20190215_225340.jpg
20190215_225343.jpg
20190215_225359.jpg
20190215_225324.jpg

Youtube videos are up.

Last edited:
PS: 03:17.229
Total: 40:15.443

As usual a poor performance for my home event. Only stage I seem to get into the groove on is Myherin and even here I had a moment when I spotted a corner I'd been standing on in November! I really can't do the Great Orme stages, the night one was particularly difficult due to muddy windscreen - had to switch to bonnet cam for that.
Split into 2 videos because I clicked on an alert outside the game, which stopped recording.

It's been a tough season and I haven't done well in this car but have enjoyed it. I mostly enter RBR events now and of course Dirt Rally 2.0 is out tomorrow but hope we'll continue with another season here.

@Pfei, Ijust as an idea, I've already missed Finland rally. Am I allowed to do that now so I can improve my rating/standings?
Edit: or maybe it is too much hassle for you to change a big part of the points/standings and recalculate all of that again?

@Pfei, Ijust as an idea, I've already missed Finland rally. Am I allowed to do that now so I can improve my rating/standings?
Edit: or maybe it is too much hassle for you to change a big part of the points/standings and recalculate all of that again?

Go ahead. I'll squeeze you in. I'm going to close Alsace this weekend even though there are a couple MIAs. Everyone can do Wales now, too. Results of Alsace soon.

Oh hi there, turns out I'm alive after all. Life decided to get in the way, and during that time I stopped getting notifications from this thread. It's actually one of Scaffs videos that reminded me. Anyway, I'm back, if you'll have me. :D

Oh hi there, turns out I'm alive after all. Life decided to get in the way, and during that time I stopped getting notifications from this thread. It's actually one of Scaffs videos that reminded me. Anyway, I'm back, if you'll have me. :D

Great to hear from you! Honestly, I was worried. Happy to see you post again here.

We're finishing Alsace now this weekend. Feel free to jump right back in. Run Wales at your leisure, too. I'm looking to wrap this up ASAP.

We've had some dropouts lately. If we do another championship it will be without teams and stuff. All good until Xmas time when people started disappearing.

Glad to have you back. Let's wrap up this second season and then we'll guage interest for #3. Maybe something shorter but punishing as hell...

OK, I finally wrapped up Alsace. Due to some people "disappearing" I have only counted the top two cars for team points. On to Wales!

slre-alsace-results.jpg

slre-alsace-ps.jpg

slre-alsace-standings.jpg

slre-alsace-teams.jpg

SS1: I'd say it's good to be back, but Alsace is probably my most disliked of the rallies in this game (though Sweden also makes a good case for itself). The first stage was largely uneventful, right up until the end when I scared the pants off the spectators at the top of that hill.

SS2: The following excerpt was taken from the Scooby Guide to SLRE Pacenotes: "Be aware that any corner combined with the tighten call (ex: six left tighten) is likely to result in death, broken cars, and/or annoyed service mechanics."

SS3-SS5: Not much happened here really, took it very cautiously which can make for some tense driving, but isn't very quick or exciting. At least I'm keeping the car in one piece.

SS6: Why is it that every time I admit it's going well disaster strikes!? Two corners in I decide to press the clutch button, except this isn't Dirt Rally and that's no clutch button, it's the rewind. And I was going to need that later... Later being an argument with a tree. I didn't think it belonged there, and it thought it did... Yeah the tree won that one. So now I'm down on power, and one of the wheels was starting to get commitment issues. This plus a questionable cornering attempt lead to a second visit to the trees. Now the gearbox had a concussion and the handling got even worse. Still, can't get much worse can it? *Crash* x2. Yeah that was pretty much the end of any hope I had left. In the end the turbo quit, gear changes had to be requested by fax they were that slow, the front end of the car had taken up it's new identity as a wood elf and left, and the rest of the running gear was probably ready to sue for divorce. Yay me.

SS7-SS8: Back to slow and carefull(ish).

Sorry it took a while. I planned on putting in the replays as usual, but OBS and SLRE's inability to keep a consistent framerate don't play nice. Didn't find that out until I got to editing.

Just a heads up regarding the end of the season. Due to other engagements I will be closing Wales on the 4th of March and will publish the final results soon after.

In April we can guage interest in another championship. So if anyone is interested start thinking of some ideas.

One of my worst rallies. My wheel bugged again. It presses by itself all sort of buttons when making sharp harsh turnes. It stopped recording the video but i didn't know that.
I also pressed by mistake the rewind button many times for no reason which screwed me up in the stage later on when i really made huge mistakes...
S1 6:32.040
S2 2:57.563
S3 6:12.722
S4 3:02.802
S5 6:29.234
S6 3:14.614
S7 6:25.552
S8 3:20.724
Total 38:15.25120190303_221414.jpg 20190303_221433.jpg 20190303_221401.jpg 20190303_221425.jpg 20190303_221423.jpg 20190303_221430.jpg 20190303_221427.jpg 20190303_221420.jpg 20190303_221417.jpg

Don’t think I’m going to be able to get Wales done by Monday. Not that I’m going to get many points anyway. :guilty:

Sorry to my Subaru teammates, but this one’s a DNF.

Lucas_Picone1 is Champion of Season 2 - Ford Secures Manufacturer Title.

Results are finally finished. Sorry for the delay.

We'll take some time off for now and in April we'll gauge interest for another championship. With shorter rallies. Perhaps even a PvP championship if we can get hours straight. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of stage times and allow us to run full rallies online.

slre-wales-results.jpg

slre-wales-ps.jpg

slre-wales-champ.jpg

slre-wales-teams.jpg

Back