SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't get a big crowd I'll try something on Sunday for all those not interested in sports.
Yeah, please do. I'm day shift all weekend so not truly free until 9. Even if it does work Saturday we can try to practice combos Sunday, or have some racing with $20 Millon cars.

Which base model is it, their is a 08 version and '12 version of the subaru?

Edit: Nevermind, i wasn't paying attention when their is only one BRZ base model for the GT300.

Which base model is it, their is a 08 version and '12 version of the subaru?
Sorry for the delay but there were so many tracks I wanted to pick I couldn't have them all and not have the night last 3+ hours. If you want to see my list I'll post it but as is I'd rather do this. Lemme know what you guys think.

Saturday, February 4th. Around 8-9pm EST
No Tuning
D1 & D2 - Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model - Sport Soft tires
D3 & D4 - Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model - Racing Hard tires
Two 15 minute races set Endurance style, not laps. Race 1 is fastest first as the lobby will be open for a bit. Everything after is reverse grid.
Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward, followed by five minute break in which time players may vote for the next track.
Tire/Fuel Wear set to off, this is to counter the fact that SS and RH wear differently.

My slightly different idea is to have one 30 minute race at each track with a single pit stop requirement to spice things up. Since tire wear isn't an issue it's just when you think you won't lose the most time against your rivals. Might be fun.

Anything I'm missing?

Right, because you assume I'm lying. Jackass...

Moving on, I'm here now to host if you wanna switch over

Right, because you assume I'm lying. Jackass...

Moving on, I'm here now to host if you wanna switch over
Never said your lying, I've noticed a pattern that u flake a lot and rage quit a lot, your the one posting saying u might not make it, Do wish u gl luck on your event u set up.

It's just the way you say it that sounds rude. Something I'm used to doing by accident as well :)

Agreed, and using one car was better. Having different tires AND different cars was too many variables. Like I said, one was NA and MR while the other was Turbo and FR. It made a difference. I'd like to set them all to 1175kg - 300HP to see if that irons out the kinks but if not then one car with two tire compounds. It was fun finding the limit and knowing I was actually making up time on the faster guys.

These cars had enough power right? Would you like to try GT500 next time? If we're using a single car that opens the PP range considerably. I like 350-450HP. I'm also tired so I'm done for the night.

Agreed, and using one car was better. Having different tires AND different cars was too many variables. Like I said, one was NA and MR while the other was Turbo and FR. It made a difference. I'd like to set them all to 1175kg - 300HP to see if that irons out the kinks but if not then one car with two tire compounds. It was fun finding the limit and knowing I was actually making up time on the faster guys.

These cars had enough power right? Would you like to try GT500 next time? If we're using a single car that opens the PP range considerably. I like 350-450HP. I'm also tired so I'm done for the night.

GT500s would be fun to try.

As I mentioned, I think it would also be fun to do some classic race cars - Ferrari 330 P4 and 250 GTO, Ford GT40, the Chaparral cars. I don't know how many people have these in their garage, but it would be fun to run them since we can't on Sunday nights.
Same story as always, I should generally be available after 9, I will post here if I am not.

The Shelby Cobra is fun too, but yea it's about having them in your garage already or taking the time to earn credits to buy them. I only have a few of them so it depends what we choose.

Here's a list of expensive classic cars I own:

-Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corta CN.2521 '61 - 7.5m
-Ford GT40 Mark I '66 - 2.8m
-Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 - 4.5m

No one is on or doing anything. The Superbowl is getting good in the last quarter.
OK. I'll have dinner then. We can shoot for another day. I'll probably be on about 11 anyway.

Holy cow, I don't have enough credits to buy that berlinetta, I need to get to work!

S.O.D.S Holiday Event

Sunday May 28, 2017 at 9:00 PM Eastern Time
This Sunday May 28, 2017 is a SNAIL vacation day and I want to know if any of you SODS (Snails On the Dark Side) would be interested in running a two-combo Sunday Snail-type simulation on Project Cars as a fun filled holiday event. Since we don't have much time to plan, I will set out the game plan, and ask a few opinions here and there.

Format:
  • Two Combos, two races each
  • Qually for Race 1, reverse grid (formation lap) for Race 2
  • Calculated laps to last maximum 18 minutes each
  • Remember - No Tuning (Default Settings)
Event settings:

upload_2017-5-23_19-11-40.png

Schedule will look like this:

upload_2017-5-23_19-30-32.png

Combos

1. Ginetta G55 GT3 @ Road America, USA (8 Laps) [PROJECT CARS STANDARD EDITION]
This one is close to running out of revs on the long back straight. Please give some feed back if you run with more players. We can always change to another car or another track.

2. Aston Martin Vantage GT12 @ Imola, Italy (9 Laps) [FREE CAR]
This is a track ready road car and has a very good base setup. Pleasure to drive.

Note that the practice session is set for 1 hr, but once everyone is ready to go at 9:30 pm, the host will skip to the end of the session and Qually will start.

So, if you are interested please respond in this thread and state your PSN ID so that you can get and invitation

Ok, over to you for you opinions....:nervous:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back