jpg

Power Stage results:

slre-san-remo-ps_b1ce8.jpg

Drivers standings:

slre-san-remo-standings_85665.jpg

Team standings:

slre-san-remo-teams_163c3.jpg

@Drex124 please give us a sign of life. I will update the standings if you manage to get San Remo done.

Round 5: Finland

slre-finland-encabezado_75acd.jpg

Target date for Finland is 15 December. Shakedown will be Paijala instead of Stage 1.

Attention Competitors

It has come to our attention that there is a trap on Finland at the end of Stage 5. The red signs indicating the end of the stage are placed just before a hairpin left. If you finish the stage at full speed your car quickly leaves the area the camera is panning on, and evidently it gets massive damage after the finish line.

I advise maximum precaution at the end of SS5. Finish the stage as if you also had to take that haripin.

@doblocruiser you may have been affected by this and you are authorized to run Finland again if you wish. You are the only one who has run so far, besides me. I found this "trap" and it has been confirmed by another member of the league.

Thanks @Pfei for the warning and that you allow to run again. However, it was completely my own fault so I leave it like it is. Took a corner to enthusiastic and hit a tree :boggled:

I had to dismantle my rig completely due to Christmas decorations and the season in general as an arrangement with the ma'am.
I don't know for how much I will be out of the simracing world :(
Cons of having a very small house and your rig in the living room...

Can anyone take my place?

I had to dismantle my rig completely due to Christmas decorations and the season in general as an arrangement with the ma'am.
I don't know for how much I will be out of the simracing world :(
Cons of having a very small house and your rig in the living room...

Can anyone take my place?

Sorry to hear that. Any way you can squeeze in Finland and the next one real quick?

Ford is disappearing. If Drex doesn't show I may have Nacho take his place for now.

Here's my disastrous run. By the night stage the car was undriveable!

Since this run I've see the post about SS% but not sure I can claim post SS5 damage because my driving was generally bad and watching the footage it seems I was having some handling problems even on SS5 itself. Wouldn't want to rerun and be accused of cheating ;)

Total: 39:17.742

Although you did have some damage, you completely totalled the car at the end of SS5. It has to be taken slow, 2nd gear or lower, otherwise the car hits the barriers after the finish line and takes heave damage.

So a restart is valid if you want to.

Latest Posts

Back