SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
I've never used the brake bias in spec racing and I for one wish it could be manually prohibited, and didn't even know about the fuel map thing, so if that's allowed in this endurance league I'm gonna need some tips on how to use it, and how not to.

I've never used the brake bias in spec racing and I for one wish it could be manually prohibited, and didn't even know about the fuel map thing, so if that's allowed in this endurance league I'm gonna need some tips on how to use it, and how not to.
This pretty much sums it up:

Fuel Map consumption and power differences:
@1 - 100% power/100% consumption
@2 - 96% power/89% consumption
@3 - 92% power/78% consumption
@4 - 88% power/68% consumption
@5 - 84% power/60% consumption
@6 - 80% power/52% consumption

This comes from this post in the GT Sport forum.

I used it the first few weeks I was in Snail due to not knowing it wasn't allowed. I see that this is the case with many new members. Is this clearly stated in the OLR? If not than an amendment should be made.

Section 3.1 of the OLR / Policies and Guidelines:

Tuning Prohibited in SNAIL means that you are not allowed to do anything to the car that changes it's performance in any way, shape, or form.

Below is a list of what you are allowed, or required, to do:

1. Change tires (may be required depending on the car)
2. Change wheels. (see next section).
3. Paint wheels.
4. Paint body.
5. Add a number plate.
6. Add a custom livery.

You may not adjust any other setting or replace / upgrade any other part of the car. If what you are thinking about doing to you car is not in the above list, don't do it. Only the 6 items listed above are allowed under SNAIL rules.

also if you have any questions about what can and can't be done on the Sunday Spec racing, this should clear it up. From the OLR, Policies and Guidelines:

Tuning Prohibited in SNAIL means that you are not allowed to do anything to the car that changes it's performance in any way, shape, or form.

3. Paint wheels.
4. Paint body.
5. Add a number plate.
6. Add a custom livery.

You may not adjust any other setting or replace / upgrade any other part of the car. If what you are thinking about doing to you car is not in the above list, don't do it. Only the 6 items listed above are allowed under SNAIL rules.

also if you have any questions about what can and can't be done on the Sunday Spec racing, this should clear it up. From the OLR, Policies and Guidelines:

3. Paint wheels.
4. Paint body.
5. Add a number plate.
6. Add a custom livery.

Nice find and quick too. Just not as quick as me.

This pretty much sums it up:

Fuel Map consumption and power differences:
@1 - 100% power/100% consumption
@2 - 96% power/89% consumption
@3 - 92% power/78% consumption
@4 - 88% power/68% consumption
@5 - 84% power/60% consumption
@6 - 80% power/52% consumption

Ok well I'll leave my *hit at 100%.....I'm like Tim the tool man.....More Power is always better, Lol

Maybe since the brake bias is the only thing that can be changed and all other tuning sections are blocked is why this is questionable. I would specifically state this in this section of the OLR so it is black and white.

Not to distract from the BB topic. I was using fuel mixture in the 90 min enduro using full first tank (1:06s 20mins) 6setting (1:07s 40mins) mix (1:06-08s 30mins) but i did run out of fuel as time expired before i crossed line but was required another lap... ha

Will this be a rolling start or grid type start? The only reason I ask is because with this long of a race, and damage on heavy, I would hate to have my race finished on the start because someone spun out, or even worse, be the person that spins out ending the race for others in the first few seconds of a long race.
I'm good either way, just bringing it up/

Will this be a rolling start or grid type start? The only reason I ask is because with this long of a race, and damage on heavy, I would hate to have my race finished on the start because someone spun out, or even worse, be the person that spins out ending the race for others in the first few seconds of a long race.
I agree I like that idea

Yeah, 100% agree. Let's go with rolling start unless someone can think of a good reason not to...

Yeah, 100% agree. Let's go with rolling start unless someone can think of a good reason not to...

Yes I can.

Grid start will be the undoing of people who want to start with RH tires, there is a reason than in F1 most drivers start with soft or super soft, because if they start with mediums they will be passed at the start of the race.
So if you're starting anywhere near the front in a grid start, you're forced to use soft tires else risk being overtaken.

If we start rolling, it takes away a major strategy, and imo also takes away from the spirit of SNAIL - not many places still start grid especially with TC forced off.

