SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have for Sunday night. Everybody will get the invites. I may start a little earlier to get all the invites in by 9:00 pm EST for the half-hour warm up. Looks like there is room for 1 or 2 more if all of you show up
upload_2017-5-27_17-34-57.png

@SGETI ,@Whitey093 ,@Grandpa Money ,@SAMHAIN85 ,@thorracing ,@Xradkins ,@Mike Lobban ,@ONESPACE ,@JLBowler ,@Gr8_Lakes ,@TomMang_68 ,@Adramike ,@Raw10_2u ,@GTLehman ,@Wolfsatz ,

Damn it guys, just realized were seeing guitar extraordinaire Yngwie Malmsteen Sunday night. Completely forgot. It looks like its going to be a big turnout of current and retired Sunday SNAILS which is awesome. Hoping one of you can livestream it, please post a link if you do. Have fun!
Sweet, I bet it's been 20 years since I've seen him. Hope he's not in a wheel chair.

Sweet, I bet it's been 20 years since I've seen him. Hope he's not in a wheel chair.

I saw his band open up for Triumph back in 88. Yngwie was touring his "Trilogy" album at the time and Triumph was touring for "Sport of Kings" . I'll never forget Rick Emmits guitar solo that night. He certainly had to step it up following the likes of Malmstien. That was one epic concert.

I've got to change my maybe into a no as well. I'll be spending my evening around the bbq and the pool.

I am still a hard maybe. If I am able I will be there but I was out until 1 am helping my brother at the dirt track last night so I may be pushing my girlfriends racing tolerance at this point. Fingers crossed.

Holidays can be tough. If turnout is poor, I know of some guys running an Assetto Corsa event.

Hopefully we have enough though. I'm still in!

Sorry guys my maybe is also a no .. wife wants a date ..
Sucks cause I've been wanting to try online with pcars. Still really haven't got the hang of game play on it.

I'm still in!
If you can't hear me be assured I can hear you and follow any instructions.
Also last time on I had no mirrors so I will get it to try and figure out the problem and if I don't trust that I will do my best to hold my line and rely on the map.

Still looking good for numbers tonight. I will open the room soon and send out invites. Join when you ready. Official start time for the first race is 9:30 pm Eastern. We'll do the Ginetta first, so if you want to warm-up the Aston, then you'll be on your own till you join the race room.

I'll need some help with the administration and reverse grid line-up. If I can get someone to help with screen shots or i-pad apps to set up the reverse grid, I'll appreciate that. Also, someone to post the results and fast laps in this thread so I can do some kind of a summary afterwards. (I'll take the pictures too, but I found it tricky the other night during practice)

upload_2017-5-28_18-25-6.png

@SGETI ,@Whitey093 ,@thorracing ,@Xradkins ,@Mike Lobban ,@Gr8_Lakes ,@TomMang_68 ,@Adramike ,@Raw10_2u ,@Wolfsatz ,@Alexrider007 ,

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-28_18-21-30.png
    upload_2017-5-28_18-21-30.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 7
Found my mirror and look back button, mic is still unknown but who wants to hear me anyway, right?

Sent FR. I thought you were already on my list. :dunce:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really fun night tonight. Great to see some SNAIL (GT6) guys dipping their feet into the ProjectCars water. The Dark Side welcomes you!!! Thanks to all that came out.

We missed you tonight @SAMHAIN85 , hope Yngwie Malmsteen was worth it... What a hack. (I'm kidding of course. My brother is 47, been playing guitar daily since age 13, and I remember watching him in his late twenties play Yngwie's music - with my jaw on the floor.) I love his music, as well as Joe Satriani.

Here is tonight's races from my perspective.

Last edited:
I really enjoy the Racing tonight and thanks to you all and Thanks to @Rednose58 for Organizing and Facilitating tonight's event!

as I'm not very familiar with Project Cars, I clicked a button and exited the room accidently and could not find my way back in.
I did not rage quit.

Live Stream of tonight's events three posts above. I didn't wan't to double post, but didn't refresh my screen, so I... ahhh... you guys get it. Sorry, I'm doing my best here. :dunce: Or as my son would say, "Derp."

I really enjoy the Racing tonight and thanks to you all and Thanks to @Rednose58 for Organizing and Facilitating tonight's event!

as I'm not very familiar with Project Cars, I clicked a button and exited the room accidently and could not find my way back in.
I did not rage quit.
I think we've all done that. I live PCars, bit hope they will iron things like that out in the new version.

I think we've all done that. I live PCars, bit hope they will iron things like that out in the new version.

Yes, I hate that. There should be a prompt that asks.. "Do you want to exit the race lobby?",or maybe there is and I've never noticed...

Another silly thing that drives me crazy about the game is in controller configuration. When you go to Controls, the selector begins on the option for the device. If you mistakingly use the crosspad instead of R1 to cycle to the next screen, it changes the device (obviously), but in doing so compeltely erases all of the custom button assignments you may have set under your preferred device. This has happend to me several times on PS4 and just happend to me yesterday on the PC version, which infuriated me because on PC I have half my keyboard custom mapped and synced to my controller emulator settings. Such a PITA.

Speaking of PC... @Rednose58 You have PCARS on PC as well don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back