SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't decide so I showed my brother the list of all Gr.4 cars and he said McLaren so that's that.

The high today was 68 degrees F and I played golf in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. It was very nice. Had three cigars, four or five glasses of 12 year old scotch and a six pack of beer. It was a very good day. We won't talk about my score but it wasn't horrible.

Three cigars sounds like smoking a pack of ciggarettes but you don't actually inhale right? Cigars are just about the aroma?

It's full but there are names I don't recognize.

Edit: Room crashed? Game was stuck too so reloading now

Sorry but I was planning on only doing one and didn't want to wait 5 minutes for the race result screen to expire so I left the old fashioned way.

I think 5x tire wear was a bit much. RH Tires were already feeling slipper at the end of Lap 2 and Lap 3 was a struggle. Maybe x4 would make them that little bit more stable for a full 3 laps. Fuel felt good. Mapped to 1 I could just eek out 3 laps. Moved it to 2 for some twist bits when you don't necessarily need all the power just to cushion it a bit.

I loved the event! I noticed a slight difference in fuel consumption between my practices and the race. I set my room up for the proper settings when we practiced and was able to make 3 laps with 1/10th lap of fuel remaining and tires at about 50%.During the race I had to use fuel conservation to make my third lap,tires were the same. My lap times were near exactly the same times as practice,until half way through the race( i ran 10 secs faster after half way mark) did anyone else notice this? I thought the settings were perfect,it made you have to use some strategy during the race.

I agree, @Raw10_2u - Excellent experience last night!!!

Had run several 60-min Sim races getting ready, and thought I had the Fuel & Tire strategy set. But last night, the first stint of both races required using the Fuel Mapping to conserve enough to get back to the Pit Box.

Of course I learned quickly that touching the "X button" during a pit stop not only stops fueling - but makes for a very, very long 50-mph lap to get back.

Had a great time in the 2nd race, which was run at night. What a beautiful lighting emphasis on the Nurburgring Circuit. If you haven't driven The Nurb at night, then take a slow, sightseeing tour.
You will enjoy it.

Thanks, again, @Rednose58 for last night's very enjoyable event. Didn't matter - Win or Not, it was thoroughly entertaining.

I loved the event! I noticed a slight difference in fuel consumption between my practices and the race. I set my room up for the proper settings when we practiced and was able to make 3 laps with 1/10th lap of fuel remaining and tires at about 50%.During the race I had to use fuel conservation to make my third lap,tires were the same. My lap times were near exactly the same times as practice,until half way through the race( i ran 10 secs faster after half way mark) did anyone else notice this? I thought the settings were perfect,it made you have to use some strategy during the race.
I agree, @Raw10_2u - Excellent experience last night!!!

Had run several 60-min Sim races getting ready, and thought I had the Fuel & Tire strategy set. But last night, the first stint of both races required using the Fuel Mapping to conserve enough to get back to the Pit Box.

Of course I learned quickly that touching the "X button" during a pit stop not only stops fueling - but makes for a very, very long 50-mph lap to get back.

Had a great time in the 2nd race, which was run at night. What a beautiful lighting emphasis on the Nurburgring Circuit. If you haven't driven The Nurb at night, then take a slow, sightseeing tour.
You will enjoy it.

Thanks, again, @Rednose58 for last night's very enjoyable event. Didn't matter - Win or Not, it was thoroughly entertaining.
This is because the in initial fuel setting in the room was set for 100L (not 100%), and not ever car has a 100L fuel tank. For example my M4 started both races with 79% fuel because it has a bigger tank.

Well that's something to think about if we want to even things out for next time. Any way to see how big a car's fuel tank is without taking it to a track?

Interest Check

May 27th is our next Sunday without league racing (Memorial Day Weekend) so that is our next opportunity for a holiday event. Considering we have leagues in Project Cars 2, I wanted to see which game people would like to have an event in. We have two weeks to decide but best to set it up in the next few days to get an accurate head count. If anyone has ever had some random idea for a race you wanted to have then post it here.

For starters I like a greatest hits of Sunday combos but 3 races per combo since they're ones we like so much we don't wanna stop racing them :)

Interest Check

May 27th is our next Sunday without league racing (Memorial Day Weekend) so that is our next opportunity for a holiday event. Considering we have leagues in Project Cars 2, I wanted to see which game people would like to have an event in. We have two weeks to decide but best to set it up in the next few days to get an accurate head count. If anyone has ever had some random idea for a race you wanted to have then post it here.

For starters I like a greatest hits of Sunday combos but 3 races per combo since they're ones we like so much we don't wanna stop racing them :)

Yes, add me.

Interest Check

.... or we could choose cars and tracks that are not allowed on Sundays..... Many people like Karting..... Maybe we should have a "100-Lap Memorial Day Karting Marathon" and run ten 10-lap races on the following 10 tracks:

upload_2018-5-16_0-16-33.png

@TEX36 :D

That's how one presents an idea for an event. Well thought out and something that can't be done on regular Sunday nights.
As if to say mine isn't well thought out? Because it wasn't. It was simply an interest check to get people aware of this topic. I'll race if someone comes up with something interesting to me, but I'm by no means organizing anything myself.

As if to say mine isn't well thought out? Because it wasn't. It was simply an interest check to get people aware of this topic. I'll race if someone comes up with something interesting to me, but I'm by no means organizing anything myself.

Actually, it had nothing to do with you or your post. It was really a subtle plug for the Friday night events that require an individual to come up with a well thought out idea to reserve a Friday night. By the way, kart racing of some kind could be a good addition to the rotation on Friday nights.

Actually, it had nothing to do with you or your post. It was really a subtle plug for the Friday night events that require an individual to come up with a well thought out idea to reserve a Friday night. By the way, kart racing of some kind could be a good addition to the rotation on Friday nights.
I really like that Friday night test idea but I'm working and most people usually go out Friday night.

@Rednose58, how about the idea of using cars on tires that are different from Sunday regulation? Like putting the Red Bull Junior on RH and really going for it, idunno. I'll be around if anyone wants to test. I have off Tuesdays through Thursdays.

Take the karts to Nurburgring. :sly:
That Circuit requires a transmission that doesn't hit the Rev Limiter 5ft after the start of the loooong straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back