I'll be cool with whatever is decided, but personally I want grid.
Also, with damage being on strong - your car will never be undrivable, it might have to limp back to pit lane to repair - but this is the nature of racing - why have damage on strong if we're just going to start with rolling.

Also, with 30 minutes of qualifying, people are clearly going to be seated for the most part where they should be in terms of pace - so starting with grid will give us exciting racing to start before we all file into position.

Another random element: do you want to have a rule that all drivers must use more than one compound or will it be okay to stay on the same compound the entire race? F1 has it so you need to switch between two of the three available compounds. Just another strategy element.

Another random element: do you want to have a rule that all drivers must use more than one compound or will it be okay to stay on the same compound the entire race? F1 has it so you need to switch between two of the three available compounds. Just another strategy element.

I agree with this, force tire compound switches.

I think you can check it when cycling through the driver info in a lobby.

Like Bowler said theres no way to check. But lets say that screen did allow you to see everyones brake bias. So what? You're not going to be on that screen monitoring it during the race, someone could easily start with 0, change it on the fly during the race, and then go back to 0 at the checkered flag.

Thats why when I stream every Sunday night I make it a point to toggle through my HUD to show that I am always using 0 bias. Thats the only real way to verify it at this point.

As far as fuel mapping (again I dont have much enduro xp) I find that its a legitimate strategy and not so much effecting performance (like brake bias for example) I was messing with it alot during our practice 1.5hr race.

If you prohibit it, are you also going to prohibit people from short-shifting too? (which improves mileage as well) These things arent easy to enforce. I say let people do what they want when it comes to fuel strategy.

I was thinking about limiting the variables to start so we can get some ground data. At least to start we'd have everyone on the same fuel usage so it would come down to tire strategy. Vice versa you could eliminate tires as a thing to change and only have fuel usage as a strategy. Having both right off the bat is a lot to wrap one's head around but it's all a lot of fun. I'm crap at it so the less to think about the better :)

:cheers:

Have we confirmed Suzuka gr2 was the winning combo?
If so, what a way to start an endurance week.

I think it'll be impossible to limit fuel map usage, as short shifting achieves the same results.

Imo have fuel and tire wear, go all out. Endurance pricing wouldn't be right without it.

Have we confirmed Suzuka gr2 was the winning combo?
If so, what a way to start an endurance week.

I think it'll be impossible to limit fuel map usage, as short shifting achieves the same results.

Imo have fuel and tire wear, go all out. Endurance pricing wouldn't be right without it.
Yep, tomorrow night we'll be at Suzuka with the Gr2 NSX.

I've updated the first post in this thread with some "finalized" settings/rules. Please take a look and see if there's something I should add/correct.

I expect quite a bit of fine tuning to these rules as we race over the next few weeks, but I think we'll eventually get to where the majority is happy... which is probably the best we can hope for.

Just thought of another good reason to have it on Tues....there's no FIA race on tues so this will fill the gap, for those of us that do race in those:)

Any other opinions on the rolling vs. grid debate?

Pro-rolling:

Pro-grid:
Yes I can.

Grid start will be the undoing of people who want to start with RH tires, there is a reason than in F1 most drivers start with soft or super soft, because if they start with mediums they will be passed at the start of the race.
So if you're starting anywhere near the front in a grid start, you're forced to use soft tires else risk being overtaken.

If we start rolling, it takes away a major strategy, and imo also takes away from the spirit of SNAIL - not many places still start grid especially with TC forced off.

I'll be cool with whatever is decided, but personally I want grid.
Also, with damage being on strong - your car will never be undrivable, it might have to limp back to pit lane to repair - but this is the nature of racing - why have damage on strong if we're just going to start with rolling.

Also, with 30 minutes of qualifying, people are clearly going to be seated for the most part where they should be in terms of pace - so starting with grid will give us exciting racing to start before we all file into position.

Another debate we need to settle on:

I' not a SNAIL member and have never participated in one of their events but I'm a very clean and respectful driver.

Is it okay for non-SNAILs to participate? I think it's clear that drivers like @Clean Racer can participate, but what about the randos that show up on race night? Is it okay to let 'em participate if it gets us closer to a full grid?

Another debate we need to settle on:

Is it okay for non-SNAILs to participate? I think it's clear that drivers like @Clean Racer can participate, but what about the randos that show up on race night? Is it okay to let 'em participate if it gets us closer to a full grid?

Imo no.
Too much at stake to risk as asshole.

Back