SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replays for race 1 and 2 of the Holiday event are up and can be found using this 20180527holiday in tag #1.I have tried 4 times to upload the 3rd event and cannot.If someone else has this replay ,could you upload and post.TIA. Thanks to @Rednose for sponsoring this event,and thanks to all who helped.It was fun!

SNAIL HOLIDAY EVENT

upload_2018-5-28_10-20-1.png

Thanks to all who participated. The 1 Hr at the ring was a bit of a bummer with the pit stop issues. The other two races were different. At least Grand Turismo reduced the dust level so you can see where you go all the time. If anybody wants to run a Monthly Friday Series of Rally Races let us know and we will help you set it up

I collected some data and you can find it here

Check out this video where good driving between me and @Rob Brown resulted in a good pass in a difficult spot. Rob was still off balance a bit from going off before the turn, but managed to keep the inside line. My move was risky, but it paid off because there was a responsible driver on the inside.

upload_2018-5-28_10-30-2.png

How do you make custom text decals? I think my crap computer can handle that much at least and it's really cool to see

Time to check interest for the next holiday event on September 2, 2018

Banner.png

MERCEDES-AMG F1 W08 EQ POWER+ 2017
MERCEDES-AMG F1 W08 EQ POWER+ (COLOR VARIATION) 2017
Program.png

Regulations.png

Lobby1.jpg

Lobby2.jpg

Lobby3.jpg

Let me know if I missed something

Drivers' List:

@Rednose58 ...(PSN=Rednose58) Yes, please, sign me up! 1
@TexasJDC ...(PSN=TexasmostHated) Yes, please, sign me up! 2

@racingchamp30 ...(PSN=RacingChamp30) Yes, please, sign me up! 4
@JamCar0ne ...(PSN=JamCar0ne) Yes, please, sign me up! 5
@Raw10_2u ...(PSN=Raw10_2u) Yes, please, sign me up! 6
@gulfvet67 ...(PSN=gulfvet67) Yes, please, sign me up! 7
@thracerviewr ...(PSN=TheRaceReviewer) Yes, please, sign me up! 8
@MajorBlixem ...(PSN=MajorBlixem) Yes, please, sign me up! 9
@Neutty ...(PSN=Neuttyy) Yes, please, sign me up! 10
@Jw_wk1010 ...(PSN=Jw_wk1010) Yes, please, sign me up! 11
@andypereyra01 ...(PSN=andypereyra01) Yes, please, sign me up! 12
@Herimopp89 ...(PSN=Herimopp89) Yes, please, sign me up! 13
@ConnorWolf ...(PSN=ConnorWolf) Yes, please, sign me up! 14
@FREEREVN ...(PSN=FREEREVN) Please put me on the list as a MAYBE 15
@aLmk ...(PSN=aLmk_69) Please put me on the list as a MAYBE 16
@BanginGears09 ...(PSN=bwreck09) Please put me on the list as a MAYBE 17

Last edited:
Do we have the choice of either of the F1 cars? (Lewis hamltons and the one they have different paint schemes on)

If no one has a practice up I would like to try to practice this car tonight seeing we have no Sunday race this weekend and I can host if need be around 930 central

Man, what a hard car to manage! It's not F1 2018 but it's still an insight into how involved these machines are to operate, let alone drive at/near the limit.

I put it down to minimum power and made it a GP2/Formula 2 car :lol:

If you rubber-band an X-Bow at max power limited weight, RH front RSS rear tires, against Gr. 4 at Blue Moon Speedway, you can easily get the amount you need and a little extra. Just set it up to run while you sleep and get a good 6-8 hours in.

If no one has a practice up I would like to try to practice this car tonight seeing we have no Sunday race this weekend and I can host if need be around 930 central
I will try to attend this practice. I need to see whether my crashing issue has been resolved. If my issue is fixed, I would like to participate in this race on Sunday.

I posted in the main thread too. If you want to turn on Traction Control, let me know. We want to spend most of the time ON the track

I ran a few laps today without traction control. Really the only problem was the chicane in turn 1. If can get yourself to gradually apply the throttle you can get a clean get away.....just don't mash it...you will spin out

....and if you catch the curb on the second chicane.... and if you are too quick on the gas in the Lesmos or the parabolica.... especially if your tires are getting towards 20 Laps and more....:sly:

Looks like the room is filling up nicely. I will play the airlines game and overbook by a couple of seats because we know life happens and there is always someone that misses the plane for whatever reason. If there is a sudden rush we need to consider a second room. If it is only a couple over 16 we can prioritize by those who said "Yes" vs "Maybe". We can also do two Knock-out quallys instead of the Q1 , Q2, Q3 format. Let's see what it looks like by Sunday morning coffee time

@Rednose58 Yes, please, sign me up! 1
@TexasJDC Yes, please, sign me up! 2
@BradESPN Yes, please, sign me up! 3
@racingchamp30 Yes, please, sign me up! 4
@JamCar0ne Yes, please, sign me up! 5
@Raw10_2u Yes, please, sign me up! 6
@gulfvet67 Yes, please, sign me up! 7
@thracerviewr Yes, please, sign me up! 8
@MajorBlixem Yes, please, sign me up! 9
@Neutty Yes, please, sign me up! 10
@Jw_wk1010 Yes, please, sign me up! 11
@andypereyra01 Yes, please, sign me up! 12