SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Some people take role playing to a whole other level so you never know, someone may genuinely enjoy getting to do that. Normally we run 16 in a room because going full 24 adds too much strain for Sunday nights but 16 + 1 for Safety Car might not be so bad.

Some people take role playing to a whole other level so you never know, someone may genuinely enjoy getting to do that. Normally we run 16 in a room because going full 24 adds too much strain for Sunday nights but 16 + 1 for Safety Car might not be so bad.

I thought private lobbies were still capped at 16 people.
Either way, that would be entertaining to add, I would enjoy the brake halfway through a 90min race if we did in fact need a safety car.

My $.02

1) I am open for any day but voted for Mon, Tues, Weds.
2) I like the tire selection (hard vs med vs soft)
3) I dont have a preference for length of event, however; this could also be made an option to the winner with all the suggestions @BradESPN gave but may add too much confusion (maybe the option to pick between 2 - I.E., one 1.5hr or two 45min:
A) One 1.5 hour race
B) One 1 hour race
C) Two 1 hour races
D) Two 45 minute races

Other than that....LETS GET IT ON!!!!

I still would like to see a new combo week after week for the endurance. Start with this weeks winning combo and then the winner for the endurance would get to pick the next combo. Or..... the loser picks. Something new.
Tire selection, I would stay away from super softs. Hard and softs should be the selections. If we have a street car I think we stick with the current snail rules for tires. So we would have sport tires to consider.

More confusion to add to the tires, this is another idea I have.
2:45 minute races allow only for street tires.
1:1.5 hr tire selection is racing package minus super softs.
Being able to strategize your tire wear though would also be key. I think if you allow your tires to go too far past their wear point is on you, time it right for your pit stops. I feel like at his point I’m rambling but just a few things I’ve thought about.

I still would like to see a new combo week after week for the endurance. Start with this weeks winning combo and then the winner for the endurance would get to pick the next combo. Or..... the loser picks. Something new.
Tire selection, I would stay away from super softs. Hard and softs should be the selections. If we have a street car I think we stick with the current snail rules for tires. So we would have sport tires to consider.

Being able to strategize your tire wear though would also be key. I think if you allow your tires to go too far past their wear point is on you, time it right for your pit stops. I feel like at his point I’m rambling but just a few things I’ve thought about.

The only issue with using sport tires is that fuel would be the only determining factor for stops. To wear down sport tires enough to have them impact you seriously on times would be a very long time.

The only issue with using sport tires is that fuel would be the only determining factor for stops. To wear down sport tires enough to have them impact you seriously on times would be a very long time.

Is there a down side to using racing tires for street cars?

A couple of you have mentioned that super softs should be avoided - why is that?

The only downside I could think of and completely just preference. I think most of the challenge of powerful cars on sport tires is that you don't have too much grip. Saying it that way gives the idea that more grip is bad however.

I’ll open a lobby tonight at 7 (CST), with the first race starting at 7:30. I’m planning on going through each of this week’s Sunday combos, 45 minutes each, 4x fuel/tires, same tires as normal SNAIL. We can debate lobby settings in the lobby if necessary.

This weekend I’ll open lobbies for 1.5 hour races at each combo.

I’ll open a lobby tonight at 7 (CST), with the first race starting at 7:30. I’m planning on going through each of this week’s Sunday combos, 45 minutes each, 4x fuel/tires, same tires as normal SNAIL. We can debate lobby settings in the lobby if necessary.

What car do I need to have ready?

Add me please.

Definitely enjoyed the enduro lobby tonight thanks @BradESPN again for hosting. Another thought which can be an easy no as not to try and throw to much into the mix. If we get the participants to have two classes of cars?

I'll open another lobby tonight at 6 PM (CST), and tomorrow morning at 10 AM (races starting at 6:30 and 10:30 respectively) to give 1.5 hour races a shot. How about we do the Genesis at Tsukuba tonight, and the NSX at Suzuka tomorrow morning?

I won't be able to race until Sunday night, away for the weekend.

Multi class would be kindve cool, 8 drivers in faster cars, 8 drivers in slower cars.

I actually haven't done a lick of iRacing even though I subscribed for a year. *shrug* I spend all my driving time in PC2. Mainly prepping for league races. I have one tonight as a matter fact. Algarve 1.5 Hrs. Gonna be a great time. I think we have 9 LMP2 and 19 GT3 registered to race.

I likely will not even touch another game as long as I have house projects... so yeah... not likely unfortunately. Maybe someday I'll surprise you guys though. I would love it, no doubt.

This weekend is out for me, short of a miracle, but I will make as many weekends as I can and hope to be around next weekend

I actually haven't done a lick of iRacing even though I subscribed for a year. *shrug* I spend all my driving time in PC2

Ahh I thought you were doing iRacing not PCars. Hope to see you back one day

So I assume we're starting this tomorrow as Tuesday was the day that was voted - and we're just waiting on which track combo was voted the best from this week correct?

Have we come to a decision about fuel/tire wear, and if we're allowing multiple tire compounds?

I didn't cast a vote for which night, only because I wasn't sure how much time I could commit to this in the summer regardless, but Tuesday works better than any other day, so I'm glad the votes swung that way.:cheers:

Back