SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
I do believe that is what we are looking at(combo/raceday). @BradESPN can confirm. Also multi tire and 4x tire fuel? I believe was the settings.

Thanks to everyone who helped test this weekend! Here's where we stand:

Race Night: Tuesday
This Tuesday's Race:
Should be looking at Suzuka and the gr.2 I believe.
Multiple Tire Compounds: Yes (RS -> RH or SS -> SH, depending on car)
Race Length: ??? (Leaning towards 1.5 hour, but what do you all think?)

I can't make it this week but personally I'd still prefer two 40 or 50 minute races since you said 45 can't be done right?I take it race cars get the racing tire selection and all road cars get the sports tire selection. That seems fine. If you do the shorter races two stops might be too much and should set it up for just one. Whatever you wanna do though.

I can't make it this week but personally I'd still prefer two 40 or 50 minute races since you said 45 can't be done right?I take it race cars get the racing tire selection and all road cars get the sports tire selection. That seems fine. If you do the shorter races two stops might be too much and should set it up for just one. Whatever you wanna do though.
Yep, 45 is a no-go (we'd have to choose between 40 and 50).

And also yep, I was thinking race cars->racing tire, road cars->sports tire

Ditto to 90 minutes, but I would prefer a fuel of x2 or x3.

When we did the 90 minute at Tsukuba at 4x, we had some taking 4 pits, some 3, with 2 being possible. I was thinking 3x might be the sweet spot.

I'll open the room at 7:30 (CST), qualifying starts at 8, and the race starts at 8:30.
I have obviously had zero time to prepare or practice, but will you be on tonight at all practicing?

I have obviously had zero time to prepare or practice, but will you be on tonight at all practicing?
Yep, I'll be on for sure. I might be distracted by the FIA race @ Interlagos for a bit, but I'll be around.

I can make the race but will miss qualifying will that be ok

Yep, qualifying will be very... laid back. Basically I'll just refresh the room at 8 and everyone will have 30 minutes to get their fastest time in. If you get there late, you'll just have less time to put a time down. If you miss qualifying entirely, you'll simply start in the back.

We all have an agreement to not adjust brake balance so it shouldn't be any different. I never liked that fuel mixture crap anyway, especially since it can be used on road cars and that makes no sense whatsoever.

We all have an agreement to not adjust brake balance so it shouldn't be any different. I never liked that fuel mixture crap anyway, especially since it can be used on road cars and that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm fine with allowing people to use fuel map.
Also, I wasn't aware that moving the brake balance wasn't allowed - I almost never use it at stock, it's usually at +1 or +2 for me.

Good point... I'm down, anyone else disagree?

I'm fine with allowing people to use fuel map.
Also, I wasn't aware that moving the brake balance wasn't allowed - I almost never use it at stock, it's usually at +1 or +2 for me.
If anyone took the time to check you could have gotten serious IRs for that. Keep it stock from now on :)

Yep, qualifying will be very... laid back. Basically I'll just refresh the room at 8 and everyone will have 30 minutes to get their fastest time in. If you get there late, you'll just have less time to put a time down. If you miss qualifying entirely, you'll simply start in the back.
Cool man sounds good to me

If anyone took the time to check you could have gotten serious IRs for that. Keep it stock from now on :)

I'll keep BB at stock, however I think adjusting fuel map is fine, in my opinion the same results can be achieved by short shifting that fuel mapping does - it's just a bit harder to do.

And where might they go to check to see if someone changed their brake bias?

Can you give us an example of when someone has ever been penalized for changing it? If its happened it was before my time.

I don't know how you can check anyone's brake balance via replay, as it's always something I struggle to figure out myself and usually I just rely on what my faster friends are using.

I messed with my fuel map during our 1.5hr at tsukuba and boy did that back fire on me.

Also, ill add that this should be allowed so if you make a mistakes as I did then its your fault. Brake bias is a different animal in my opinion and since its not allowed in other snail races it shouldn't be in endurance either.

Last edited:
I think you can check it when cycling through the driver info in a lobby. That screen that can show HP and weight, tire selection, etc.?

@SAMHAIN85 Yea I haven't seen it happen but I know it's against the rules.

With the fuel mapping, it's just my opinion so do whatever you want and people will come. And nothing is ever set in stone. You'd be surprised the amount of data you get from one week of racing a new series.

You can't check someones brake balance through a replay and nobody has ever been penalized in SNAIL for changing it.

With that being said, there was a time that I was racing enough and watching enough replays that I knew (or was fairly certain) who was adjusting brake balance and who wasn't. It wasn't a large number of drivers but those that were (or were thought to be) doing it might surprise some.

I will not attempt to name anyone as I have no proof, it's just observatons.

You can't check someones brake balance through a replay and nobody has ever been penalized in SNAIL for changing it.

With that being said, there was a time that I was racing enough and watching enough replays that I knew (or was fairly certain) who was adjusting brake balance and who wasn't. It wasn't a large number of drivers but those that were (or were thought to be) doing it might surprise some.

I will not attempt to name anyone as I have no proof, it's just observatons.

I used it the first few weeks I was in Snail due to not knowing it wasn't allowed. I see that this is the case with many new members. Is this clearly stated in the OLR? If not than an amendment should be made.

Latest Posts

Back