SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... or we could choose cars and tracks that are not allowed on Sundays..... Many people like Karting..... Maybe we should have a "100-Lap Memorial Day Karting Marathon" and run ten 10-lap races on the following 10 tracks:

View attachment 736585

@TEX36 :D

This is a really cool idea. I'd be willing to figure out a way to drive the kart for an event like this. If I remember correctly, the steering rotation on the T300 was automatically set to about 10 degrees lock to lock, which made it very difficult to drive. But my new wheel has more freedom for setting degrees of rotation.

.... or we could choose cars and tracks that are not allowed on Sundays..... Many people like Karting..... Maybe we should have a "100-Lap Memorial Day Karting Marathon" and run ten 10-lap races on the following 10 tracks:

View attachment 736585

@TEX36 :D
School is out - so I think I'll have a go at that list of 10-Lap races today.
Will run them all in Custom Races - so I have to deal with traffic.

@Rednose58
Let me say that I like your idea and would participate. [but] . . . have you driven the shifter kart in GTS? To put it gently, in GT6 it was good, however, GTS took something good and broke it.
Even if too late for Memorial Day, I have a couple ideas. 1) Nordschliefe with nearly any car. 2) Off-road/ rally races with any rally car.

Im able to adjust the steering rotation on the T300 RS for carts, but it is kind of cheating a bit...i really enjoyed the team combo we did a while back which included a rally race . Maybe do a kart , a normal car , a rally and a + 2,000,000 cr car ?

either way , im interested and can help test whatever. I'm on staycation this week! lots to do on the honey list but i'll be available....

I thought all the suggested tracks were good challenges, and could provide some competition.
All EXCEPT Willow Springs - Horsethief. I've never spent so much time on the dirt. Just couldn't get the flow & rhythm. And then turn it around for Horsethief II ....... frustration reigned supreme!!!!

To drive a Kart smoothly you just don't turn the wheel much beyond the "thought" of turning. Anything more and I was wiggling down the track wondering when/where it was going to crash.

I also found that after running a Kart for an hour - I had a hard time getting into the Red Bull Jr and making a lap.

If we go Dirt Tracks, the thinking is to have the following:

Round 1: FF Street Car (N200) - Choice of 6 Cars @ Colorado Springs - Lake (1.858 miles)

upload_2018-5-22_10-7-53.png

Round 2: 4WD Street Car (N300) - Choice of 6 Cars @ Sardegna - Windmills (3.310 miles)

upload_2018-5-22_10-9-37.png

Round 3: FR Street Car (N400) - Choice of 6 Cars @ Colorado Springs - Lake II (1.858 miles)

upload_2018-5-22_10-10-46.png

(I hope they can all be fitted with Dirt Tires....)

Round 4: FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR 2011 @ Sardegna - Windmills II (3.310 miles)

Round 5: Gr.B Rally Cars - Choice of 10 Cars @ Fishermans Ranch (6.893 miles)

upload_2018-5-22_10-12-32.png

Round 1 will be Free Practice for 15 minutes and will count as Qually to set grid
Rest will be reverse grid
15 minute races
BOP on (TBC)
No Tuning

Unexpected invitation/ request by my son to come spend some time with him this weekend.
Sooooo, won't be around this weekend - just wanted to run up the Absent With Leave flag.

If we go Dirt Tracks, the thinking is to have the following:

Round 1: FF Street Car (N200) - Choice of 6 Cars @ Colorado Springs - Lake (1.858 miles)

View attachment 737841

Round 2: 4WD Street Car (N300) - Choice of 6 Cars @ Sardegna - Windmills (3.310 miles)

View attachment 737842

Round 3: FR Street Car (N400) - Choice of 6 Cars @ Colorado Springs - Lake II (1.858 miles)

View attachment 737843
(I hope they can all be fitted with Dirt Tires....)

Round 4: FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR 2011 @ Sardegna - Windmills II (3.310 miles)

Round 5: Gr.B Rally Cars - Choice of 10 Cars @ Fishermans Ranch (6.893 miles)

View attachment 737844

Round 1 will be Free Practice for 15 minutes and will count as Qually to set grid
Rest will be reverse grid
15 minute races
BOP on (TBC)
No Tuning
I could imagine that most SNAILs will have zero previous practice on any of these tracks. Will be entertaining for sure.

Yea, from the voting it looks like we might do some dirt racing and some track racing. At the moment I'm thinking to change to two 15 minute dirt races (N200 FWD and the Ford F-150) and an hour on the Nurb, forcing a pit stop, with GT4 Class cars with BOP on and RH tires.

I'll get my ducks in a row tonight and set up the rules and regs

Here are the results of the votes

upload_2018-5-23_22-38-47.png

With that, I'll set it up with two dirt track races and one endurance race (but with a race car...)

I'll have the announcements and signups going later tonight - hang tight.

Last edited:
Are you using BOP for the Gr. 4 cars? Some are massively overpowered compared to others

View attachment 738217

Are you using BOP form the Gr. 4 cars? Some are massively overpowered compared to others
I can't get the attachment from @Rednose to copy into this post but, wow. His post says BoP in the first image and then it states BoP for HP and weight of all the Gr. 4 cars.

If ever there were a need for the fish to come out of retirement, this would be it.

Last edited:
I did a "quick" test at Nurburgring and it's gonna be 7 laps and one stop. Strategy will be how long you extend your first stint to have fresher tires and a bit less fuel at the end. Stop at end of 3rd or 4th lap, up to you.

Last edited:
I ran a test with the modified weights / power on three of the cars. Came out pretty close

upload_2018-5-24_22-23-22.png

Video of the Clio

For the Gr. 4 race, tires didn't seem to degrade that much. What about x3 instead of x2? Does that degrade too much?

For the Gr. 4 race, tires didn't seem to degrade that much. What about x3 instead of x2? Does that degrade too much?
With some cars you will have to do a bit of fuel management if you don't want to stop twice. With others you can drive hard all the way, but still have to stop. We don't have to put too much thinking into it. Not many people have signed up so far, so we'll have to see how the night plays out.

Yea. With BOP on I think more randos might be more inclined to show up. I tested with the Toyota 86 but maybe the Veyron or M4 are worse on fuel. I'll probably use what I'm used to so either the Toyota, the Alfa we just ran with, or maybe the Cayman as I haven't played with that yet

Sorry guys I fell asleep watching the 600 and I just now woke up. Was planning on getting on 30 or so minutes early to get the cars I needed and then go blind into this, but I’m not sure what I have. Sadly would be a good idea to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back